An age old problem for all flight sims I know.  We have the ban system but I have yet to see enough votes garnered to ban team killers (DED normal Server at any rate).  These idiots/or kids ruin the game and enrage  genuine players who love the multiplayer experience.  

Please guys ..when "deliberate" team killers appear in our game, vote to ban them don't ignore them just temporarily remove them until they mature...maybe they will learn from that.

Sorry to rant on but this games too good to be spoilt.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, II/JG17_LtZot said:

An age old problem for all flight sims I know.  We have the ban system but I have yet to see enough votes garnered to ban team killers (DED normal Server at any rate).  These idiots/or kids ruin the game and enrage  genuine players who love the multiplayer experience.  

Please guys ..when "deliberate" team killers appear in our game, vote to ban them don't ignore them just temporarily remove them until they mature...maybe they will learn from that.

Sorry to rant on but this games too good to be spoilt.

hi was this in the Furball last night ?

What exactly is a team killer?  Do you mean pilots flying in mutual support of one another the way pilots did in real life to have better results, or is this something different than what you are thinking of?

Ahhhh.....friendly fire....team killer...like the people who feel justified shooting at friendlies who jump in front between them and"their" target.....as discussed after the fine videos on this fine thread.

Edited by J5_Baeumer
  • Haha 1

Except in this case the team killer hunted my squadie back across friendly lines twice before sidling up behind him to start shooting. The second time it happened I rammed him to stop the TK attempt. It clearly wasn’t a case of mistaken identity or cutting across a possible kill by accident. One flight maybe. Two flights in a row, not a chance.

I had someone once who kept ramming his own team.  When it first happened we thought it was an accident but then we kept seeing his name appear as destroyed at the same time as others on our side.   Next time I took off I saw someone follow me up then dive towards me. I dodged and he came back and did it again and took my tail off.

Why ram instead of shoot?  Because it meant his name never showed in the messages or stats so it was hard for people to prove the same person was doing it. When my squadmate was rammed he was not even sure what had destroyed him.   Luckily I recorded my flight and played it back with icons on and got his name (Jelly_Donut) 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

Except in this case the team killer hunted my squadie back across friendly lines twice before sidling up behind him to start shooting. The second time it happened I rammed him to stop the TK attempt. It clearly wasn’t a case of mistaken identity or cutting across a possible kill by accident. One flight maybe. Two flights in a row, not a chance.

Hi Murf - I understand you're annoyed by this behaviour, but if you do it too how does the perpetrator know it's the wrong thing to do?

32 minutes ago, Rattlesnake said:

I’m just jealous that you’ve been able to find an FC server with people in it at all.

mate join discord irregulars channel, we fly FC MP almost every night from about 20:00 gmt onwards, also if you want a FC MP duel shoot me a pm i have time now

II/JG17_LtZot if it is the incident i am thinking of, the person you had the incident with is a regular FC player been flying since FC started and is a really sound person and player, he was on voice coms with our group during this incident. i think this is not a case of a team killer, i think it is more a case of first time, mistaken identity, then he got miffed that you instantly voted to ban him, it was the first time he has ever had a ban request, so took i kind of personaly. and to but honest it is the first time i have seen a ban request in any FC MP games. Also if it is the same person i am thinking of he plays in VR so can not type, and say sorry.

Edited by GCF

I told him to stop several times and tracked him for several minutes. I waited at least two minutes while he intentionally closed with my squadie (his intentions were clear and verified shortly thereafter) , I asked for a kick vote, and waited for him to fire. Then I cut his legs out from under him til he quit the server. I hate to be the bully but that behavior has no place in our community. I’m usually the guy who is there to help anyone on a server and forfeit my own mission to clear a teammates tail. I gave him MULTIPLE  opportunities to discontinue TK’ing.

GCF, If the guy couldn't be bothered to at least type in "sorry" for the first incident, then he shouldn't be surprised when somebody votes to ban him.  Everybody who has ever played a game like this has accidentally shot down a friendly, but there is a way to handle it, and a way not to handle it.  Shooting down more friendlies is not the way to handle it.  He'll either take the opportunity to learn the lesson that has been given to him, or else, maybe he'll just go away, which sounds like it would be just as well.

Edited by SeaSerpent
2 hours ago, GCF said:

if it is the incident i am thinking of

Before things get mixed up here, the incident you are thinking of was mine and that was not the one discussed here.

My case had no victims and happened only once.

Someone fired in my back. I fired him two shots in the rudder to return him the favour. Thereupon he requested a ban and so did I.

I know who it was and it was no one of II/JG17.

That was it all about. This statement was only for clarifying and I will not discuss my case here.

Edited by Darkowl
typo
4 hours ago, GCF said:

mate join discord irregulars channel, we fly FC MP almost every night from about 20:00 gmt onwards, also if you want a FC MP duel shoot me a pm i have time now

II/JG17_LtZot if it is the incident i am thinking of, the person you had the incident with is a regular FC player been flying since FC started and is a really sound person and player, he was on voice coms with our group during this incident. i think this is not a case of a team killer, i think it is more a case of first time, mistaken identity, then he got miffed that you instantly voted to ban him, it was the first time he has ever had a ban request, so took i kind of personaly. and to but honest it is the first time i have seen a ban request in any FC MP games. Also if it is the same person i am thinking of he plays in VR so can not type, and say sorry.

Hi GCF

I think you must have the wrong incident/player.  This is a german player stalking german planes deliberately.  He sidles to your 6, closes and fires.  On the next flight he repeats the action.  No Russian planes anywhere near.  He's either a kid or a very sad individual.  The point I'm making is that when this happens the community must act together in order to deter it.  It's ultimately a game killer imo.

I have no problems with accidents or new guys making errors firing.  That's nothing to get upset about.

So.....since LtZot has no FC early access bar under his name we can assume this is nothing to do with FC?

Rather like the many confused 'team killers' LtZot seems to have shot his bolt.......in the wrong part of the forum......

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, SeaSerpent said:

GCF, If the guy couldn't be bothered to at least type in "sorry" for the first incident, then he shouldn't be surprised when somebody votes to ban him.  Everybody who has ever played a game like this has accidentally shot down a friendly, but there is a way to handle it, and a way not to handle it.  Shooting down more friendlies is not the way to handle it.  He'll either take the opportunity to learn the lesson that has been given to him, or else, maybe he'll just go away, which sounds like it would be just as well.

in VR you can not see keyboard the whole time you are flying, unless you completely take off your headset, even saluting in vr is near impasable, it is not a disrespect or ignorant, it is just not possable with vr to chat at same time.

2 hours ago, GCF said:

in VR you can not see keyboard the whole time you are flying, unless you completely take off your headset, even saluting in vr is near impasable, it is not a disrespect or ignorant, it is just not possable with vr to chat at same time.

What he's wearing on his head is his problem, not anyone elses.  If your friend doesn't want others to misinterpret his actions as intentional rather than accidental, (and possibly vote to ban) then he'd better raise his headset and let people know what just happened.  If he can't be bothered to do that, and somebody votes to ban him, cry me a river! 

• Upvote 1

I fly VR and believe VR use shouldn't be an excuse. Any time I've made such a mistake, I raise up the headset to type in that I'm sorry. I see it as if I crash while having it raised and typing - well it was my bad to begin with and had the crash coming. I mis-ID less than I used to but have still had some and feel awful when it has happened. If someone isn't acknowledging their mistake because of VR - they are just making excuses and come across as not really caring that they fouled up.