MarcoPegase44

Black cross & red star vol.4

Thanks for the heads up.

• Upvote 1

The U.S. edition of Vol. 4 is paperback and entirely b&w (except for the cover). ISBN 978-91-88441-50-8.

WTH?

Posted (edited)

Hello,

The British edition of Vol. 4 is hard cover and contains colour profiles. ISBN 978-91-88441-21-8.

release may

Edited by MarcoPegase44

I'll be going for the deluxe British edition of course... if you send a picture of your British passport there is a 50% discount as well!

Christer Bergstrom's been asking for crowd funding for BCRS vol 4 and the reprints of 1 to 3 for a couple of years now. Is there any evidence that he finally achieved it? The English website doesn't seem to be any different from a long while back. :unsure:.

I have had couple personal email us from him within last few months, and it might be slightly delayed but overall it is on the right track. Most recent email was asking for addresses for aviation bookstores and hobby shops

• Thanks 1

Confirmed. There have been pre-views of the new volume recently. Looks like something is going on ... "14 days" :P

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Retnek said:

Confirmed. There have been pre-views of the new volume recently. Looks like something is going on ... "14 days" :P

Good news. Will be looking forward to seeing it released.

The past week Christer send me an email and the release date is about 1st of May

I've got the other 3 books in the series... Vol 4 would be a day one buy for me  :)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

I've got the other 3 books in the series... Vol 4 would be a day one buy for me  :)

I managed to borrow vol.1 from the library a few years ago. There must only be one copy in the whole British library system as I live near Bath and it came down from Macclesfield!

Posted (edited)

Cost you about £250 for vol 1 now... That's a new copy.

Second hand, about £150 for a decent one

Edited by Trooper117

I've got all three the year they each came out.  Vol. 1 cost me $29.95.

Yeah, I think I paid something like that for vol 1 also (new). I only have 1 & 2 but also have "Stalingrad: the air battle" which I think covers much of what was in BCRS 3.

Posted (edited)

I own the 3 volumes and the book Stalingrad Air Battle, The N ° 3 of BCRS is the best of all, it's my favorite

Edited by MarcoPegase44

22 hours ago, 216th_Cat said:

I managed to borrow vol.1 from the library a few years ago. There must only be one copy in the whole British library system as I live near Bath and it came down from Macclesfield!

I will have to wait for the re-issue of vol.1 before I can afford to buy a copy. Other than that I have vols. 2 & 3, Barbarossa, Stalingrad, Kursk and Bagration to Berlin. All well worth it.

Yep, I have those books from his other series... Barbarossa, Stalingrad, Kursk and Bagration to Berlin. 

Looking at the cost in pounds sterling the uk pricing is going to be about £68... phew!

I've had a sneak peak at a few of the chapters - lots of detail and if you take your time you'll be able to reference it to the maps that will be with it.  It really brings it home how tough it all was for everyone.

Very cool indeed.

von Tom

Posted (edited)

I can confirm that Black Cross/Red Star, Volume 4 soon will be completed.

Owing to some delays in getting material from Russian archives, the release date will be June 2019. But that is 100 % certain.

I am still looking for crowd funding, because the production cost for such a large and fat book with hundreds of photos, color profiles and lots of detailed maps by a professional map drawer is quite high. If you would like to participate, please e-mail me at vaktelforlag@gmail.com.

If you would like to pre-order the new (and very, very much updated) edition of Volume 1, please also contact me at vaktelforlag@gmail.com

I attach a text excerpt (in word) from the not yet proofread manuscript.

Please help by spreading the word, since I am publishing this volume (and the future ones) by myself, in order to control what is published.

ch6 1.jpg

Ch 6 2.jpg

Here's how the excerpt above continues. You may spread these excerpts as an example of the content of Black Cross/Red Star, Vol. 4.

For those of you who are happy with the previous volumes - you ain't seen nothing yet. ;) For Volume 4, and the subsequent volumes, I have accumulated much, much more primary source material from both sides.

ch 6 3.jpg

Edited by ChrisBergstrom
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 8

I've managed to sneak a look at the later chapters.  In all it perfectly fits the Kuban map that we have and it is very odd seeing in text the very airfields that we fly over in IL2.

I found myself thinking "Gelendzhik, I've been there" then realising (duh) no I haven't except virtually.

von Tom

Good news. 🙂