Posted (edited)

Have you tried using a game optimizer to disable unneeded services running in the background?  I had a similar micro stutter problem a few years ago when I first started playing Cliffs of Dover and it turned out the problem had to do with two services running in the background.  I now use a game optimizer (Razer Game Boost) to disable many background tasks before I play any game just to be sure I don't have a similar problem. 

One more thing:  Try disabling the real time scanning feature of your anti virus software or see if it supports a "Gaming Mode".   AV software can sometimes cause problems (depending on what vendor you use).

Edited by Invictus_84
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Invictus_84 said:

Have you tried using a game optimizer to disable unneeded services running in the background?  I had a similar micro stutter problem a few years ago when I first started playing Cliffs of Dover and it turned out the problem had to do with two services running in the background.  I now use a game optimizer (Razer Game Boost) to disable many background tasks before I play any game just to be sure I don't have a similar problem. 

One more thing:  Try disabling the real time scanning feature of your anti virus software or see if it supports a "Gaming Mode".   AV software can sometimes cause problems (depending on what vendor you use).

Already wrote that down. 

Pull out the network cable and: shutdown all the not needed software like SweetFX, virusscanner, mbam, printer, CPUz, Windows update etc. Play BoS without internet and see what happen.  (and do not forget to disable afterburner and Rivatuner)  Pull out all the not needed USB devices, like your USB stick, rudder pedals and trackIR, btw not the joystick.

Think we are repeating on that point, shutdown the not needed software, processes etc. 🙂  But if software is helping why not. 

@1.JaVA_KEBEN One thing before going to the RTX2080ti. Did you use mods and how old is your BoX install. I know from WoFF that mods can effect the game performance even using JSGME or other mod swapping tool. 

The same about BoX if you have an old installation it could be that it is become corrupt, missing something. 

I would try to do an fresh BoX instal, backup your skins, missions and input file, make a print screen of the ingame adjustments, before doing.  

Sorry for repeating your points.....I missed your prior post.  My bad. :fool: 

Posted (edited)

Okay, the first step, cleaning the PC. Not much dust to be found, but to be sure everything was cleaned.

The second step, a new SSD mounted , and finally set up the game again.

Now installing everything, and testing it tonight.

The storage space was already small, so no wrong investment ;-)

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-03 at 20.43.10.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-03 at 20.36.38.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-03 at 20.36.08.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-03 at 20.59.28.jpeg

Edited by 1.JaVA_KEBEN

On 4/2/2019 at 9:11 PM, 1.JaVA_KEBEN said:

Hyperthreading ; turned this off  .

Generally I'd let this turned on as it might reduced stress on the CPU cores used by the game with other background process.. Anyway that's the theory, but you can test and check what's better.

Also is your CPU a K or non-K processor? a bit of overclock always helps since IL-2 is heavily dependent on single core performances, and with that massive cooler you might even try to hit 5GHz. If it is a non-K processors you can try to lock all cores to maximum boost instead of having it jump around.

Posted (edited)

Intel Core i7 7700

Cores 4
Threads 8
Name Intel Core i7 7700
Code Name Kaby Lake
Package Socket 1151 LGA
Technology 14nm
Specification Intel Core i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Family 6
Extended Family 6
Model E
Extended Model 9E
Stepping 9
Revision B0
Instructions MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, Intel 64, NX, VMX, AES, AVX, AVX2, FMA3
Virtualization Supported, Disabled
Hyperthreading Supported, Enabled
Fan Speed 505 RPM
Bus Speed 100.0 MHz
Stock Core Speed 3600 MHz
Stock Bus Speed 100 MHz

I do my best to understand as much as possible, but I am not really a PC expert ;-)
But I would like to learn something .

I am a master technician at a Hyunda dealer, so cars are not a problem .. computers sometimes do ...lol

K or non-K processor ?

lock all cores to maximum boost ?

Edited by 1.JaVA_KEBEN

1 hour ago, 1.JaVA_KEBEN said:

I

K or non-K processor ?

lock all cores to maximum boost ?

A "K" Intel Processor allows for easy overclocking by being able to change the multiplier on each core. A non-K you do not have that ability.

• Like 1

@1.JaVA_KEBEN  If I take a look at your 3,6Ghz is an non K.  While the K does have the 4,2Ghz at stock. 

• Thanks 1

144 Hz G-sync monitor 2560x1400 saved me. Previously i had 60Hz monitor and lot of stutters

Posted (edited)

I would find anyone in your neighborhood that has a half decent gaming card and by them dinner for letting you swap it into your system. I once had an Nvidia card that ran like crap in almost every game, it was most definitely faulty. Even if your card isn't faulty it could be a driver or software related problem to that specific card, so even if you can put in a graphics card that isn't as good as a 1080 on paper, it might really help isolate what the problem is.

Also, you could reinstall Windows on to one of your extra hard drives and with that fresh install, see if that fixes the problem.. If it doesn't, you can just plug your original hard drive back in so you don't really lose anything and it's not a big hassle.

Edited by Scott_Steiner
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Hartigan said:

144 Hz G-sync monitor 2560x1400 saved me. Previously i had 60Hz monitor and lot of stutters

My problems have just started with a new screen. Before this I played on a 1920x1080 27 inch monitor and there were hardly any problems. now put another monitor on it with the 2560x1440 resolution and the problems have started

LG 32GK850G

freezen and micro stutters, irregular frame time making it look like you're only running 30 fps while the frame rate is much higher .

Posted (edited)

So it seems he went from an normal monitor to an Gsync & higher Hz/resolution monitor and then the problems occur, so here must lay the probleem. 

I do hope a Gsync player could be in help by sharing his nVidia adjustments. 

Edited by Dutch2

3 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

So it seems he went from an normal monitor to an Gsync & higher Hz/resolution monitor and then the problems occur, so here must lay the probleem. 

I do hope a Gsync player could be in help by sharing his nVidia adjustments. 

Monitor Technology: G-Sync

(...)

Vertical Sync: Fast

Works for me, Track IR user, ánd with an MSFFB2 stick 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

Any progress?

BTW, did you use the LG driver https://www.lg.com/nl/ondersteuning/ondersteuning-product/lg-32GK850G-B

and deleting the stock windows monitor driver? 

Yes , i used the driver ...no fun .

I have now removed the video drivers and cleaned the system thoroughly with driver sweeper. This is already a big improvement. I have given a software update to my hard disk and everything seems smoother now.

now we are testing, let's see if it goes better ... it seems better.

Now i'm running on 1920x1080 , and that goes well .

• Upvote 2