Sign in to follow this  
[Pb]Vapor

Dserver Ports after last patch?

Posted (edited)

I am beating my head against a wall here.  I can get the Dserver up and running, I can log in and see my server locally but others (including myself if I use a VPN)  cannot see my server.  Everything seems to load fine in the Dserver.

I am of course port forwarding the Downloader, TCP and UDP ports specified in the sds file.   I have tried different values for those across the spectrum, always ensuring my firewall is configured to allow those ports to forward correctly.  I also have used multiple port forwarding tools to ensure the ports were open, they were.  I have also tried moving the whole server into the DMZ.  I have also assigned my IP in the SDS file and checked the "external" box.  Tried it both ways actually.  Nothing is working here.

Has anyone else had trouble starting a server since the last patch?  I cannot seem to bring up a server view-able outside of my LAN.  Whats strange is this was working fine before.  Currently I have tried on both a 2016 server and Win 10 1809.  No luck with either one.  

Did I miss some new setting here that was added?  I am at a loss for why my server isn't showing up.

EDIT:

I have also disabled any blocking network software.  Placed the servers in the DMZ as well as statically defined DNS servers to different values to see if DNS could be the issue. Tried disabling and enabling IPV6 on servers.

Edited by [Pb]Vapor

i cant log in online idk if this is something that may be affecting  what you are doing also 

6 hours ago, [Pb]Vapor said:

I am beating my head against a wall here.  I can get the Dserver up and running, I can log in and see my server locally but others (including myself if I use a VPN)  cannot see my server.  Everything seems to load fine in the Dserver.

I am of course port forwarding the Downloader, TCP and UDP ports specified in the sds file.   I have tried different values for those across the spectrum, always ensuring my firewall is configured to allow those ports to forward correctly.  I also have used multiple port forwarding tools to ensure the ports were open, they were.  I have also tried moving the whole server into the DMZ.  I have also assigned my IP in the SDS file and checked the "external" box.  Tried it both ways actually.  Nothing is working here.

Has anyone else had trouble starting a server since the last patch?  I cannot seem to bring up a server view-able outside of my LAN.  Whats strange is this was working fine before.  Currently I have tried on both a 2016 server and Win 10 1809.  No luck with either one.  

Did I miss some new setting here that was added?  I am at a loss for why my server isn't showing up.

Are you running VMware or Virtual box?  If so try disabling your virtual network adapters as a test and see it it works after.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, NO_SQDeriku777 said:

Are you running VMware or Virtual box?  If so try disabling your virtual network adapters as a test and see it it works after.

I wish, these are dedicated boxes. Everything checks out to the edge of my perimeter.  Ports are open (validated from exterior tools) but it's like at the WAN level and beyond is not working.

Finally!  Looks like you MUST check the external box for the Dserver IP,  and in my case DO NOT place an IP in the box.  I didn't have to do this Pre 3.0 and was under the impression that was only for when you statically defined an IP in that box.  Lesson learned.

Super frustrating, I wish this was checked by default.

image.png.4d9d65645885a7edc4e56b89b5cbef91.png