Jade_Monkey

Achtung Tank Prokhorovka - Suggestion

First of all, congratulations on the new server!! It's a lot of fun.

I like how the objectives are set up and there is usually a lot of back and forth with both sides conquering the frontline towns.

The one thing I'm not enjoying is all the fighters just hanging around enemy base waiting for a cheap kill when attack planes take off. 

To me, this seems like a ground based server (i could be wrong here) so here are my suggestions:

• Remove pure fighters from the airfields. They usually are not even contributing towards objectives.
  • Leave ground attack vehicles as options.
  • Reinforce objectives with more AAA to give some protection against attack planes.
  • [Future] - Add GAZ-MM + 72K and Sd. Kfz. 10 + Flak38 that aresupposed to come with TC.
    • I we havent heard much about these and I'm not sure if they have been silently de-scoped from TC.

I know some people will not like this idea, but I just wanted to share my opinion on how to tweak the server, which already shows great potential.

Thanks,

-JM

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

First of all, congratulations on the new server!! It's a lot of fun.

I like how the objectives are set up and there is usually a lot of back and forth with both sides conquering the frontline towns.

The one thing I'm not enjoying is all the fighters just hanging around enemy base waiting for a cheap kill when attack planes take off. 

To me, this seems like a ground based server (i could be wrong here) so here are my suggestions:

• Remove pure fighters from the airfields. They usually are not even contributing towards objectives.
  • Leave ground attack vehicles as options.
  • Reinforce objectives with more AAA to give some protection against attack planes.
  • [Future] - Add GAZ-MM + 72K and Sd. Kfz. 10 + Flak38 that aresupposed to come with TC.
    • I we havent heard much about these and I'm not sure if they have been silently de-scoped from TC.

I know some people will not like this idea, but I just wanted to share my opinion on how to tweak the server, which already shows great potential.

Thanks,

-JM

I absolutely agree with you, Jade. Very good idea, what you are suggesting. Ban those fighters!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

• [Future] - Add GAZ-MM + 72K and Sd. Kfz. 10 + Flak38 that are supposed to come with TC.
    • I we havent heard much about these and I'm not sure if they have been silently de-scoped from TC

-JM

I fully agree with placing AAA units around tank spawn points. For that matter, one could make most them 'invulnerable' to keep them operational. :good:

Let me correct myself, fighters are contributing by intentionally crashing against tanks. Then they say on the chant "it's the most effective way".

RIP server if this goes on.

Hello everyone,

Today I didn't see this great server on the list of servers. Will it be coming back soon or at all? I'm very eager to play on this great tank server.

Thanks

Posted (edited)

I just saw it tonight....Looks like it's back.  But no sooner did they come online and they said they had to update the server. I'm hoping it comes back online because a lot of guys in our group really enjoy that server, including me.  😀

Edited by SCG_Neun

loved this server not dead i hope? I really hope there will be a good tanks server that stays.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, TeufelHunden said:

I also enjoy this server.... where did it go?

im guessing its dead though? havent seen it for 2 days now?

Tbh im glad I pre-ordered BOP but i told a good friend of mine to not pre-order it yet as i think the multiplayer BOP is just lacking severely right now..

Im fully aware that its not finished and all but its pretty much only QMB for tanks right now.

Edited by jann3man

Salutations,

Here is a single player tank mission for you.

Player in Tiger tank of the Southern Battle Group. See Map. 

Place the included mission files and the Media folder in your games Missions folder. Good Luck. :salute:

Tiger.thumb.PNG..png

BTL Tiger At The Gate.zip

On 3/31/2019 at 4:05 AM, Jade_Monkey said:

There’s no mention of them on the store page.

Fighters are going to be essential to protecting tanks from ground attack aircraft.

Posted (edited)
Just now, Pb_Cybermat47 said:

There’s no mention of them on the store page.

Fighters are going to be essential to protecting tanks from ground attack aircraft.

and from store page:

Tank Crew contains ten famous tanks and armored vehicles that you can drive, shoot and command in virtual combat alone or with friends. Tank Crew also comes with a map of the Prokhorovka sector of the Kursk Salient.

Edited by Haza

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Haza said:

and from store page:

Tank Crew contains ten famous tanks and armored vehicles that you can drive, shoot and command in virtual combat alone or with friends. Tank Crew also comes with a map of the Prokhorovka sector of the Kursk Salient.

From the store page:

•  Ten legendary battle tanks that can be manned and operated by the player - T-34-76, KV-1s. M4A2 “Sherman”, SU-122, SU-152, PzKpfw III Ausf.M, PzKpfw IV Ausf.G, PzKpfw V Ausf.D "Panther". PzKpfw VI Ausf.H1 "Tiger" and Sd. Kfz. 184 "Ferdinand".

Those are all tanks, assault guns, and tank hunters. No SPAA. The only real AA capability there is externally mounted (like the commander’s M2 in the Sherman). And those aren’t going to be much help.

Edited by Pb_Cybermat47

Posted (edited)
Just now, Pb_Cybermat47 said:

From the store page:

•  Ten legendary battle tanks that can be manned and operated by the player - T-34-76, KV-1s. M4A2 “Sherman”, SU-122, SU-152, PzKpfw III Ausf.M, PzKpfw IV Ausf.G, PzKpfw V Ausf.D "Panther". PzKpfw VI Ausf.H1 "Tiger" and Sd. Kfz. 184 "Ferdinand".

Those are all tanks, assault guns, and tank hunters. No SPAA. The only real AA capability there is externally mounted (like the commander’s M2 in the Sherman). And those aren’t going to be much help.

Cyber,

I'm lost with that then sorry as I read that there would be 10 tanks + 2 AA vehicles as per the DD195:

Now let's list the tanks that will be made for the project, it is called Tank Crew after all. There will be 10 armored vehicles and two Anti-Aircraft vehicles:

1. T-34-76 model 1943
2. KV-1s
3. M4A2
4. SU-122
5. SU-152
6. GAZ-MM + 72K

7. PzKpfw III Ausf.M
8. PzKpfw IV Ausf.G
9. PzKpfw V Ausf.D "Panther"
10. PzKpfw VI Ausf.H1 "Tiger"
11. Sd. Kfz. 184 "Ferdinand"
12. Sd. Kfz. 10 + Flak38

In addition I read the 2nd para in the store page as "Tank Crew contains ten famous tanks and armored vehicles that you can drive, shoot and command in virtual combat alone or with friends. Tank Crew also comes with a map of the Prokhorovka sector of the Kursk Salient"

Therefore, I assumed that these were the 2 extra vehicles (items 6 and 12 from above) that could be controlled and were AA types!?

Sorry for the confusion!

Regards

Edited by Haza

"GAZ-MM + 72K Sd. Kfz. 10 + Flak38 (Collector Vehicles) to come together after tanks done. "

"Due to development and gameplay considerations we have decided to create a separate AAA vehicles add-on featuring the GAZ-MM + 72K and Sd. Kfz. 10 + Flak38. We will prepare them as a separate product to be released later and work to make them a more interesting addition to IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles then initially planned."

It is a shame there are not more tank servers in North America to play on with no lag.

I hope some day there will be downloadable MP Tank missions available to be able to put them up

from a few creators.You don't modify them to get different styles of mission building to give you

different scenarios of battle and different approches and flavors on the battlefields.

You throw it up on a Dserver and let it run so players in North America can play without having to connect across the pond.