No.85_Camm

Major Problem with Disconnects

To the Developers or Coders.

Will you please check IL-2 at your end please. There are too many of us getting Error #10009 for it to be a problem with our computers. There is nothing wrong with my computer or internet service. I have uninstalled the game and re-installed it 3 times. It is now getting to the point where I cannot play the game anymore. I have had 3 flights and 3 consecutive disconnects. The problem started in mid January 2019. It is now looking like I have wasted a lot of money buying Bos, BoM, Kuban. Bodenplatte and all the Allied Collector planes (other than the UV-2) Not to mention the Single Player campaigns. Please help us out Guys.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

could it be its to high ping that is disconecting you and others with that problem.

Does it happend only on one or two servers or on most servers, try on berloga for example, maybe ask what ping limit servers you have problem with have, what settings you have in startup.cfg in your il-2 bos data folder. maybe something is to high or to low there for network uploads and downloads.

I for one was having around 1 disconect per 50 sorties on wol since i started playing this game, and after 3.010 no disconects any more , knock the wood

Edited by 77.CountZero

31 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

could it be its to high ping that is disconecting you and others with that problem.

Does it happend only on one or two servers or on most servers, try on berloga for example, maybe ask what ping limit servers you have problem with have, what settings you have in startup.cfg in your il-2 bos data folder. maybe something is to high or to low there for network uploads and downloads.

I for one was having around 1 disconect per 50 sorties on wol since i started playing this game, and after 3.010 no disconects any more , knock the wood

It happens on most Servers and my Ping is low.. As I have already stated (MANY times) there is nothing wrong with my settings or my upload/download speeds. Everything was good until Mid January. You stating that you got 1 disconnect per 50 sorties...I would be happy with but THREE disconnects on THREE sorties (today) is too darned much!!!! Please read my other posts on this matter before you come up with suggestions that have already been tried

• Haha 1

Hey @No.85_Camm at this moment, I'm trying with another ISP.

I'm having so much disco, most of them when in KOTA. Last night, with IPS from my relatives, I was able to fly without any issue.

I know that it's a headache (I'm really fed up with this error) but I'll continue to test.
After I get more "results" and if it works well I will open a ticket with my IPS.

See also:

I update my post. See link above!

3 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

lol i see why no one bathers to help you then

Being toxic does not help them. Many players contacted us in the close past, and their ping is way below the ping limit, and there was no ping over limit messages.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Last days I got several disconects aswell. I was mostly on the Coconut Servers, I don´t know why the disconects happened.

Where can I see the "Ping Limit"? I must try next days again some online sessions and see what happens.

Hello friends,

I wanted to fly on a coconut server and I got a disconnet again with the error #10009

Is there any help?

I just checked my PING.....it is 12ms, a very good ping. Is it too fast for the coconut server?

Thanks and best regards Joe

Edited by spitfirejoe

really slow 12ms? I thought that is a good ping!?

Now I was 1 hour on the server and no problems, which is great

1 hour ago, spitfirejoe said:

really slow 12ms? I thought that is a good ping!?

Now I was 1 hour on the server and no problems, which is great

that is really good ping. 
Right now there is no solotuion for this problem. 

• Thanks 1

Hello Bubi, thank you for answering. Then I will wait patiently and hope that it can be fixed.

have a nice day

• Upvote 1

I suffer the same issue as @No.85_Camm, amongst others, and it is not a problem that can be solved at the user-end. This problem also started for me around early-mid January and has not abated since, I have never had an issue in IL2 (since founding) and I do not have a problem with any other game. Feel free to look through our post histories; we have tried literally every 'solution' presented to us but none have even temporarily remedied the situation. It happens on every server (depending on the user), it happens at any time of day and it can happen under any circumstance - it is an issue with IL2.

Your dismissive attitude @77.CountZero isn't very helpful.

Edited by Leifr
  • Upvote 1

I get this error occasionally on my end. Not as often as some in this thread. On KOTA, WOL and Berloga, most commonly on WOL. I don't really fly on other servers.

It may seem obvious that the problem is only with Il-2, but if it was a generalized issue wouldn't everyone be experiencing this problem? Since it strikes at random there has to be another factor. Some players get it, majority don't, some get it with certain servers worse than others, but not everyone who has the problem has it with the same servers. So it can't be just server settings either. 

since yesterday I have a lot of Discos in WoL, never had such Problems before. Anything changed?

35 minutes ago, Fritz_Faber said:

since yesterday I have a lot of Discos in WoL, never had such Problems before. Anything changed?

What is the error number?
Nothing changed i guess.

#10009 is what we others also always get. 

Would like to know what #10009 means? Maybe it helps the Devs to provide a bug fix, I hope!

3 hours ago, spitfirejoe said:

#10009 is what we others also always get. 

Would like to know what #10009 means? Maybe it helps the Devs to provide a bug fix, I hope!

"Game server connection lost".

Connection between client (us) and server (KOTA, TAW, etc) has been losted.

See thread below:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I would like to stress that ping.exe is used to check availability of a remote host and it isn't a suitable tool for testing connection's quality. It sends one small control packet every 1000ms and during this period of time game my sends and receives dozens or hundreds of large data packets. Analyzing network problems isn't easy.

Please check iPerf (https://iperf.fr/en/) tool. But the server admins must also install it on their hardware. Also size of the packet is important and it should be as big as packets generated by the game. 

The other option is to use WireShark to capture game packets and analyze them when disconnection happens. It should be running on the client and server side. 

Edited by =LG=Kathon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

When will the IL2 team fix the #10009 Server connection bug? WoL isn‘t playable for me since 5 days 😩

Same issue here... MP unplayable again... I really love this game but this is frustrating and it seems that devs don't even bother to look fix it...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SCG_klobuk said:

Same issue here... MP unplayable again... I really love this game but this is frustrating and it seems that devs don't even bother to look fix it...

I get the error too, but it comes and goes. Things will work fine for a few days, and one day I will have several disconnects in a row. It has worsened since I moved - a new ISP, and my internet is delivered wirelessly from a tower. For this reason, I suspect in my case that sudden drops in connection speed cause the server to lose the connection. However, most other people are on much more stable connections and still have issues. 

I would love to see it fixed. But It's happening completely randomly across the user base, and for every user its happening to there's a unique network configuration that could be causing the issue too. 

As an example: the problem was the worst for me a couple weeks ago on KOTA. I played on Combat Box instead and found it was fine. Makes sense, lower ping from a closer server. This week, when I tried to play Combat Box, I disconnected every five minutes. However, KOTA ran smoothly for me for nearly two straight hours, despite having a much lower ping.

I really want to be belive these disconnects are present because Devs are wroking on the netcode.

4 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

I really want to be belive these disconnects are present because Devs are wroking on the netcode.

Well, the one netcode update back in late 2018 was when a lot of people started noticing it I think. So you could be right.

56 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

Well, the one netcode update back in late 2018 was when a lot of people started noticing it I think. So you could be right.

Hi RedKestrel, 

Just as another data point for you. The other night when you were flying combat box doing bombing runs in the Pe2 and I covered you for part of it... 

I think you had about 3 disconnects in a row as you attempted to rejoin and got booted again. The server was sending out messages saying you had 'ping over limit'

Certainly doesn't seem to be the solution to all of your's or everyone else's problems but in that specific case it seemed to be internet connection quality related. 

I'm also currently on a wireless tower based connection so I can certainly sympathise with the random drops and connection issues on occasion due to that. 

Edited by SCG_Wulfe
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SCG_Wulfe said:

Hi RedKestrel, 

Just as another data point for you. The other night when you were flying combat box doing bombing runs in the Pe2 and I covered you for part of it... 

I think you had about 3 disconnects in a row as you attempted to rejoin and got booted again. The server was sending out messages saying you had 'ping over limit'

Certainly doesn't seem to be the solution to all of your's or everyone else's problems but in that specific case it seemed to be internet connection quality related. 

I'm also currently on a wireless tower based connection so I can certainly sympathise with the random drops and connection issues on occasion due to that. 

Ah, now that changes things! I never saw any kind of warning about my ping being over limit! Just an instant connection drop. My ping in the server menu was less than 100, but probably I was having intermittent spikes.

I've never had a ping overlimit until the last few updates. WOL is now becoming a very frustrating server to play on for me. Nothing worse than going out on a bomb run and get disconnected just before landing. Very annoying to say the least.

Have noticed a real uptick in the number of times I lose connection from servers in the past few months as well.