Sign in to follow this  
sandysandy

How do I play Tank Crew crew?

I just paid $70 for this game - how do I download and play it please?

I already have most of the flight sims via Steam, but this purchase was direct with you

Just launch il2 through steam and, hey presto, TC will be there!

The game entitled, "Tank Crew – Clash at Prokhorovka" on the IL2 website is listed as an "early access" item.  That means the game is not available at this time.  Purchase of the game as an early access item enables game play of Russian and German tanks via the sim's "Quick Mission" function.  Once all work is complete on the game its status will change from early access and can be played as a stand-alone item or integrated with earlier game releases.

Tank Commander Elmer Fudd declared, "one has to play TC 'verwee verwee' carefully." 😃

• Haha 3

On 4/2/2019 at 8:37 AM, photog95661 said:

The game entitled, "Tank Crew – Clash at Prokhorovka" on the IL2 website is listed as an "early access" item.  That means the game is not available at this time.  Purchase of the game as an early access item enables game play of Russian and German tanks via the sim's "Quick Mission" function.  Once all work is complete on the game its status will change from early access and can be played as a stand-alone item or integrated with earlier game releases.

There are also some tank scenarios available under the "Missions" menu

Hello, new to the forum and to the IL series, the Tank Crew game/module has grabbed my interest, a question:

If i dont own any of the IL games, i can purchase the Tank Crew game here: https://il2sturmovik.com/store/tank-crew/

i was wondering being a digital copy which says so on the picture top left, my friend told me that

"if you buy tank crew you get il2 Stalingrad too"

Is this correct?

Does the price reflect that so basically Tank crew is about $20 and the rest is IL Stalingrad which on steam is about $50

so both games are bundled together then i see there is a discount for $10 off.

I believe you will only get Tank Crew.  Please refer to the following statement from the store where one would purchase the sim:

IL-2 Sturmovik: Tank Crew is part of the IL-2 Great Battles series and can be played as a separate stand-alone product or be integrated with other Great Battles titles such as Battle of Stalingrad, Battle of Moscow, Battle of Kuban and Battle of Bodenplatte.

Integration would be possible with prior and/or separate purchases of the four cited titles.

On 4/3/2019 at 3:05 PM, pfrances said:

There are also some tank scenarios available under the "Missions" menu

The mission to secure the train station is actually hard 🤓

• Upvote 1

On 4/8/2019 at 5:18 AM, Gunter_Severloh said:

Hello, new to the forum and to the IL series, the Tank Crew game/module has grabbed my interest, a question:

If i dont own any of the IL games, i can purchase the Tank Crew game here: https://il2sturmovik.com/store/tank-crew/

i was wondering being a digital copy which says so on the picture top left, my friend told me that

"if you buy tank crew you get il2 Stalingrad too"

Is this correct?

Does the price reflect that so basically Tank crew is about $20 and the rest is IL Stalingrad which on steam is about $50

so both games are bundled together then i see there is a discount for $10 off.

I can confirm that you do NOT get BoS. I bought TC first and then the rest later on. With TC you just get the tanks that are out right now (KV-1S, M4, Pz III M, Tiger I) and the Prokhorovka map. You can join online games and gun crew for folks with planes, but you won't have any planes of your own to spawn in.

Tank Crew is currently $70 for 4 tanks and the map and a couple of missions. You'll get the other tanks later, but right now you'd just be supporting the development.

It's also important to note that you cannot currently get TC on Steam (It's complicated, but Steam treats all the games not BoS as DLC for BoS and you can't have early-access DLC on Steam).

• Thanks 1

Cool, ok heres another question, now if buying TC by itself and then BOS later which im thinking of doing, does TC come with access to the editor

where you can build your own missions, or would i need BOS or one of the other IL games to have access to the editor?

Lastly is the Prokhorovka map designed for tanks in terms of foliage, terrain, view distance, graphics ect,.?

i watched a video about TC and i forget what map the guy was talking about but he said all the maps in IL are designed

to be viewed from like 500ft in the air, not from the ground for the sake of the planes, is this true or are the devs going to be

updating and or building a map specific for tanks but still have that quality for planes to admire the view from above?

I am not 100% sure, but, I suspect TC will come with the mission editor.  The last listed entry on the Store page states, "Mission Editor support."  The mission editor comes standard with Battle of Moscow and/or Stalingrad.  The inclusion of the word, "support" is throwing me off a little, however.

As for your question about maps, attached is the map of the particular area involved at maximum elevation.  The black outlined area is the battle area of TC.  The map can be zoomed in as portrayed in the second and third images.  Hopefully, this takes care of your concerns.

Image 1.jpg

Image 2.jpg

Image 3.jpg