13 hours ago, fw190_luftwurgerfan said:

Two Doras from 7/JG26 that would make nice skins. 

IMAG0034 FW-190D-9 Brown_ JG26_LI.jpg

Another Dora from 7/JG26 that would make a great subject for a skin.

Brown 10_7_JG26 _Kagero.jpg

And the  final two Doras for consideration for skins. They would make  a great  skin pack combined with  the Doras in my previous posts.

Focke-Wulf-Fw-190D9-7.JG26-Brown-31-Wlater-Stumpf-Germany-Feb-1945-Eagles-Illustrated-P37 (2)_LI.jpg

IMAG0051 Brown_ 14_JG26_JAPO_LI (2).jpg

I already have a skin pack for all of these and more numbers in work.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

I'm really going deep inside this D9 template, which I will of course release alongside the skin pack. I'm touching every single inch (cm) of it. I just painted the "Barber Poll" port wing antenna. Furthermore the 'camo' layers will be separated by aircraft geometry (i.e. canopy, fuselage, wings, stabs, ect.) to make skinning a whole lot easier for us. I also added editable layers for the Drie Farben Reichsverteidigung and the Zweifarbig Reichsverteidigung Verteidigung Markierungen. All you do is 'Ctrl + Click' the layer icon und start coloring. I'm slowly getting her to lift her skirt for me =o).

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Hi SD,

i am no skinner but your vid was very impressive to watch and to know what skinners are doing!!

Thanks in advance for your research and giving us JG 26 skins.

I love these skins on thee D-9. I have Axel Urbankes book.

Mit FW 190D-9 im Einsatz!! It s afantastic book with facts.

S!

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, VA_SOLIDKREATE said:

Skin Factory is complete. I'll be working on a video to show you all how to use it. The JV44 pin striping was something I really wanted to add. Now you all have it. 

Ver.1 & Ver.2 pin striping.

Capture.thumb.PNG.b518a70386d84ef3e8ace2fc9b0b4f4a.PNGV2.thumb.PNG.a3dba473e54c31390f7ea00ca7610cd1.PNG

Dude! Love it! You made me ink! :blush:

• Haha 1

Focke Wulf Fw-190D-9

Photoshop Skin Factory By: SOLIDKREATE

Download link:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kepGUiRRVS8175Xy3VTJnYfH45f20jbT/view?usp=sharing

VIDEO TUTORIAL: 

d1.jpg.89cee8b64f073aa781e3fbf7ef52d20c.jpg

BUILD SONG

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=EOnSh3QlpbQ&list=RDAMVMEOnSh3QlpbQ

Enjoy my friends

Edited by VA_SOLIDKREATE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
On 9/12/2019 at 7:20 PM, E69_julian57 said:

You're right
I put a lot of dirt on them :biggrin:

rbA84Wh.gif

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with this, I prefer it this way, as is obvious from my own liveries.

People need to remember that while the war drew to a close (44-45) the OPTEMPO actually increased. So less attention was paid in cleaning the birds and more so in maintaining serviceability. They had to weigh priorities, and washing an aircraft just wasn't in the cards given how many sorties the average Luftwaffe aircraft was flying daily.

• Upvote 1
On 9/13/2019 at 2:20 AM, E69_julian57 said:

I put a lot of dirt on them :biggrin:

Never too much dirt 😉

Look at this close up of Theo Nibel's "Black 12" (210019) of 10./JG 54, belly landed in a field at Wemmel (near Brussels) on 01/01/1945 after a...birdstrike. 

Theo_Nibel.thumb.jpg.6a1c4d4752c6a2b59d4548a9506e79b3.jpg

• Like 2
21 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with this, I prefer it this way, as is obvious from my own liveries.

Absolutely. Reminds me of the late 80s (88/89) when we went on a NATO maneuver with our tanks in north-germany (Offenes Visier). What do you think is still visible of the original camo-paintshop after 3 days free roaming through the landscape? Same holds true for planes. You have more important stuff to care about than keeping the machine clean and shiny. It needs to function and that´s it.

On 11/6/2020 at 8:54 PM, E69_julian57 said:

Julian, which book is that from? One of the two Caldwell Dora books? Can you recommend them? I myself have the Smith&Creek Fw-190 series which are great. How do they compare? Appreciate your judgement. Maybe they make a good x-mas gift for myself, if I can convince my better half and head of finance department 😉

9 hours ago, sevenless said:

Absolutely. Reminds me of the late 80s (88/89) when we went on a NATO maneuver with our tanks in north-germany (Offenes Visier). What do you think is still visible of the original camo-paintshop after 3 days free roaming through the landscape? Same holds true for planes. You have more important stuff to care about than keeping the machine clean and shiny. It needs to function and that´s it.

Julian, which book is that from? One of the two Caldwell Dora books? Can you recommend them? I myself have the Smith&Creek Fw-190 series which are great. How do they compare? Appreciate your judgement. Maybe they make a good x-mas gift for myself, if I can convince my better half and head of finance department 😉

Hello @sevenless
The information is kindly provided by @Madcop , and I think this is the book.

20181022-162457.jpg

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, ICDP said:

Yeah, I've seen that one. I had two photos bookmarked at one point that featured the diagonal blade stripes and then deleted the links after I had finished texturing. I really should hang on to that stuff longer as I can't even remember the keywords or what I Googled that initially brought me to them. Ugh...