Motion Support for IL-2

Jason_Williams

Hi Everyone! I have a PT-Actuators 4-DOF+TL Platform (mainly for sim racing), and I wanted to use it for IL-2 sturmovik since I haven't tried yet, but every time SimTools loads it up, it seems like it reads that the program started and the AMC controller says it's receiving the data, but when I got into the plane, nothing moves. Tuning Center doesn't show any values moving at all.

The AASD15a drivers are all on and fine. Simtools has no issue with my sim racing titles ACC, iRacing, RaceRoom, etc., but something is wrong where its not sending the data. I saw a startup.cfg fix someone posted on xsimulator, but that didnt work for me.

Anyone have an idea of what it could be?

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/12/2020 at 12:44 AM, hexpod said:

Dear Jason,

Could you please add just one more variable to the existing ones ?

I have in mind the raw data from the slip  indicator (the small ball).

Thats the only thing which is cruelly missing which could make complete our motion cueing algorithm.

For the moment the data for sway (lateral acceleration) you provided, doesn’t include the flight symmetry which is crucial for a good feel.

Could you please forward my request to Sergey or PM me his contact so I could directly write to him ?

Thank you for your concern,

Best regards - HeXpod.

Actually after a small brain work we got it right and the motion is now very consistent.

I highly recommend Mover software 

https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/flypt-mover.13464/

Edited by hexpod

On 2/20/2020 at 11:24 PM, GunneryAce said:

Hi Everyone! I have a PT-Actuators 4-DOF+TL Platform (mainly for sim racing), and I wanted to use it for IL-2 sturmovik since I haven't tried yet, but every time SimTools loads it up, it seems like it reads that the program started and the AMC controller says it's receiving the data, but when I got into the plane, nothing moves. Tuning Center doesn't show any values moving at all.

The AASD15a drivers are all on and fine. Simtools has no issue with my sim racing titles ACC, iRacing, RaceRoom, etc., but something is wrong where its not sending the data. I saw a startup.cfg fix someone posted on xsimulator, but that didnt work for me.

Anyone have an idea of what it could be?

Really curious how the PT-actuators feel in IL-2. The extra 50mm movement has me leaning towards the PT-actuators vice the SFX-100 for both sim-racing/IL-2.

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, bgt_dept01 said:

Hello,

I would like to ask, does Battle of Stalingrad on Steam support Motion Device?

Thanks.

Yes

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2019 at 12:11 AM, SkydiversElliot-Priski said:

Big props to 1 c game studios for making this happen, this is huge! I bought my DOF P3 motion chair pretty much exclusively for this game a few months ago. Now finally SRS Studio has released an update to support it!

I have been playing around for quite a while with a Valve Index headset and warthog hotas and I have a question and also tips.

First of all tips. I thought at first that the forces felt when turning were a little off. I thought a bit about how to solve this, and read a like mind who had the same idea on these forums. French fly advised doing to complete opposite with the chair as the plane.

Aka roll/bank to the left, the chair should move to the right. This really works, and for those using SRS studio just set sway to 20 and put roll to 0. Maybe this only works in VR, but the effect is fantastic. You bank left, your body feels the force as your legs and head etc move right (caused in reality by gravity as your chair is banking right). This ups the realism by 10x

I have included an image of my saved settings in SRS as I find them an order of magnitude better than the default settings.

Now for my question... for those kind enough to answer.

When I do any action in the game (bank etc) it takes about 0.8 seconds roughly for my chair to move. This does not affect other games with my software and chair. This lowers immersion. Is this something to do with IL2, my computer or SRS studio? Does anyone else have this issue in SRS or other software?

Thank you again to the devs, for all your amazing work with this game... really loving the series and love the extra mile you guys are going for us 'hardcore' folk 🙂

Sway.PNG

Did you solve the delay issue? I'm considering a H3/P3 so would be interesting to know if this is solved today, a year later.

AlphaRayTheReal
On 3/23/2019 at 12:26 AM, Jason_Williams said:

Friends,

We have added basic support for motion simulators, but we do not have a rig in our offices and it is virtually impossible to send one to our offices. However, if someone would like to make a SimTools plugin for IL-2 and has a motion setup, here is a document that explains how we output the data. We have no experience with SimTools or any other motion platform nor do we have the time to build support for every proprietary system, but this data should prove usable by either hobbyists or manufacturers with the help of a SimTools plugin. 

Il2_MotionOutput.zip 153.67 kB · 237 downloads

If you have the skills to work with our data output and build a plugin or in some way get it to work with your motion rig, feel free to post your results. 

Jason

Is somewhere an actual version of this document?  It seems that the protocol has been extended for shakers as i read.