Sign in to follow this  
=GM=GJL2

Anyone get a terrible fps drop somewhere over the small village on tank map?

Tried a fly over MP JG5 server's tank map, did anyone get a terrible fps drop somewhere when flying over the small village on this map?very terrible... only 10-20fps...1070ti 9700K with 1080p screen.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Do you mean when sitting in a tank - or are you talking about when flying a aircraft? I have serious stutter when flying

over villages and cities on that map only.

Seeing your system specs, I really have some doubts about this new map technique and I'm very concerned about

the Bodenplatte map, which will be by far the richest map in IL-2 Great Battles. :(

It's a Tank map and it's Early Access.

Really wondering what exactly you're complaining about.

If it works at all, and if it's playable with Tanks then I would say it does what it's supposed to.

:drinks:

Mike

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

Do you mean when sitting in a tank - or are you talking about when flying a aircraft? I have serious stutter when flying

Seeing your system specs, I really have some doubts about this new map technique and I'm very concerned about

the Bodenplatte map, which will be by far the richest map in IL-2 Great Battles. :(

Flying an aircraft at low altitude over the small village, very very unstable performance...

8 hours ago, SAS_Storebror said:

It's a Tank map and it's Early Access.

Really wondering what exactly you're complaining about.

If it works at all, and if it's playable with Tanks then I would say it does what it's supposed to.

:drinks:

Mike

Yep it's a Tank map, but now our group training server has already taken this map as aircombat training as well. 

Edited by =GM=GJL2

40 minutes ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

Its a map specifically updated for tank combat.

The devs have been nice enough to allow us to fly in them but that's not their main aim afaik.

The bodenplatte map will not be up to the same fidelity as the tanker map so dont worry about it. It should perform around the same as Kuban mostly.

12 minutes ago, III./JG5_seaflanker819 said:

Tell me the precise point, I'll test and tell our map maker.

They may be refering to that town in Belgorod. Even flying over it reduces fps drastically.

Posted (edited)

Yep, had it yesterday, when attacking an airfield with my Sherman.

Edited by Yankee_One

I noticed some FPS hits over the special 20km x 20km section, down from 60 to 45/50 at times, and also some obvious stuttering. But I was flying the Dora. In a slow mover it's less noticeable and in other parts of the map it's fine in any plane.

There is a drop in the tank too, nothing that impacts the gameplay but it drops in the villages.