SCG_motoadve

Cannot add an axes or button to 109 water radiator

Posted (edited)

I try axes, and buttons on several joysticks, they show in game, but when I press it nothing happens.

Bug or my system? If so any ideas what is going on?

This is for the 109 E7

Edited by II./JG77_motoadve

I too am having this problem. Just got new comp with new Rift S. I need these damn old siatek/Logitech Quadrants to work.

Has ANYONE got an idea for the issue of programming axis oil/water radiators?

No issues here.

3 hours ago, Fang333333 said:

I too am having this problem. Just got new comp with new Rift S. I need these damn old siatek/Logitech Quadrants to work.

Has ANYONE got an idea for the issue of programming axis oil/water radiators?

Maybe try ensuring that startup.cfg (and possibly other files as well) are not set to "Read Only" as I discovered a similar issue recently while reassigning 'adjustable stabilizer trim axis' for some testing.

20 hours ago, Niner said:

Maybe try ensuring that startup.cfg (and possibly other files as well) are not set to "Read Only" as I discovered a similar issue recently while reassigning 'adjustable stabilizer trim axis' for some testing. 

Hmm weird suggestion and totally out of the box!

I like it!

Sadly, I did check and it is not marked "read only". I'm really pulling out my hair here. I am in the 109 F-4 and None of my axis besides the throttle work. Even stranger is that I go to the set parameters and deadzones under settings and sometimes mixter, radiator's show movement. Sometimes they do not. 

It's crazy how hard this is and yet in my recently purchased Aerofly Fs-2, there are no problems doing whatever config I want.

I have 2 Saiteks and one Logitech quadrant and all of the axis are useless except of the throttle.

Suggestions, would be great.

thanks 

21 hours ago, Fang333333 said:

Hmm weird suggestion and totally out of the box!

I like it!

Sadly, I did check and it is not marked "read only". I'm really pulling out my hair here. I am in the 109 F-4 and None of my axis besides the throttle work. Even stranger is that I go to the set parameters and deadzones under settings and sometimes mixter, radiator's show movement. Sometimes they do not. 

It's crazy how hard this is and yet in my recently purchased Aerofly Fs-2, there are no problems doing whatever config I want.

I have 2 Saiteks and one Logitech quadrant and all of the axis are useless except of the throttle.

Suggestions, would be great.

thanks 

Perhaps a silly question... but did you switch to "manual radiator control" prior to using the axis control?

Or is this a general issue affecting all planes, not just the 109?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Letka_13/Robo said:

Perhaps a silly question... but did you switch to "manual radiator control" prior to using the axis control?

Or is this a general issue affecting all planes, not just the 109?

Yes of course and other aircraft are affected.  I have not made note of other planes  though, perhaps some are working. 

I have really discovered some REAL quirks here. For example Il-2 REFUSES to let a joystick control axis in the 109 even assigning joystick buttons to the axis.

For example, if I give up on the axis, and try to use the buttons underneath the lever, the sim IGNORES the commands. So in one box I have (shift = )(Shift -) assigned. the next box shows the Joystick BUTTONS assigned for said axis (button 1) (Button 2). Go in the sim, radiators do not work. Press the same command on the keyboard and Radiator adjusts.  

No amount of combos allow the joystick button to be recognized as being pressed. Whether I assign only the axis control to Button 1 and 2 or if it is assigned as a combo with the keyboard commands. 

Drivers Old and New. Various setups. Various

Only an outside keyboard emulator can make the sim recognize the KEY press on the joystick. NO axis. Even that little bit took fooling the sim into recognizing both the Windows driver AND Logitechs Key emulating simultaneously 

It is as if Il-2 literally has code written in it to make sure you cannot use throttle quadrant commands for anything outside of the throttle.

Nope i have by BF109 BDF110 Rads on X55 throttle toggle switches. 

The game is setup pretty simple Afaik..
If there are switches in the plane IRL and not wheels or scrolls Then its must be the same for use so they cannot be Dial or Axis on your controller. 
If they are Axis or wheels in the plane to control rads IRL then you can (like cowl shutters for 88, oil rads, water rads for 111) map them to an axis. 

21 hours ago, Fang333333 said:

Yes of course and other aircraft are affected.  I have not made note of other planes  though, perhaps some are working. 

I have really discovered some REAL quirks here. For example Il-2 REFUSES to let a joystick control axis in the 109 even assigning joystick buttons to the axis.

For example, if I give up on the axis, and try to use the buttons underneath the lever, the sim IGNORES the commands. So in one box I have (shift = )(Shift -) assigned. the next box shows the Joystick BUTTONS assigned for said axis (button 1) (Button 2). Go in the sim, radiators do not work. Press the same command on the keyboard and Radiator adjusts.  

No amount of combos allow the joystick button to be recognized as being pressed. Whether I assign only the axis control to Button 1 and 2 or if it is assigned as a combo with the keyboard commands. 

Drivers Old and New. Various setups. Various

Only an outside keyboard emulator can make the sim recognize the KEY press on the joystick. NO axis. Even that little bit took fooling the sim into recognizing both the Windows driver AND Logitechs Key emulating simultaneously 

It is as if Il-2 literally has code written in it to make sure you cannot use throttle quadrant commands for anything outside of the throttle.

I don't have any problem setting up button commands on throttle quadrants, either axes or buttons, but I haven't flown the E-7 since the update. Weirdly, my Push-to-talk keybind changed for Discord after the update and I have no idea why.

Here's a weird question...did you guys delete your updates folder during the last update? I wonder if in your difficulty settings it has reverted to be auto radiator or auto engine management, so that the game is just not registering your commands. Worth checking, anyway.

your personal difficulty settings are only for offline SP..

Server have things preset. 

some planes simply cannot be mapped to an axis but only a button for things that are in steps and not variable.
if the item say goes 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% (like oil shutter, it must be mapped to a button or switch and not an Axis)