Has anyone been having troubles with the sound since the update this Monday? For me certain sounds frequently cut in and out no matter what I do. This issue isn't just limited to the new map, aircraft or tanks either. Needless to say its somewhat irritating. Does anyone else who has this issue know of a fix or is it something that the Devs will be having to do a hotfix for?

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Yup , i do ...

loads of strange things with  sounds .

Some exemples : A20 sound is sometimes cutting off when i open the bomb bay door ..and sometimes it's coming back when i close it ...or not .

Sound of engines still there when i cut them off , the sound is "on iddle" ; restarting the engines and the sound will remain "on  iddle" even if i push the throttle forward ... killng engines by overreving both of them and ....

"The sound remains the same " earing engines on iddle .

Must be kinda "Led Zep bug" 😄

With the Il2 sound can stay on iddle ...no matter what i do ...not everytime , sometimes only and i really dont know why , sometimes as in the A20 sounds remains  on iddle even if i shut the engine off ...and even funnier , if i press escape going back to the game menu the engine sound is still there ...^^...

In tank , only tested with the T34 though , firing a shell  can make the sound disappear  or not , firing an other one can make it reappear ...or not ; firing with the mg is doing the same ...

I ve experienced those bugs online on at least two different servers , and offline in qmb ...

Other guys of my team also encountering those type of bugs .

I ve totally reinstalled my game yesterday evening , will test this evening to see if it changes something ...or not ...

I' m sure it will be addressed in an upcoming hotfix , i think devs knows the problem and are working to adress it asap .

So ..."You are not alone " ... in this ...musical bug ... 

Edited by 13Nrv
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Also some static ground vehicles and static aircraft have become indestructible in multiplayer. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Edited by newbravado
clarity
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, newbravado said:

Also some static ground vehicles and static aircraft have become indestructible in multiplayer. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Because they changed the durability system. Missions need to be updated.

For me, radio calls have pauses in them, like "Hier ist Vulkan.................................................................. blah blah blah".

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

For me, radio calls have pauses in them, like "Hier ist Vulkan.................................................................. blah blah blah".

That is what I experience, also.

The radio chatter, even with the English translation mod, is broken up.

• Upvote 1

Same here - engine sound (tank & plane, own vehicle and others) often missing. Can't find any obvious pattern, except some environment noises seems to be more robust. Maybe because those are freshly generated in certain situations, switched "on" occasionally, so to say.

I've encountered similar sound bug, too. It's like suddenly in midflight some frequencies disappear from guns or engine sounds. If you press the trigger you cannot hear the sound or it is very distant, and engine sounds become sort of "muffled".

Noticed this in Berloga and WOL servers. I don't recall encountering this in SP or other servers. And I am pretty sure its been on before the latest patch.

• Upvote 3

Happened to me too on WOL this evening.

During a dogfight I suddenly lost guns sound and low power engine sounds. 109 G2.

First time that's ever happened

:salute:

I'm having issues with sounds that don,t stop. Like the sound of the machine gun,  just keeps going on and on. Only way to get it to stop is to exit the game.

Just noticed it tonight flying DVIIF, but it's happend twice.

I've had the continuous machine gun sound from the Pfalz, and if you record a track, the planes are jerking backwards and forwards, unwatchable unless you use F3

I also get missing layers from Alt F2 cameras making them unusable

and finally, although the sound is set at 100%, I only get around 20% sound making comms unusable as I have to use the tv sound at max to hear the planes engine

Sound is dropping of and on, Especially engine sounds in a plane on the new tank map,

Posted (edited)

I' ve reinstalled my game  ... at least on the Il2 , i ve no more problems with sounds , and no more with the T34 ...tested offline on Qmb , and  online  only on one server ... i' ve played 1h45/2h00 ... will tell here if i still encounter problems on other planes /server/maps etc etc ... tested only on prokhorovka map online and kuban offline ...

Edited by 13Nrv

Posted (edited)

The sound issues are still present they just seem to appear randomly and seemed to happen more often on Prokorovka for me but also on other maps (had it on Berloga Stalingrad map) even tho they remain rather rare.

That and the orange flashing smoke, dissapearing contrails depending on the angle of view and other visual glitches (smoke floating in the sky, tracers coming out of nowhere etc) that just appeared or reappeared clearly made the game a bit less enjoyable.

I'm certain that reinstalling doesn't fix anything and others I fly with or know from the forums have had all the said issues, all we can do now is put our faith in the devs who hopefully will manage to fix that.

I'm afraid that the tester are not thorough enough in their testing when I see the state in which Prokorovka came out (trees and textures popping in and out of render when flying low above the "detailed" area).

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

Sounds dropping out - most noticeably the engine, requiring a restart.

I had no engine sound today. I heard every planes sound, but not mine. Had to restart the game to "fix" it.

Well I’m glad it’s not just me 😁 Hopefully it’ll be fixed sometime soon, considering the devs only one hot-fix suggests to me that they’ll be fixing it in a bigger update (perhaps with more content too?) Either way it’s not game-breaking so I guess it’s not too major an issue...

Just now, willb0408 said:

Well I’m glad it’s not just me 😁 Hopefully it’ll be fixed sometime soon, considering the devs only one hot-fix suggests to me that they’ll be fixing it in a bigger update (perhaps with more content too?) Either way it’s not game-breaking so I guess it’s not too major an issue...

Please explain how a glitch that requires you to restart the game is not game breaking? Because Id say that not having any sound or just an annoying metal rattling one and wasting several minutes each time it happens just to fix it is pretty "game breaking" in my book.

No need to encourage the devs to ignore this issue which appeared months ago by stating nonsense like "it’s not too major an issue"

Would be interesting to know if this also happens in single player and if there's anyone who couldn't fix it by reinstalling.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt said:

Would be interesting to know if this also happens in single player and if there's anyone who couldn't fix it by reinstalling.

It happens in single player too,  that’s where I discovered this bug. I would try and reinstall but seeing as my internet is not great so I don’t want to risk it.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

I had this bug and the floating cockpit in VR in Quick Mission and Scripted Campaigns. After attempting every settings tweak I could think of went for full delete and reinstall. Went so far as to delete and reinstall Steam, Windows Mixed Reality for Steam and the WMR program itself.

The sound problem of broken radio chatter and engine noise fluctuation remains in Quick Mission and Scripted Campaigns.

I keep getting missing game sounds after about 2 hrs flying. Today it happened earlier, after about 1.5 hrs on WOL server. It seems to happen on either side.

The sounds start acting buggy, cutting out, getting muffled. Then all sounds diminish or mute entirely while throttles advanced, and sometimes come back when throttles at idle, and sometimes not.

Only thing to do is restart game and reconnect. Then its usually good for another hour or two.

Hi all, we have a problem whith support FMOD
There are several recommendations:
Before entering the server -  re-enter the game.
Fly on one type of aircraft, there is a need to change the plane to another model  - it is better to restart game. 
This reduce the chance of sound loss

Same here, been having this issue regularly and very often while flying the yak-7b. I hope there will be a real solution soon.