Thad

BTL Tigers At the Gates Of Zarubovka

As mentioned I really appreciate this mission & the work went into it. I also like some of the suggestions made that might be implemented to fine tune it.

I’ve only driven this once but I do have a few questions, not so much about the planning of this mission,but the way the game engine works,I guess. First I noticed that most if not all of my schwerpunkt fellow tanks seem to disappear when they reach the river, so far as I could tell none of the panzers cross before or after I arrive at this bridge. I think or I’d like the PziVs or IIIs to cross before me, to establish a sort of bridgehead.This would be really important if bridge defense was to become more robust ( read anti-tank guns or T-34s as suggested ...) interestingly enough I took a sort break at the bridge and went the the “Stuka view”,i.e. the Ju-87 circling overhead and noticed another bridge ( upstream?Downstream?)and a German tank approaching it.It turned out this was a suspension bridge & the tank was a PzIV. I had to get back to my Tiger and never found out what happened to this “prong” of the attack,presumably it disappeared at some point? 

At any rate this mission begins to point at what the full Tank Crew might be capable of...its potential, and it looks fun indeed ....as long as you are a Tiger crew!

11 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

As mentioned I really appreciate this mission & the work went into it. I also like some of the suggestions made that might be implemented to fine tune it.

I’ve only driven this once but I do have a few questions, not so much about the planning of this mission,but the way the game engine works,I guess. First I noticed that most if not all of my schwerpunkt fellow tanks seem to disappear when they reach the river, so far as I could tell none of the panzers cross before or after I arrive at this bridge. I think or I’d like the PziVs or IIIs to cross before me, to establish a sort of bridgehead.This would be really important if bridge defense was to become more robust ( read anti-tank guns or T-34s as suggested ...) interestingly enough I took a sort break at the bridge and went the the “Stuka view”,i.e. the Ju-87 circling overhead and noticed another bridge ( upstream?Downstream?)and a German tank approaching it.It turned out this was a suspension bridge & the tank was a PzIV. I had to get back to my Tiger and never found out what happened to this “prong” of the attack,presumably it disappeared at some point? 

At any rate this mission begins to point at what the full Tank Crew might be capable of...its potential, and it looks fun indeed ....as long as you are a Tiger crew!

Thanks for the comments. :salute:

In my testing, many German tanks cross the river. Accomplishing this was somewhat like herding cats. In my testing many will or should cross the bridge to help take the town. The only way to get them to cross before you is to lay back and wait for them to come up.

Note: Another player reported being pleasantly surprised by seeing other German tanks crossing the bridge.

In the next iteration of this mission, the bridge defense will be a bit stronger. I will also be adding a flight of Russian air support. Type undetermined as of yet.

There are actually two battles taking place. See Map. You, the player are in the Southern Battle Group, which you lead. The Northern Battle Group (AI only) is tasked with taking the town of Spas to the north. You should have gotten a notification about its' capture by this Northern BG.

• Like 1

Update: I just played through the mission and seven (7) German tanks drove across the bridge and into the town. :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Great mission really enjoyed it well done Thad great job

• Upvote 1

I didn't see any tanks crossing the bridge Thad, but i was ahead of everyone as you can see from the mini map in my pics.

I got the notification that Spas had been captured.

Also got one to say that a tank in my battle group had been taken out.

I was already in the town by then, so i guess it was one at the bridge.

Really looking forward to the update buddy.

Thank you again.

Mike.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Yes, it takes the bulk of your Battle Group some time get to the bridge and cross.

You can't blame them for being cautious though... they are not in Tigers after all. 🌝

I think I will definitely make it a bit more risky for your lone Tiger to rush in ahead of all of his forces. So beware in future mission updates.  😀

Edited by Thad

I am not sure how i got ahead of everyone buddy. i was at the back when the mission started, everyone rushed ahead of me.

But somehow i crossed the river with none of my comrades anywhere in sight. 😄

As i said in my post with the piccies. I am not very good at these games, things just seem to happen. 🙄

After that warning Thad, in future i will be advancing behind any other friendly tank i can latch on to 😄

I hope the developers add support infantry to TC eventually. With the aircraft element included, it has the makings of a good combined arms sim.

Mike.

Yes, the other tanks in the attack column will cross the bridge although not immediately.  Here is a screen print from one of my plays......

2019_4_20__4_8_59.thumb.jpg.d5b42f75c7a521cd744c11a8935928d2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Donkey Shane’s Thad, most immersive and enjoyable tank mission I have played.

• Upvote 1

Thanks. I am gratified that you enjoyed it. :salute:

Thx for your mission!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I really enjoyed the mission. Thank you very much, Thad. I hope you would find the time to make a Sherman mission sometime in the future. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BP_Lizard said:

I really enjoyed the mission. Thank you very much, Thad. I hope you would find the time to make a Sherman mission sometime in the future. 

Thanks, your are welcome. It is always gratifying to get positive feedback on ones missions.

It has entered my devious little mind to have a follow-up mission after the loss of Zarubovka from the Russian side with the Sherman. I'll see. :salute:

I still intend to adjust the current Tiger mission a bit first.

Edited by Thad

I wanted to also remind everyone that jade Monkey has revised several of his Tank Missions & modified one to include Tiger attack in winter.You might consider trying it as well.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Blitzen said:

I wanted to also remind everyone that jade Monkey has revised several of his Tank Missions & modified one to include Tiger attack in winter.You might consider trying it as well.

Yeah. @Jade_Monkey is another one who makes awesome tank missions on top of his equally superb a/c offerings.

1 hour ago, SchleiferGER said:

Nice mission you built. I  like it.

There seem to be some minor problems with the vehicles crossing the bridge.

20190421101713_1.thumb.jpg.52b05954e95715df26a7f80851964cab.jpg

20190421101749_1.thumb.jpg.346f7910356a75a03065d36bf28eac32.jpg

The Germans had Jesus tanks, didn't you know?

Edited by BP_Lizard
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The games AI sometimes does some weird stuff. 😐

Too easy is OK, wierd AI is OK too!

I really want to have a go at it . . . but I don't see the download link. Are you tweaking?

The link is about half way down the first page. Good luck.

I am working on a update but it isn't ready yet.

• Like 1

I had allot of fun playing this mission. Great job on this.

• Upvote 1

Thanks. I'm almost finished with a updated version of this mission. It will have added media voice files, upgraded German tanks, added aircraft for both sides and special encounters possible for the Tiger.

I'm going to make a PzIII-m based version of this mission. It will be slightly modified to challenge the PzIII-m. :salute:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Perfect music for the sound track: