Thad

BTL Tigers At the Gates Of Zarubovka

Posted (edited)

UPCOMING TANK MISSION! 

Non-Historical Single Player Set Piece Mission

PLAYER: German Tiger

MAP: Lapino

MISSION: Capture the town of Zarubovka .

Time: 09:15
Date: 25th September 1942
WEATHER: Clear

MAIN OBJECTIVE: Destroy Russian forces and Capture the Towns of Spas and Zarubovka

SITUATION: In the pre-dawn the fatherlands elite paratroop forces captured or overrun the towns of Volnoye, Orehovka, Snegiry, and Rodnik. Most importantly, they captured the airfield at Rodnik. The operation was an outstanding success with limited casualties. The weather has cleared and enemy forces have scattered to the east and towards the towns of Spas and Zarubovka.

High Command is delighted with the turn of events and has ordered you to quickly gather your forces and take advantage of the situation to capture Spas and more importantly Zarubovka with its train depot and supplies.

RE-ENFORCEMENTS: All available ground and air forces shall be directed to move in support of your efforts.

Tiger.thumb.PNG.860b1851628a45bcb350a1c0dd0329fe.PNG

A Mission by: wdboyd

NOTE: About 75% complete! Commanders, stay near your enigma machine for updates.

Edited by Thad
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Thad said:

UPCOMING TANK MISSION! 

Non-Historical Single Player Set Piece Mission

PLAYER: German Tiger

MISSION: Capture the town of Zarubovka .

Time: 09:15
Date: 25th September 1942
WEATHER: Clear

MAIN OBJECTIVE: Destroy Russian forces and Capture the Towns of Spas and Zarubovka

SITUATION: In the pre-dawn the fatherlands elite paratroop forces captured or overrun the towns of Volnoye, Orehovka, Snegiry, and Rodnik. Most importantly, they captured the airfield at Rodnik. The operation was an outstanding success with limited casualties. The weather has cleared and enemy forces have scattered to the east and towards the towns of Spas and Zarubovka.

High Command is delighted with the turn of events and has ordered you to quickly gather your forces and take advantage of the situation to capture Spas and more importantly Zarubovka with its train depot and supplies.

RE-ENFORCEMENTS: All available ground and air forces shall be directed to move in support of your efforts.

A Mission by: wdboyd

NOTE: Preliminary work has just begun on this mission. Commanders, stay near your enigma machine for updates.

Will you be using any AI KV-1s? :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Salutations,

I will be putting in a LOT of hours into this mission. I try to create quality and challenging missions that are also fun. To approximate this takes time. Not only time to put together the basic mission but the time required to 'play test' everything in the mission to ensure it plays out as intended.

I promise to get the mission onto the battlefield as quickly as possible but remember, quality takes time. :salute:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you Thad!

I love single player missions. There arent too many out there and every missions is welcome!

S!

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 5:26 PM, Thad said:

UPDATE!

Tiger Mission Update!

I am about 75% through with this mission. Playtesting currently. 

You shall be commanding the southern Battle Group, shown below, to take Zarbovka.

Tiger.PNG

Edited by Thad
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Nearly. I put a few hours into it yesterday. 

I'm working on the final stages of the assault on Zarbovka. I want it tough but not overwhelming.  Still tweaking.

I have to add a couple AI air flights too. I still haven't added any voiceover files.

I do them last because one can't increase the speed of play for play testing after such an audio file plays. :coffee:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

☹️ Sorry. Not yet. Working on final details. Perhaps tomorrow sometime.

Sometimes it sucks to be a perfectionist type. Things are seldom as good as desired.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Salutations Tankers

Attached below is my newest Tank Crew Single Player Mission.

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 2:24 PM, Thad said:

You shall be commanding the southern Battle Group, shown below, to take Zarbovka.

Tiger.PNG

Please consider this a alpha version. There are still some things I desired to do with it but one has to let go sooner or later.

You shall be commanding the Southern Battle Group, shown above, to take Zarbovka.

Please report any problems with the mission.

Please report if you find the mission too hard or too easy. (I can change that 😀)

There are actually two battles taking place during this mission. I trust it won't tax your computer systems too much.

Place the included Mission Files and the Audio folder in your games Missions folder. Good luck. 

BTL Tiger At The Gate.zip

Edited by Thad
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks and appreciation Thad, i will give it a run tomorrow (nearly midnight here).

Thanks for sharing.

Mike.

• Upvote 1