The D9, it does everything I wish the other fw190s did. Im still kinda a newer pilot and all but after flying it like 4 times today I already love it better than the other variants. Especially loving the gyro sight Ive been learning to use them lately. Looking forward for the p51 also.

• Like 5

Same here. Crossing my fingers PWCG gets it soon; I really want to play it beyond QMBs so I could intercept bomber formations with the 24 R4M Orkans. Those rockets are so satisfying once they connect with a bomber...

Or U-2VS . 😂

• Haha 2

The D9 is EZ-mode 😉 I almost feel bad flying it.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying it's inaccurate. It's pretty much what I'd expect from it, it's just really, really good. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I like it better just because its more manueverable honestly. But not as light feeling as the k4. I pit the k4 and a8 against eachother alot to see which axis plane I want and they both have had there pros and cons ove flown this thing like 4 times. And its like a hybrid of boths best traits. Allied side i keep playing with the p47 and spitfire and have a simular thing going.

2 hours ago, Finkeren said:

Just to be clear, I'm not saying it's inaccurate. It's pretty much what I'd expect from it, it's just really, really good. 

I think you mean EZ-42 mode!

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, MarderIV said:

Same here. Crossing my fingers PWCG gets it soon; I really want to play it beyond QMBs so I could intercept bomber formations with the 24 R4M Orkans. Those rockets are so satisfying once they connect with a bomber...

Or U-2VS . 😂

What?! Those rockets are made for bomber formations? No wonder I couldn't hit anything on the ground with them. hahaha. It was like shooting a sawn off shotgun.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Finkeren said:

then Mustang or Tempest will be Super EZ mode I guess

5 hours ago, Finkeren said:

I definitely think it has weaknesses that can be exploited. The very sudden stall and slow throttle response make it weak if it suddenly has to defend itself from a higher energy state foe. In an isolated dogfight where you know what you're facing it can use its speed very well, yes, but on the battlefield will be a different story

That said, weaknesses make planes interesting and fun to fly, its not a complaint

Edited by =621=Samikatz
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, MarderIV said:

Or U-2VS . 😂

I believe that Pat said that he is working on a D9 campaign and might have it ready this weekend.

• Like 1

dont want to start a new thread so gonna just echo along! The Dora is AMAZING. Tho the cockpit looks a bit weird with the cheap plywood panel and missing ammo counters the whole thing feels so damn good to fly! also its graphical fidelity is outstanding... Might be even setting a new standard? So Happy right now 😄 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
8 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Like all FWs, don't get into a turning fight with the thing.  A Spit IX will eat you for breakfast if you decide to turn with it.

Well a Spitfire IX will eat pretty muc anything in a turn fight, so that isn't saying much :P

On 3/20/2019 at 10:53 AM, BlitzPig_EL said:

Like all FWs, don't get into a turning fight with the thing.  A Spit IX will eat you for breakfast if you decide to turn with it.

This is how a lot of FW drivers get killed on Berloga. They start turning to get kills and then get wrecked by some maniac in a Spit V or I-16.
/when I'm lucky, I get to be the guy in the I-16. My K/D ratio is crap but I have a good time.

• Like 2
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 5:16 AM, Gamington said:

The D9, it does everything I wish the other fw190s did. Im still kinda a newer pilot and all but after flying it like 4 times today I already love it better than the other variants. Especially loving the gyro sight Ive been learning to use them lately. Looking forward for the p51 also.

YES! It is a great plane and I think 1C/777 did a great job on the modell. Whish we also would get a taste of the TA-152 H0/H1 which was something of a very late successor for high altitude duty.

https://airandspace.si.edu/collection-objects/focke-wulf-ta-152-h-0r11

Edited by sevenless
  • Upvote 2

The H-0 didn't have MW-50 and would probably be eaten alive on most servers.

The H-1 did have it, but it seems they had problems with the Jumo's third supercharger stage up high.

I wouldn't expect it to be an acemaker against 150 octane allied birds at low to medium altitudes (where most of it's service life was spent) and the Griffon Spits - should one ever come - were relatively competitive at higher altitudes.

The Dora will be slightly better than the P-51D up to 15000ft, will be equal to it up to 20000ft and the Mustang will be better above 20000ft (markedly so above 25000ft).

The Dora will not be the server winning-überplane anymore once the other late-war allied fighters arrive.

Edited by Bremspropeller
On 3/20/2019 at 12:56 PM, JonRedcorn said:

What?! Those rockets are made for bomber formations? No wonder I couldn't hit anything on the ground with them. hahaha. It was like shooting a sawn off shotgun.

Wasn't there a ground variant as well, with Panzerschrek-like warheads? Maybe it's a modification in the menu? 🤔

32 minutes ago, kissklas said:

Wasn't there a ground variant as well, with Panzerschrek-like warheads? Maybe it's a modification in the menu? 🤔

I only see the one selection for the rockets. Still have yet to try them out on bombers, but they are certainly quite inaccurate.

4 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

The R4M Orkan (Hurricane) came in two versions, one for anti air use and one for ground attack... 

The ground-attack version was the Panzerblitz II and III.

No PB II/III units were operational, though.

9 hours ago, CrazyDuck said:

We have them both. Air to air version is available on 190 D9, antitank version on 190 A8 (F8).

The Panzerblitz I rockets have nothing in common with the Panzerblitz II and III / R4m rockets - they are an entirely different kind of rocket.

The PB III would have a higher dv and a better (flatter) trajectory, making aiming easier.

On 3/23/2019 at 2:07 AM, sevenless said:

YES! It is a great plane and I think 1C/777 did a great job on the modell. Whish we also would get a taste of the TA-152 H0/H1 which was something of a very late successor for high altitude duty.

https://airandspace.si.edu/collection-objects/focke-wulf-ta-152-h-0r11

Same here, but not before we get the Spitfire Mk.XIV :)

• Like 1
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 6:22 PM, E4GLEyE said:

dont want to start a new thread so gonna just echo along! The Dora is AMAZING. Tho the cockpit looks a bit weird with the cheap plywood panel and missing ammo counters the whole thing feels so damn good to fly! also its graphical fidelity is outstanding... Might be even setting a new standard? So Happy right now 😄 

It's the flavor of the month. 🌝

On 3/24/2019 at 2:31 AM, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

The anti tank rockets in the A-8 are based on the Russian RS-82 rocket though.

22 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

The Panzerblitz I rockets have nothing in common with the Panzerblitz II and III / R4m rockets - they are an entirely different kind of rocket.

The PB III would have a higher dv and a better (flatter) trajectory, making aiming easier.

Of course you are right gents, thanks for correction. I lived under impression that one of the rocket loadouts on A8 is actually an R4M in antitank version.

Edited by CrazyDuck
  • Like 1