dburne

Reverb - new offering from HP

From what I have seen its not a safety feature, there have been production quality issues with the screens. I imagine they are recalling because they are not happy with the quality they put out. 

I assume they're fixing the Mura on screens. Somewhere in the process diagramme someone forgot to insert "calibrate displays properly duh!". Heads will roll.

P.S. HP Revert is its new nickname, so I've read 😏

• Haha 2

I got mail by the dutch online shop that HP Europe said there is no problem with the release in Europe. There were just a few problems with some units in USA.

I am waiting what to happen, maybe I will get one soon.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 5/14/2019 at 8:30 PM, Alonzo said:

Eek. Something that you strap to your head and position close to your eyes having a safety flaw? That could be really bad.

Safety flaw? Where did you read that? All I could find was the fact that there is a recall.

I would imagine it's about mending one of the reported issues. So most likely a visual flaw. One of the reviewers reported a green tint that apperantly disappeared over time, then there is always the mura though not everyone has reacted too badly to that.

On 14. 5. 2019 at 19:15, spitfirejoe said:

"1 jaar beperkte garantie" v holandský v anglickom jazyku znamená "1 rok obmedzená záruka"

Znamená to, že záruka 1 rok namiesto 2 rokov, ktorý by bol štandard v Európe

Ďakujeme za zaslanie info meškanie !!! 

Som smutný, kto sa dozvie o také meškanie, teraz nemáme žiadnu dátum vydania a nevie, čo sa bude diať.

Len som zrušil svoju predobjednávku a dúfam, že dostane svoje peniaze späť.

Dôsledkom je, že budem používať svoj Odyssey Plus dlhšia.

Thanks for the explanation. I guess I'm still staying at Rift. I disturbed Pimax, still lucky it was through PayPal, but it was still a problem to return the money. Good luck.

There's loads of smokebombs being thrown.

The headset's display may be such a long way above its competition, that it'll attract a lot of that in the near future. There's already 1 star reviews being released on Amazon, I've flagged several. It's a place for reviews on the product once tested.

Instead, this reminds me of the console wars 20 years ago. I was 13 at the time, and if you had a Nintendo, you'd stick with Nintendo guys and hate the Playstation. The animal kingdom is a peculiar one.

32 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Instead, this reminds me of the console wars 20 years ago. I was 13 at the time, and if you had a Nintendo, you'd stick with Nintendo guys and hate the Playstation. The animal kingdom is a peculiar one.

Tell me about it. I won't be brand loyal here. And I'd rather buy content supported by the as many headsets as possible on more open platform, than on say microsoft store or oculus. Loyal followers isolated on proprietary systems is not the way.

• Upvote 1

Well, I noticed Bestbuy has pulled it completely from their website.  the "not in stock" button was gone last week and now the headset itself....whatever that means.

40 minutes ago, TunaEatsLion said:

Well, I noticed Bestbuy has pulled it completely from their website.  the "not in stock" button was gone last week and now the headset itself....whatever that means.

Reverb headset available on Amazon for $600. As I only use my HMD for IL2 I've never had the need for controllers.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R768KJP/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

• Like 2

Seems like a lot of people throwing their frocks over their heads for no reason ! I will still get it around the time I expected it and glad it's not a show stopper ! clarity wise for VR and flight sims it's too good to miss out on I believe  🍻

• Like 2

Can someone explain something please!?

Why is it that the REVERB delivers a resolution of 1609x1576 in SteamVR when you set SS to 100%??? Why not the native resolution of 2160x2160.

Thanks!

On 5/18/2019 at 12:52 PM, spitfirejoe said:

Can someone explain something please!?

Why is it that the REVERB delivers a resolution of 1609x1576 in SteamVR when you set SS to 100%??? Why not the native resolution of 2160x2160.

All the VR devices to date (Vive, Rift, Vivepro, WMR, Odyssey, pimax) apply an internal SS ratio to the physical display. It varies from 1.1 on the Odyssey to 3.44 on the Pimax5K. But it was always higher than 1.

Now, the reverb, according to the Tom's review (I suppose this is where you got that numbers) is giving an internal ratio of 0.54!!,  That means it does subsampling when you set SteamVR to 100%. I really don´t understand the reason for that. 

The calcs are in the "SS per device" tab of the online sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gJmnz_nVxI6_dG_UYNCCpZVK2-f8NBy-y1gia77Hu_k

619023608_ReverbSSratio.thumb.jpg.173c6285e96e9f6a97e3826c9fd06492.jpg

But according to Tesed video above, the Reverb has a 2212x2164 resolution for 126% SteamVR, So this is not aligned with the Tom´s number.

Something is not clear here.

Edited by chiliwili69
  • Thanks 1