dburne

Reverb - new offering from HP

39 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

What is the difference between the consumer and professional versions?

As I know pro has official HP support , 24 months warranty (whole hmd will be replaced in case of any problem), and it has a replacable mask. Consumer edition is a bit cheaper. I have a pro version too.

Edited by airsheep_VR

Next question: Reverb has been dinged for quality issues.  Sounds like HP has made an effort to fix them.  Any verdict on quality?

@PatrickAWlson
I just bought a Reverb and it's a rev 2.

Very satisfied. Build quality on par with Oculus Rift. Resolution outstanding, no dead pixels, no black outs, no extreme heat.

I'd say they have fixed the quality issues from the first lot.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Goblin said:

@PatrickAWlson
I just bought a Reverb and it's a rev 2.

Very satisfied. Build quality on par with Oculus Rift. Resolution outstanding, no dead pixels, no black outs, no extreme heat.

I'd say they have fixed the quality issues from the first lot.

Im very happy with my headset. Tested Rift, Rift S, Pimax 5K+ and HP Reverb was my best decision :), especially for Flying Circus!

• Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 7:54 PM, PatrickAWlson said:

Next question: Reverb has been dinged for quality issues.  Sounds like HP has made an effort to fix them.  Any verdict on quality?

Can get behind what Goblin and YoYo is saying. I had the flickering due to overheat issue, and HP Norway sent me a new rev. 2 face module which works perfectly.

They had a bit of bad luck during release. A few deal breaking issues got through QA, but were quickly resolved when they were identified. The build quality is good.

Edited by kissklas
Splellign mistkase!
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

IRnlNr4m.jpg eEGFV3zm.jpg

5aVmjNym.jpg ydmrfkFm.jpg

Few my ideas.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 2

I'm on an Oculus Rift and struggle to identify planes in multiplayer.  It gets me killed every few hours as I wait too long to shoot or I shoot a friendly plane and piss someone off.  Is the Reverb good enough to solve this for me?

2 minutes ago, Bernardthefourth said:

I'm on an Oculus Rift and struggle to identify planes in multiplayer.  It gets me killed every few hours as I wait too long to shoot or I shoot a friendly plane and piss someone off.  Is the Reverb good enough to solve this for me?

Are you using Lefuneste's 3D Migoto mod for 5x and 10x zoom? Helps a lot with ID.

3 minutes ago, Alonzo said:

Are you using Lefuneste's 3D Migoto mod for 5x and 10x zoom? Helps a lot with ID.

Thanks for the tip Alonzo, I'll give that a shot.  Looking forward to the new map.

1 hour ago, Bernardthefourth said:

Is the Reverb good enough to solve this for me?

It will help a lot but not solve. (a 4K monitor is superior on that)

Here you can see how the ID improves from Index to Reverb. So from Rift to Reverb the difference is bigger.

Really hope to see "opencomposite" for window mixed reality someday.... Or native Vr support for IL2 since SteamVr uses a lot of CPU resources

6 minutes ago, Hartigan said:

Really hope to see "opencomposite" for window mixed reality someday.... Or native Vr support for IL2 since SteamVr uses a lot of CPU resources

Yeah native support for Oculus would be very nice as well.

Edited by dburne

10 minutes ago, dburne said:

Yeah native support for Oculus would be very nice as well.

Sure but at least we have opencomposite for Oculus. Nothing at the moment to help with WMR performance . 

1 minute ago, Hartigan said:

Sure but at least we have opencomposite for Oculus. Nothing at the moment to help with WMR performance . 

Yeah and I use it with my Rift S for sure, awesome program and way better for me than Steam VR.

• Upvote 2