Sign in to follow this  
JG27_Kornezov

The new FW 190 D-9 Dora in a dogfight

I wanted to do some hard tests what the new Dora 9 can do in terms of dogfight. Quite a lot :). Learning a new plane is a lot of trial and error. Especially error because you have to put it into a lot of bad situations to see what it is capable of. And that is leading to being shot dawn a lot more than the personal tolerance level. Noway around that unfortunately :). I add a tacview record, as you can see even if the Dora is a fine plane if you do a tactical error you get shot down.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Trooper117 said:

C'mon... at least put AC/DC with Thunderstruck, instead of that crap!

The original AC/DC version is awesome but may be that he didn't put it there due the copyright.

Exaclty and finding a half decent cover is pain, if you know some let me know please. The copyright owners are very nasty, it is written on youtube music policy that the use is available and ads can appear. That is fine with me as I do not monetize. Hawever they can amend their authorization at any moment, and they do so and suddenly some of my videos became muted or disappeared altogether.

Edited by JG27_Kornezov

On 3/19/2019 at 10:33 AM, JG27_Kornezov said:

as you can see even if the Dora is a fine plane if you do a tactical error you get shot down.

Like... any other aircrafts.

The idea of the video is to show  the use of the fighter beyound the obvious bounce. As a boom-zoom plane and stealthy bounce this plane is maybe the best in the game. Even with less firepower than the Anton the guns are offering sniper type of precision as they are very close to the fuselage. Also the roll rate is slightly better than the Anton at high speed. Even if the hotfix reduced the roll rate it is still more capable than the Anton.

However the Anton is not an ideal plane to give chase after a maneuvering opponent, on the contrary the Dora is much more capable to do that. 

Unfortunately I am still severely struggling a lot with defensive maneuvering being bounced with energy disadvantage. So I am still trying to figure out more succefull evasives adapted for the Dora, right now I am not happy at all with the success rate.

Edited by JG27_Kornezov