Thad

Tank Firing Practice Ranges

Posted (edited)

Fellow Tankers,

I've put together a firing range for all of the current Player tanks. Now get out there and perfect your trade! :salute:

Tank Practice Ranges.zip

Edited by Thad
Correction on mission brief
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 7

Thanks - one could wish for even more SP missions. It's a little disappointing they didn't include new missions with the recent update.

Just now, Sessine said:

Thanks - one could wish for even more SP missions. It's a little disappointing they didn't include new missions with the recent update.

Yes, it would have been nice to have at least on new tank mission set on the new map. 😐

Excellent! Look forward to trying it out.

3 minutes ago, pilotpierre said:

Well done, Mercury Bow Coops.

Ha! I spend half my day speaking French and it still took me a few seconds to catch that. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Thad said:

Yes, it would have been nice to have at least on new tank mission set on the new map. 😐

What I did was to open Jade Monkey's " Clearing Stalingrad " mission in the editor and change the tank to the M4A2 and save as a new mission such as " Clearing Stalingrad M4A2. I tried to post a pic but I guess Postimage is having issues.

2 hours ago, Thad said:

Fellow Tankers,

I've put together a firing range for all of the current Player tanks. Now get out there and perfect your trade! :salute:

Tank Practice Ranges.zip

Your the bomb, Thad!   (It's a compliment)

Wow!  Thanks for the add.  It is nice to know that there are members capable of creating missions and willing to share.  Thanks again.

• Upvote 1

What a great idea Thad!

Nice work.

@Thad, I have a small request, if I may, please? Would it be possible to add all the player usable tanks in the mix? We could explore their weak spots while working on our gunnery at the same time. Thank you very much.

May I assume you mean using them as 'targets'?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Thad said:

May I assume you mean using them as 'targets'?

Yes, sir. Only as targets. I know that, at the moment, they don’t have AI versions that are capable of movement.

Just to test and exploit their firepower on each other. Like the Sherman on Tiger, Panzer on Sherman, and so forth. Thanks.

Edited by BP_Lizard

Posted (edited)

Firstly, the  player version are capable of AI movement.

Ok.. I took some time to add some of the new player tanks to the firing range missions. It didn't seem to work. Afterwards the single player mission crashed to a black screen and locked my computer up.

I took the Player tanks out of the mission and it ran properly.

The only thing I can currently conclude is that the AI routines for the new player tanks do not have completely working AI. The new tanks don't have an AI version of themselves to choose from in the mission editor either. ☹️

Edited by Thad
Clarification about movement
  • Thanks 1

Ah, too bad. But thanks for taking the time to try. They do traverse and fire, but could one assign waypoints?

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, BP_Lizard said:

Ah, too bad. But thanks for taking the time to try. They do traverse and fire, but could one assign waypoints?

Yes, I saw one of the moving columns that I had set to Tigers moving and following my waypoints. Up until the mission crashed. There appear to be problems with the AI when using multiple single player designated tanks in a single player mission.

This is a limitation to what we mission creators can do currently.

We will have to wait until this is corrected by the developers or we are given AI versions of all of the new and any upcoming units. ☹️

They did so with the Kv1s. There is a Player and AI version of it just like there is with the original T-34 76stz and Pz III L they need to provide like AI versions for the newest tank additions.

Edited by Thad
  • Upvote 1

Thank you Thad for giving us nice missions!

• Upvote 1

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:53 PM, Thad said:

Fellow Tankers,

Tank Practice Ranges.zip

is this still working - downloaded and installed but it won't let me start any of the missions (tried across all the tanks)?

It should, if you have Tank Crew. :salute:

22 hours ago, Thad said:

It should, if you have Tank Crew. :salute:

yes have tank crew and simply dropped the "fire ranges" sub folder into my missions - when I go into missions in game and select the tank and try to play

it (as you would a normal mission) it refuses to load up just takes me back to mission page?

I just opened and ran one of the practice range missions.

I have attached another .zip folder.

Place the contents (the Tank Practice Ranges folder) into you missions folder.

Run the selected mission from within that folder. 😑

Tank Practice Ranges.zip

@Thad, the zip folder, you posted now, is larger, than the one mac2244 posted above (188.82 kB vs. 141.13 kB) Maybe in the old link is something missing.

@mac2244, Did you extract into IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad/data/missions or IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad/missions?

This one is probably an updated one. :salute:

First of all, thank you for your work @Thad. I'd like to ask if the quoted is still an issue? (I haven't invested time towards learning the mission editor yet.)

On 3/22/2019 at 5:28 PM, Thad said:

Yes, I saw one of the moving columns that I had set to Tigers moving and following my waypoints. Up until the mission crashed. There appear to be problems with the AI when using multiple single player designated tanks in a single player mission.

This is a limitation to what we mission creators can do currently.

We will have to wait until this is corrected by the developers or we are given AI versions of all of the new and any upcoming units. ☹️

They did so with the Kv1s. There is a Player and AI version of it just like there is with the original T-34 76stz and Pz III L they need to provide like AI versions for the newest tank additions.

Salutations,

The developers seem to have fixed the problem between the units. We can currently use ALL of the player vehicles in the editor... AI controlled or player controlled. :yahoo:

• Thanks 1