Jump to content
Thad

Tank Firing Practice Ranges

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Fellow Tankers,

 

I've put together a firing range for all of the current Player tanks. Now get out there and perfect your trade! :salute:

 

Tank Practice Ranges.zip

Edited by Thad
Correction on mission brief
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks - one could wish for even more SP missions. It's a little disappointing they didn't include new missions with the recent update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sessine said:

Thanks - one could wish for even more SP missions. It's a little disappointing they didn't include new missions with the recent update.

 

Yes, it would have been nice to have at least on new tank mission set on the new map. 😐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent! Look forward to trying it out.

3 minutes ago, pilotpierre said:

Well done, Mercury Bow Coops.

 

Ha! I spend half my day speaking French and it still took me a few seconds to catch that. :biggrin:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Thad said:

 

Yes, it would have been nice to have at least on new tank mission set on the new map. 😐

What I did was to open Jade Monkey's " Clearing Stalingrad " mission in the editor and change the tank to the M4A2 and save as a new mission such as " Clearing Stalingrad M4A2. I tried to post a pic but I guess Postimage is having issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thad said:

Fellow Tankers,

 

I've put together a firing range for all of the current Player tanks. Now get out there and perfect your trade! :salute:

Tank Practice Ranges.zip

 

Your the bomb, Thad!   (It's a compliment)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!  Thanks for the add.  It is nice to know that there are members capable of creating missions and willing to share.  Thanks again.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great idea Thad!

Nice work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Thad, I have a small request, if I may, please? Would it be possible to add all the player usable tanks in the mix? We could explore their weak spots while working on our gunnery at the same time. Thank you very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May I assume you mean using them as 'targets'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Thad said:

May I assume you mean using them as 'targets'?

 

Yes, sir. Only as targets. I know that, at the moment, they don’t have AI versions that are capable of movement.

Just to test and exploit their firepower on each other. Like the Sherman on Tiger, Panzer on Sherman, and so forth. Thanks.

Edited by BP_Lizard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Firstly, the  player version are capable of AI movement.

 

Ok.. I took some time to add some of the new player tanks to the firing range missions. It didn't seem to work. Afterwards the single player mission crashed to a black screen and locked my computer up.

 

I took the Player tanks out of the mission and it ran properly.

 

The only thing I can currently conclude is that the AI routines for the new player tanks do not have completely working AI. The new tanks don't have an AI version of themselves to choose from in the mission editor either. ☹️

Edited by Thad
Clarification about movement
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, too bad. But thanks for taking the time to try. They do traverse and fire, but could one assign waypoints?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, BP_Lizard said:

Ah, too bad. But thanks for taking the time to try. They do traverse and fire, but could one assign waypoints?

 

Yes, I saw one of the moving columns that I had set to Tigers moving and following my waypoints. Up until the mission crashed. There appear to be problems with the AI when using multiple single player designated tanks in a single player mission.

 

This is a limitation to what we mission creators can do currently.

 

We will have to wait until this is corrected by the developers or we are given AI versions of all of the new and any upcoming units. ☹️

 

They did so with the Kv1s. There is a Player and AI version of it just like there is with the original T-34 76stz and Pz III L they need to provide like AI versions for the newest tank additions.

Edited by Thad
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Thad for giving us nice missions!

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:53 PM, Thad said:

Fellow Tankers,

 

I've put together a firing range for all of the current Player tanks. Now get out there and perfect your trade! :salute:

 

Tank Practice Ranges.zip

is this still working - downloaded and installed but it won't let me start any of the missions (tried across all the tanks)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It should, if you have Tank Crew. :salute:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Thad said:

It should, if you have Tank Crew. :salute:

yes have tank crew and simply dropped the "fire ranges" sub folder into my missions - when I go into missions in game and select the tank and try to play

it (as you would a normal mission) it refuses to load up just takes me back to mission page?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just opened and ran one of the practice range missions.

 

I have attached another .zip folder.

 

Place the contents (the Tank Practice Ranges folder) into you missions folder.

 

Run the selected mission from within that folder. 😑

 

 

Tank Practice Ranges.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Thad, the zip folder, you posted now, is larger, than the one mac2244 posted above (188.82 kB vs. 141.13 kB) Maybe in the old link is something missing.

@mac2244, Did you extract into IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad/data/missions or IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad/missions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This one is probably an updated one. :salute:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all, thank you for your work @Thad. I'd like to ask if the quoted is still an issue? (I haven't invested time towards learning the mission editor yet.)

 

On 3/22/2019 at 5:28 PM, Thad said:

 

Yes, I saw one of the moving columns that I had set to Tigers moving and following my waypoints. Up until the mission crashed. There appear to be problems with the AI when using multiple single player designated tanks in a single player mission.

 

This is a limitation to what we mission creators can do currently.

 

We will have to wait until this is corrected by the developers or we are given AI versions of all of the new and any upcoming units. ☹️

 

They did so with the Kv1s. There is a Player and AI version of it just like there is with the original T-34 76stz and Pz III L they need to provide like AI versions for the newest tank additions.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salutations,

 

The developers seem to have fixed the problem between the units. We can currently use ALL of the player vehicles in the editor... AI controlled or player controlled. :yahoo:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...