J5_Hellbender

Major problem with the Fokker D.VIIF, literally unplayable

@Han, you left in a typo: 😁

hVf7rG8.png

(there should be a space between Fokker and D.VIIF)

Thanks for the quick release, by the way, she's amazing in every way!

• Haha 5

Well, I don't care what she's called, but she is a sleek and sexy monster.

You can gradually start applying altitude throttle even at sea level and go full power around 1400m or so. She climbs to 2000m like it's nothing and up there she outshines everything. She dives rather well too as long as you control your speed with a sideslip.

Unf! 

7xWqitD.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yup.  I single player flew her a bit last night.  Fun, fun, fun.  She felt polished and smooth.  No mirrors tho....  Went over to DCS and hopped into an F18, four mirrors.  Hehe... kidding, I don't care about the mirrors.  But really, the f18 has several. 

I like DCS in theory but I do not have the time to learn all of the systems. At base, I like stick and rudder flying.

If FC V2 has Pups, Be2Cs etc for a late 1916-Sping 1917 effort I will be totally won in heart and mind. Given the FC v1 a/c range, it is possible to add another 10 key a/c (flying boats etc can wait) and you have Somme to Amiens squared away in time-frame even with just the initial Arras map.

Yeah.  DCS is a time sink information overload.  The manuals for each aircraft are about a thousand pages.  If one stays with it, he/she will learn everything about each system on the aircraft and how to use it.  I thought the WWII stuff was going to take off more on DCS, so I picked up the p-51, the 109 and the 190...  And learned all the systems.  Really, the legit startup sequence, procedures and stuffs.  The research those devs put into the aircraft is nuts.  The one thing I do like about DCS over FC is, even if you don't have a key bound to an action, you can just click on it in the cockpit and it works.  Kinda spoils ya.

Still love me the Rof and FC though.  It is raw.  Low level loops, oil on the face, wings shearing off.  I do wish more people played it.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VonBrinson said:

Yeah.  DCS is a time sink information overload.  The manuals for each aircraft are about a thousand pages.  If one stays with it, he/she will learn everything about each system on the aircraft and how to use it.  I thought the WWII stuff was going to take off more on DCS, so I picked up the p-51, the 109 and the 190...  And learned all the systems.  Really, the legit startup sequence, procedures and stuffs.  The research those devs put into the aircraft is nuts.  The one thing I do like about DCS over FC is, even if you don't have a key bound to an action, you can just click on it in the cockpit and it works.  Kinda spoils ya.

Still love me the Rof and FC though.  It is raw.  Low level loops, oil on the face, wings shearing off.  I do wish more people played it.... 

Exactly why I haven't gone to ww2. I barely have the time to become mediocre in the ww1 planes. 

Although I commend the developers on their attention to the detail you mentioned.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1