Han

Game version 3.012 discussion: Fw 190 D-9, Prokhorovka, M4A2, PzKpfw.III Ausf.M, Fokker D.VIIF

11 minutes ago, BadBud said:

Anyone other than me having a problem getting the Dora off the ground without ground looping. Some suggestions and help needed here.

Thanks,

BadBud

Its the same like in Anton variant. Lock the tail wheel.

Got it figured out. Back pressure on the stick does it.............after locking the tail wheel.

BadBud

The Dora is a glorious beautiful beast- thanks for all the efforts, Dev's!  

Dora's a P-47 killer big time.

Love it!

BadBud

2019_3_19__23_52_43.jpg

2019_3_19__23_53_3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Danziger said:

The level of detail on the D9 is pure freakin amazing!

1.jpg

2.jpg

I guess that it is an attempt to compete with DCS Dora in terms of 3d modeling.

Its not just the physical model, the bump map is out of this world too. I really do wish they had time to update their older content to this new standard, but I do understand its quite difficult to find the time and justify that time spent when you have only so many 3D artists. 

• Upvote 2

Dora feels like BF109 to me compared to A8 at least when attacking ground targets with rockets: it is a much nimbler and faster ground attacker, I didn't expect this much difference to be honest, it is a generational leap. Dora also likes "keeping the ball in the centre" like no other plane, I appreciate that a lot because 1) it rewards skill which is addictive and 2) that was always my flying style. I was looking forward to Dora and I am not disappointed so far in the modelling, however it seems that graphics slow down more when flying in Dora compared to previous planes, I hope they can optimize it away.

4 hours ago, BadBud said:

Got it figured out. Back pressure on the stick does it.............after locking the tail wheel.

BadBud

In the FW-190 back pressure is -how- you lock the tail wheel.

With the little bit that I have flown with the new Dora and the Fokker D.VIIF, there seems to be some improvement to the damage model on the AI planes. Am I right?

BadBud 

There is a key stroke command to lock the tail wheel, which I have tried. Do not know if it works or not? Does not seem to.

BadBud

19 minutes ago, BadBud said:

There is a key stroke command to lock the tail wheel, which I have tried. Do not know if it works or not? Does not seem to.

That works for planes such as the 109. For the 190s pilot needs to pull the stick back to engage tail wheel lock as in the actual aircraft. The key command will not work for the 190.

Same goes with parking brake lock/unlock. There is a key command for that function but it will not work for the A20 where you need to depress both toe brakes to release the parking brakes.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, BadBud said:

With the little bit that I have flown with the new Dora and the Fokker D.VIIF, there seems to be some improvement to the damage model on the AI planes. Am I right?

BadBud 

BadBud

That keybind only works for planes which had a manual switch, such as the BF109 and early Yak series. All planes have some actions which work, and those that do not. The P-40,I-16, and Mig-3 tail wheel is controlled with your rudder inputs, the 109 has a manual lock, the P39 nose wheel cannot be controlled, the 190 needs the stick pulled back to lock. I'm sure the P51 will need its stick pushed forward to lock its tailwheel since thats how it was done IRL.

For that reason you may have several items bound to the same controls. An example being: horizontal stabilizer, elevator trim, and Fw190 stabilizer all essentially do the same thing and should all be bound to the same control. The turbosupercharger is only usable in the P47, and so on. 

Theck this thread for each planes details and quirks.

Edited by Field-Ops

thanks.........should have known that. Will now just use the stick to engage the tail wheel lock.

BadBud

I'm telling you what, these devs are like a machine churning out all of these amazing updates.

Thank you so much for your hard work!

4 hours ago, III/JG2Gustav05 said:

I guess that it is an attempt to compete with DCS Dora in terms of 3d modeling.

I thought it was more of a general upgrade in modeling of planes to bring them inline with the outstanding very highly detailed tank models.

only noticed the update in the morning :( this is what you get for flying as a RIO all day long after work... Today its IL2's turn tho 😄 i need some Dora in my life

With the dora out would that mean me262 next?

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Danziger said:

The level of detail on the D9 is pure freakin amazing!

1.jpg

2.jpg

Agree.

The Bondenplatte standard quality of the new aircrafts is really very high, just look for ex. to the P-47, stunning.

Probably will see a real masterpiece with the Tempest release.

Edited by 150GCT_Veltro
  • Upvote 1

This is by far the best sim I have ever played.  That's down to the care and effort you guys put into it.

Thanks and thanks to the server hosts too !

I am not able to use the Emergency Power with 1.9 Ata at sea level. So I can"t reach the maximum 600+ Km/h top speed down there. Is that normal? When I am switching to 100% throttle and engaging WEP,  the needle in the boost gauge remains at 1,3-1,5-1,6 aTa from sea level to ca. 4000 meters.   

10 minutes ago, Imre-FW-190A said:

I am not able to use the Emergency Power with 1.9 Ata at sea level. So I can"t reach the maximum 600+ Km/h top speed down there. Is that normal? When I am switching to 100% throttle and engaging WEP,  the needle in the boost gauge remains at 1,3-1,5-1,6 aTa from sea level to ca. 4000 meters.   

You need maximum negative stabilizer to get the top speed. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bilbo_Baggins said:

You need maximum negative stabilizer to get the top speed. 

Thanks, that is ok, but the boost pressure is still not the maximum possible at sea level. The plane specs section says, that 1.9 Ata boost pressure could be achieved at sea level also.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Imre-FW-190A said:

Thanks, that is ok, but the boost pressure is still not the maximum possible at sea level. The plane specs section says, that 1.9 Ata boost pressure could be achieved at sea level also.

It is possible its just not working as its intended yet, as was with the trimming and cowl flaps. 

The engine oddly also performs worse  on winter maps than on summer or autumn ones. So my guess is, that maybe it just needs a little tweaking. Its all in early access, after all

Edited by EpeeNoire

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, EpeeNoire said:

It is possible its just not working as its intended yet, as was with the trimming and cowl flaps. 

The plane oddly performs on winter maps worse than on summer or autumn ones. So my guess is, that maybe it just needs a little tweaking. Its all in early access, after all

OK, thanks, you are right, I understand now the situation.

By the way, BIG-BIG respect, to the development TEAM! Thank You! :)  Спасибо большое! :) 

Edited by Imre-FW-190A

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Field-Ops said:

I'm sure the P51 will need its stick pushed forward to lock its tailwheel since thats how it was done IRL

Really? How interesting. Did it had to go all the way or just a bit, say half-course? Its an interesting concept, since you have to level the tail anyway, and when you do the tailwheel is not relevant anymore. I wonder why ze germans didnt think of this... its counterintuitive to pull the stick then push it just at the right time for levelling the tail, feels like you have to do it just at the right time. Lets say, you are going towards two conflicting directions... back stick locks and front stick levels....  in the p51 way both actions point the same way. 

A small, intelligent detail. Again, unusual for a german design not to consider this.

Edited by danielprates

8 hours ago, Field-Ops said:

I'm sure the P51 will need its stick pushed forward to lock its tailwheel since thats how it was done IRL.

Er, no... from the P-51D manual

(3)  Taxi with the stick slightly aft of neutral to lock the tailwheel.

In the locked position the tail wheel may be turned 6 degrees right or left by the rudder pedals.

For sharp turns, push the stick forward of the neutral position to allow the tail wheel full swivelling action...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

The Jumo 213 gave the Dora more torque to play with.

It has nothing to do with the larger tail.

The FAA has their manuals and textbooks written for Jimmy Joystick who wants to fly with the least amount of shuffling numbers.

Physically, a bank won't increase the stall-speed, unless you want to keep altitude and load up the wing with g to make up for the tilted lift-vector.

You can fly your base-to-final turn with 90° of bank and never stall the airplane. Just make sure you start at enough altitude and won't bother losing a boatload of it during the turn.

Bank increases stall speed, I just put a video in free subject , believe me I know what I am talking about and its me flying the plane.

A heavy plane to a tiny landing zone with a bend.

11 hours ago, Field-Ops said:

Its not just the physical model, the bump map is out of this world too. I really do wish they had time to update their older content to this new standard, but I do understand its quite difficult to find the time and justify that time spent when you have only so many 3D artists. 

Now I can understand why the artist was eager to show it off in the leaked images.

• Upvote 3

As I see the level of detailing improve as the sim developes, I'm glad the P-38 is going to be one of the last, if not THE last airplane to be added to Bodenplatte. It is going to benefit from all that is being learned and will be the best Lightning yet, in a combat flight simulator. I am really looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

Amazing update!!!  777 and team continue to exceed expectations in every way. 

Everyone who has any interest in WW2 CFS and has not purchased this franchise needs to step up and open up their wallets to support their efforts.  You will not be sorry.

• Upvote 3

EPIC!!!

The DORA flies really very well.

Great job, thanks to the Devs

6. UDP output API for moving platform simulators was added, details are in attached document;

Il2_MotionOutput.zip

I missed this one !

A big step, but unfortunately, only very few are using those moving platform...

Could you please use the same UDP API to push infos like  RPM, temp, radiator pos or event like gun fired, canopy closing/opening, ...so either guys with static cockpit or with jetseat could at least have the same features than in DCS ? Please...

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

The Dora after the hotfix is a different plane. I do not know which is more realistic or better modeled.
As for me I preferred the first flight model, because I had a better roll rate at corner speed. So it was very fun to make high speed chases.

Otherwise indeed the corrected trim improved the acceleration, as you do not need to trim -100 any time you want to accelerate.

Edited by JG27_Kornezov

Pretty sure I am the only one here who cares about TC, but the Sherman ingame has 5 degrees of gun depression. In reality it had 12 degrees.

Is it me, or the Dora release is bringing a lot of new players?

I've seen a lot of posts asking questions about what to buy in the forums as well as on reddit and even youtube comments sections.

That's great news for the devs, I hope it's going well!

• Like 1

I do think there are a whole lot of new players.  I just checked how many members there are and it is now 171,476 the last time I wrote the number down it was at 152,638 and that was about 9 months ago.  Since the P47 and now the D9 the numbers have been going up faster.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, JG27_Kornezov said:

The Dora after the hotfix is a different plane. I do not know which is more realistic or better modeled.
As for me I preferred the first flight model, because I had a better roll rate at corner speed. So it was very fun to make high speed chases.

Otherwise indeed the corrected trim improved the acceleration, as you do not need to trim -100 any time you want to accelerate.

I've felt it too, Korne. For a dogfight I liked the first D9 model.
[edited]

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Rule 6
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, smink1701 said:

Amazing update!!!  777 and team continue to exceed expectations in every way. 

Everyone who has any interest in WW2 CFS and has not purchased this franchise needs to step up and open up their wallets to support their efforts.  You will not be sorry.

I agree! Going shopping now.

I've been checking out the D9 normal map and skins up close in gimp. It really makes me want to scrap my MiG and start over. I don't know if I feel good or bad about it.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Danziger said:

I've been checking out the D9 normal map and skins up close in gimp. It really makes me want to scrap my MiG and start over. I don't know if I feel good or bad about it.

Please don't do that.  What makes or breaks a 4K skin is the weathering and the new D9 uses subtle weathering and shading techniques you can emulate in a few days.  It should also be noticed the new D9 model has moved all external model cockpit, undercarriage, wheels, tyres and other details off the main texture.  This alone gives around 25% extra resolution for the fuselage and wings in the texture map over the older models like the MiG 3.

Stick with it, your template is excellent and worth finishing :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1