Han

Game version 3.012 discussion: Fw 190 D-9, Prokhorovka, M4A2, PzKpfw.III Ausf.M, Fokker D.VIIF

1 minute ago, WheelwrightPL said:

Is the new Prochorovka map performing well with aircraft in QMB ?

Is the enhanced destruction system working when you drop bombs on a building or when you crash an aircraft into it ?

Didn't try to bomb something yet. I just took my favorite plane - LA5FN - and made some recce flying. As I said before - wonderful

map with lovely details, but noticed some minor stutter over Prohkorovka town with ULTRA settings. No big deal though.

• Like 1

*singing*. Doo do Doo Doo Doo Dora!

Doo do Doo Doo Doo Dora!

Dora Dora Dora, the Destroyer!

Wow, thank you for yet another unannounced and unexpected update!  *Schwing!*

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Seb71 said:

How big is the download for this update?

My launcher keeps increasing the total (to be downloaded). Initially I hadn't paid attention to it, but since I looked it was 11GB at first. Now it gradually increased to 18GB.

3_012.jpg.d08a1f7656c55bf66cdd85bf57e6e2de.jpg

Darn, my update was less than 2 GB. 😲

Have you missed any recent updates? 

Just now, Thad said:

Have you missed any recent updates? 

No, it was up to date.

I wasn't expecting an update already. But I'll take it anyway. After today, this will be a fun way to blow some steam. 

Eager to try out the new map in TC. It'll be an interesting test for my system. 

8 minutes ago, Seb71 said:

My launcher keeps increasing the total (to be downloaded). Initially I hadn't paid attention to it, but since I looked it was 11GB at first. Now it gradually increased to 18GB.

That looks like you're re-downloading the whole game Seb.:(

Now it went over 20GB.

3.012_20GB.jpg.d52a92ea18932bb3ad239de9d832f429.jpg

Force close the launcher with task manager and re-start, mine hangs up sometimes, claiming to be downloading and  not actually making any progress. 

Just now, thenorm said:

Force close the launcher with task manager and re-start, mine hangs up sometimes, claiming to be downloading and  not actually making any progress. 

Yeah, I just closed it. And restarted.

It finised quickly this time.

I never had this issue until now.

3.012_5GB.jpg.9ba341e224c5c8cb205f60ac2531791f.jpg

@Seb 71. Its a 1.56gb D/Load . Do like Norm says above.

47 minutes ago, WheelwrightPL said:

Is the new Prochorovka map performing well with aircraft in QMB ?

Is the enhanced destruction system working when you drop bombs on a building or when you crash an aircraft into it ?

Yes bombs are working in the detailed area on house. You can wipe houses. I can't say for the crash of airplane.

I've been wanting to take the D9 up over the new map and check it out from altitude but my little boy took over my computer and is driving the Sherman everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

Didn't try to bomb something yet. I just took my favorite plane - LA5FN - and made some recce flying. As I said before - wonderful

map with lovely details, but noticed some minor stutter over Prohkorovka town with ULTRA settings. No big deal though.

OK - further testing done. Changed the settings from ULTRA to HIGH and took the same plane, but now flying south 500m above ground

to see Belgorod city. Wow, now that's a stutter fest - my god. Never encountered such a massive performance drop (still 60 FPS steady).

Observing this and thinking of the Bodenplatte map - I don't know, but I have some real concerns...

Coming back to the Prohkorovka map, which is thought to be a tank battle ground primarily, I can drive a tank without any stuttering though.

Cool, that is the city of Belgorod if I remember correctly. Maybe I should get inside one of those tanks :).

pr_3.jpg

13 minutes ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

OK - further testing done. Changed the settings from ULTRA to HIGH and took the same plane, but now flying south 500m above ground

to see Belgorod city. Wow, now that's a stutter fest - my god. Never encountered such a massive performance drop (still 60 FPS steady).

Observing this and thinking of the Bodenplatte map - I don't know, but I have some real concerns...

Coming back to the Prohkorovka map, which is thought to be a tank battle ground primarily, I can drive a tank without any stuttering though.

The Bodenplatte map wont have this level of detail, it will be in the style of the existing other maps. this one is much higher detail due to being a map for ground vehicles. 

• Upvote 1

Is there a way I can see the new map more clearly..perhaps a printable version ? With VR its very tough to make out.🤔

1 minute ago, Blitzen said:

Is there a way I can see the new map more clearly..perhaps a printable version ? With VR its very tough to make out.🤔

A monitor perhaps 🤪

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Downloading and getting ready to test fly the D-9!

Wow!  What a Great Surprise!

THANK YOU !

Posted (edited)

The new map 😍

There is something unusual with it,

It looks like no other map, I really feel to be more in the reality. That is amazing.

I tried to destroy the buildings with tanks. 2 issues:

1-my tank (sherman) get stuck sometimes in the debris

2-My tank turn upside down when closing half destroyed buildings.

Again, FANTASTIC work!

2 hours ago, Piro53 said:

Why are axis getting all of their planes first? 

Because they are the best 😎 ! Ask @MeoW.Scharfi !

Edited by TG1_Nil

Great news. Cant wait to try my  most favourite Focke-Wulf. The Dora! But what about Schwalbe? I thought those two were supposed to be released alongside. But nevermind, Dora will more than sufficient for flying and battling :dance:

The 4k Skins are great and the texturework inside the cockpit is also fantastic.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, thenorm said:

The Bodenplatte map wont have this level of detail, it will be in the style of the existing other maps. this one is much higher detail due to being a map for ground vehicles. 

I know - that's why I said this (see my own quote below)

46 minutes ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

29 minutes ago, SovietAce said:

Great news. Cant wait to try my  most favourite Focke-Wulf. The Dora! But what about Schwalbe? I thought those two were supposed to be released alongside. But nevermind, Dora will more than sufficient for flying and battling :dance:

Things change and some things get finished sooner than others. This is why we don't like to comment too much on what is coming until it's imminent. Everything we do is subject to change.

Jason

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 9

YAAAAA!!!!!  To bad I just went out of town today:dash:  Oh well I’ll have the ol’Lady download the update so I can play on Thursday!!

Fantastic once again Dev team, you guys are the BEST!!!

What's the flying characteristic of Dora? Especially max level speed? 

I'm not at home for few days, so I can't try the new toy... :(

1 hour ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

Based on the above I will pass on the Tank Crew, at least for now.

I hoped I can buy those new "high fidelity" maps for use with planes in QMB, but unfortunately it appears more optimization is necessary for a good flying experience.

On a more positive note: congrates on the Dora, I was really looking forward to it.

A nice update, but a few things I noticed.

Fw 190 D9:
- The stabilizer is extremely tail-heavy trimmed and even at -100% only conditionally effective (not supposed to mean it would be uncontrollable, but it just tends to stretch its nose a little towards the sky).
- In horizontal flight the D9 has the tendency to drift to the left.
- The tail wheel (at least according to the game display) does not lock at 100km/H and even at landing at well over 200 km/h comes the warning that it is not locked.
- The Ata is depending upon height quite a change bellows.

This may sound bad now, but despite the curiosities it can be flown very nicely and the EZ 42 is great!

Tanks:

First of all, the interior is great! I didn't have any problems with most of the positions either. But
-for both tanks (Sherman/PZ III) the alignment of the turret was a bit bulky instead of following the mouse movement.
- With the PZ III radio operator I could not change into the optics of the MG.
- With the Sherman tank commander I used several attempts to use the 50.Cal.

And finally the new map. I hunted a few P-47s with the D9 earlier and noticed some sporadic graphic errors. It looked like there was a problem with the rendering. It has been in and around the tank part so. 

have a nice Day!

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

If I may ask why are the ammo counters missing?

It's to reflect the late-war equipment shortages the Luftwaffe faced - the D-9 on display here in the US was captured just like that - with missing ammo counters. It's the same reason why the Bf 109 K-4 doesn't have an ammo counter for its nose-mounted cannon.

Edited by LukeFF
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

What's the flying characteristic of Dora? Especially max level speed? 

I'm not at home for few days, so I can't try the new toy... :(

I checked ingame specs, i think it was 607kph lvl speed with MW50.

And 19m/s climb at combat power @ sea level.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KG_S_Big_Al_the_Allo said:

The tail wheel (at least according to the game display) does not lock at 100km/H and even at landing at well over 200 km/h comes the warning that it is not locked.

You have to pull the stick back to lock the tailwheel.

Just now, LukeFF said:

You have to pull the stick back to lock the tailwheel.

Just like any other 190, actually. But as said, unless it is different with the long nose, should lock at 100km/h. Just as it should be automatically locked at higher speeds. I am honest, I have no idea if it was like that with the D9, on the other hand it seems strange to me.

Beauty!  :cool:

Two planes, two tanks, and a map... and only 1.5GB? That's some optimal optimization. Gotta love the sleek nature of it all.

Gentlemen ...start your engines and gird your loins...

Thank you all for the update ... and all your hard work.

My Dora really wants to roll to the left unless it's at very low throttle - is there some trim function I'm missing?