Jump to content
Han

Game version 3.012 discussion: Fw 190 D-9, Prokhorovka, M4A2, PzKpfw.III Ausf.M, Fokker D.VIIF

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, SCG_PanzerPajamas said:

Sadly, this update has broken Tank Crew, or at least the new map. Instant CTD when starting a QM.

I can confirm this. When trying the new map I get a CTD as well. The tanks do work in other maps though. Very nice additions. Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is really a big step forwards. No doubt you can make any project become true. Congrats to the whole team!

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Small question.

It's probably meant to be like this but I can't cut the throttle of the D9 under 10%.

Am I doing something wrong?

 

Have a nice day.

 

:salute:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

174.thumb.JPG.50321cbe77829c1d967ccde72d4dc258.JPG171.thumb.JPG.608ee9978fd9e4a3e5687c27fad9ca47.JPG174.thumb.JPG.50321cbe77829c1d967ccde72d4dc258.JPGHere's a better quality shot , the last one was a pic of a pic on screen . Wrong prop I know .  Three Blades don't work well with RC . The cowl came loose way back when and the prop ate it . Haven't gotten round to repainting . Functional exhaust stack  , my own invention . Started building it in '94 , finished  in 2000 .  I still have it , it's now a living room ornament , and is retired . I don't know why it double posted the pics . Now I get to fly the D9 in the  sim !  Been waiting for this !

171.JPG

Edited by pencon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great stuff. D9 looks fabulous. Plus bubble canopy... Thanks devs it is hard to keep up with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The D9 has blown me away... What an aircraft! Great work devs, absolutely stellar! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, FlyingShark said:

Small question.

It's probably meant to be like this but I can't cut the throttle of the D9 under 10%.

Am I doing something wrong?

 

Have a nice day.

 

:salute:

Have you checked it with any other plane? 

I had that online once with a pe-2, couldn't set RPM, throttle or mixture below 50%. Next mission was fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are axis getting all of their planes first? Like dont get me wrong I'm happy we at least got some more progress done and I love the fact this project is getting closer to release. But the only thing that bugs me is allies have only gotten 2 planes and axis have gotten 4 almost 5 if they added the 262. I'm not really complaining that the allied planes seems to be taking longer, just wondering why they are taking longer than everything else.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WheelwrightPL said:

Can you use the new Prochorovka tank map in single-player QMB with all the planes ? (if so I may buy the tank module just for the increased map fidelity).

Is the improved destruction system on this map working with planes too ?

Does the map have winter version ?

 

1. If you own TC then you can fly over this map with every single plane you have in your hangar - works like all other maps you have in QMB

2. Only summer map version - at least for the moment. Don't know if there will be a winter map.

3. Yes, buy this thing as quick as possible - wonderful map I would say.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dora's a beaut; the cockpit looks especially fantastic. Watching the quality of the devs' work increase steadily over time has been so satisfying. I'm happy I've been able to support that kind of work ethic and drive for excellence, while I get an engaging game to play.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, SAS_Bombsaway said:

I can confirm this. When trying the new map I get a CTD as well. The tanks do work in other maps though. Very nice additions. Thank you. 

Which tank and initial position are you using?

 

No problems here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StG2_Raven said:

Many thanks for the update.  What is in control of the weapon group 3?

Dolphin overhead Lewis gun.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a nice and unexpected thing to come home to after a :wacko: day at work.

 

Big S! to The Team:salute:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problems so far with TC with Sherman and Panzer II M, the run properly, no CTD's.

Apart from this the only bug I see so far is that the new tanks(Sherman and Panzer III) have no visible crew but could be that they are not ready yet, no idea.

The Dora is scary as sh#t, fast and lethal.

Excellent work.

PS: love to crush the buildings with the tanks.

2019_3_18__17_47_42.jpg

2019_3_18__18_17_45.jpg

2019_3_18__18_4_56.jpg

Edited by 216th_Peterla
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Piro53 said:

Why are axis getting all of their planes first? Like dont get me wrong I'm happy we at least got some more progress done and I love the fact this project is getting closer to release. But the only thing that bugs me is allies have only gotten 2 planes and axis have gotten 4 almost 5 if they added the 262. I'm not really complaining that the allied planes seems to be taking longer, just wondering why they are taking longer than everything else.

We already have Bf-109s and FW-190s in the game. So its faster and easier to create variants of existing planes than to create entirely new planes, both in flight modeling and 3D modeling.
The P-51 has apparently some unique challenges to its 3D model, or so I've heard. It's also really important to get the fuel system updated to model the high differences in center of gravity with different levels of fuel (critical to get the flight modeling right).

The Tempest was very difficult to get good detailed pictures of  the cockpit, so they probably wouldn't have even been able to start until recently. And its wing is different from those of other craft in the sim (I could be mistaken there).

The P-38 has two engines and is a pretty unique airframe, once again more difficult to model.

The Me-262 is coming earlier probably because they were able to get the jet engine stuff done either on time or faster than anticipated, so you might as well release it if its done, if only to build hype. 

So ultimately its probably just that the allied aircraft are taking a little bit longer. Better to release what you can on early access than to delay everything to balance out the release schedule.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, E69_Cananas said:

Which tank and initial position are you using?

 

No problems here.

M4A2.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had no issues using the M4A2 in QM here..sorry I cant be of any more help..also noted that the 'turned out' position of the driver in the Sherman has the view point very high, in real life, the head was out the hatch, not the whole body { couldn't find any way to move the view to a more accurate position :) }

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SAS_Bombsaway said:

M4A2.

 

 

Tested all starting positions with M4A2 in the new map. Not issues.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

Have you checked it with any other plane? 

Yes, no problem with other planes.

 

Have a nice day.

 

:salute:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FlyingShark said:

Yes, no problem with other planes.

 

Have a nice day.

 

:salute:

What does the ATA guage say when your throttle is at minimum setting (i.e. when its showing 10%). Also is the throttle in-cockpit forward from idle by any visible amount, or is it all the way closed? Maybe just an issue with the throttle not using full range of motion in the Dora...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didnt tried the tanks and the map yet and the Fokker D.VIIF is a classic, but the Dora ...what a plane she is! The sound!, the look!, fast, powerful and quite maneuverable.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just gut out from my exam and had the D9,

1- Exam Aced 

2- D9 out 

am i in heavn ? 

Thanks  777 and 1C.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, E69_Cananas said:

 

Tested all starting positions with M4A2 in the new map. Not issues.

Thank you. I'll test again after work. Could have been my computer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

We already have Bf-109s and FW-190s in the game. So its faster and easier to create variants of existing planes than to create entirely new planes, both in flight modeling and 3D modeling.
The P-51 has apparently some unique challenges to its 3D model, or so I've heard. It's also really important to get the fuel system updated to model the high differences in center of gravity with different levels of fuel (critical to get the flight modeling right).

The Tempest was very difficult to get good detailed pictures of  the cockpit, so they probably wouldn't have even been able to start until recently. And its wing is different from those of other craft in the sim (I could be mistaken there).

The P-38 has two engines and is a pretty unique airframe, once again more difficult to model.

The Me-262 is coming earlier probably because they were able to get the jet engine stuff done either on time or faster than anticipated, so you might as well release it if its done, if only to build hype. 

So ultimately its probably just that the allied aircraft are taking a little bit longer. Better to release what you can on early access than to delay everything to balance out the release schedule.

 

Keep in mind that out of all the countries, the U.S. plane set probably has the most extensive and detailed records and performance data of all.  Even if the models that are released are 99.9% accurate, the server hosting this website will probably spontaneously combust from the sheer volume of posts about them when they are released.  The best way to avoid the headaches is to take the time to make the models top notch right out of the bag.  (And no.... it won't just be the 'Muricans saying "Mah P51 isn't right!", it will be the majority of IL-2 enthusiasts worldwide.) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

 

1. If you own TC then you can fly over this map with every single plane you have in your hangar - works like all other maps you have in QMB

 

Is the new Prochorovka map performing well with aircraft in QMB ?

Is the enhanced destruction system working when you drop bombs on a building or when you crash an aircraft into it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How big is the download for this update?

 

My launcher keeps increasing the total (to be downloaded). Initially I hadn't paid attention to it, but since I looked it was 11GB at first. Now it gradually increased to 18GB.

3_012.jpg.d08a1f7656c55bf66cdd85bf57e6e2de.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...