Jump to content
Han

Game version 3.012 discussion: Fw 190 D-9, Prokhorovka, M4A2, PzKpfw.III Ausf.M, Fokker D.VIIF

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, LizLemon said:

 

The folder that holds the hanger used in the menu has a new folder called "events". There is a rocket model in that folder that in game is in the same location as the christmas tree.

 

Oh that's pretty cool then. I love what they did with the Christmas tree. This sounds fun too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2019 at 5:28 AM, Bullets said:

 

We already have access to 6 of the Bodenplate aircraft dude haha. The map is under development and the 262 will be ready in "two weeks" be sure :salute: 

 

On 3/28/2019 at 5:22 AM, crristy19712 said:

when we will have gameplay for Bodenplate?

 

when we will try Bodenplate..someone no the date of release?

 

Curious then. PWCG 5.1 is able to create a campaign for Bodenplatte.   Is it an incomplete map?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LukeFF said:

 

They were extremely hard to destroy before. 

Yes, and I assume that was because the durability system was changed so that you'd need to use considerably lower durability for the planes etc. than before (something like 9000->1000), and many mission makers didn't update the durability values.

 

So, what are the recommended values now?

 

In addition, can we please go back to how it used to be, i.e. that you could set a durability value high enough that you couldn't destroy static blocks with 20 mm cannons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Venturi said:

Well, they did put the first satellite in space, and the first man.

Of course, we put the first man in orbit, and the first man on the moon. (Debatable amongst some people, I know... :P)

The first flight into space was the first orbital flight.
Therefore, Gagarin was both the first man in space and the first in orbit.
Flight of A. Shepard (second flight into space) was suborbital.

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Sneaksie said:

Dear friends,

 

The small 3.012b update has been released just now:

(...)

- Fw 190 A-5 and A-8: engine thermal model corrected
- Bf 109 K-4: 4K textures created by Martin =ICDP= Catney added to the game
 

Niiiice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, WWSitttingDuck said:

 

 

Curious then. PWCG 5.1 is able to create a campaign for Bodenplatte.   Is it an incomplete map?

PWCG uses one of the existing maps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Gavrick said:

The first flight into space was the first orbital flight.
Therefore, Gagarin was both the first man in space and the first in orbit.
Flight of A. Shepard (second flight into space) was suborbital.

 

And let's not forget in addition to the above:

The first women in space, Valentina Tereshkova.

The first space walk.

The first successful rover.

 

Edited by VBF-12_Stick-95

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, WWSitttingDuck said:

 

 

Curious then. PWCG 5.1 is able to create a campaign for Bodenplatte.   Is it an incomplete map?

 

I put it onto the western edge of the Stalingrad map.  A placeholder until the actual Bodenplatte map comes to be. 

 

I did use correct unit names and I renamed the airfields to be more or less right.  I also added America and Britain to WWII PWCG - medals, names, ranks, etc.  The town names are still Russian.  Not ideal but it does let you fly a campaign with every currently available Bodenplatte plane from fields with German or Dutch names flying in Western front squadrons with properly named squadron mates with the right ranks and awards ... so ... not perfect but there is enough there to have some fun,

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

 

And let's not forget in addition to the above:

The first women in space, Valentina Tereshkova.

The first space walk.

The first successful rover.

 

And let's not forget the first automated, unmanned docking between Cosmos 186 and Cosmos 188 on October 30, 1967.

However before that date the first manual docking was made by US astronaut Neil Armstrong with Gemini 8 and an Agena target vehicle on 16 March 1966.

Sorry I digress.......

Edited by IckyATLAS
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IckyATLAS said:

And let's not forget the first automated, unmanned docking between Cosmos 186 and Cosmos 188 on October 30, 1967.

However before that date the first manual docking was made by US astronaut Neil Armstrong with Gemini 8 and an Agena target vehicle on 16 March 1966.

Sorry I digress.......

 

One last digression.  The US hasn't had it's own crewed launch vehicle since 2011 and has depended on Russia's Soyuz for the last 8 years for rides to the ISS.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

 

One last digression.  The US hasn't had it's own crewed launch vehicle since 2011 and has depended on Russia's Soyuz for the last 8 years for rides to the ISS.

This is really my latest digression 🙂 and the winner is .......the first mobile rover ever on another celestial body Lunokhod 1 that in 1970/71 drives on the moon for over 10 km in 10 months. Lunokhod 2 that in 1973 made over 37km in six months a record distance still valid today. And each of these rovers weighted around 800 kgs. They sent back over 100'000 pictures and about 300 panoramic images.

Curiosity is just at 20 km distance travelled, but on Mars which is another level of difficulty due to distance and signal delay that makes the teleoperation system of the Lunokhods impossible to implement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Opportunity rover went 45.16 km breaking the Lunakhod record for a non Earth rover, but Soviet Union/Russia has plenty of accomplishments in space. I think the Venera probes (built by Lavochkin ;) ) sending back pictures from the surface of Venus to be very impressive. 

Edited by [CPT]Pike*HarryM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was just pointing out some firsts accomplished by other than the US.  There's credit to be given for the accomplishments of all peaceful exploration of space, manned or unmanned, to a number of countries.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gavrick said:

The first flight into space was the first orbital flight.
Therefore, Gagarin was both the first man in space and the first in orbit.
Flight of A. Shepard (second flight into space) was suborbital.

 

Gagarin did one 108min flight - some will argue if it was a complete orbit. And Glenn did three, a greater technical feat as the orbit then had to be more stable (as one orbit could be an apogee trajectory).

Anyways, it was ultimately a race to develop nuclear weapons delivery systems, born of the German V-2. Right? So I guess we can all get behind the peaceful, and more noble aspect of it. :)

 

 

yrsyg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my first opportunity to try the new Prokhorovka map today on WoL. Overall the map is stunning, but my squad mates and I experienced some issues with fps drops and "squares" of forest/trees flashing in and out. Is anyone else having these problems with the new map?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, =BAIT=CG_Justin said:

I got my first opportunity to try the new Prokhorovka map today on WoL. Overall the map is stunning, but my squad mates and I experienced some issues with fps drops and "squares" of forest/trees flashing in and out. Is anyone else having these problems with the new map?

 

Yes, those are known issues at the moment. Im sure they'll refine it as we get close to official release of TC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The first on the moon , could tell me which  is the colour of the moon when  hipotetical  jump for there or make photos or videos with a robot with their own modular sing colour data scale set ? ‘ Brown ’ minute 2’00” :

 

Or ‘Grey ‘ 

 

Yes Gavrick ! Thanks !.

Edited by RAY-EU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please make new topic for "moon conspiracy" and other space things. It is interesting, but offtopic here.

 

Spoiler

The Americans flew to the moon. I wonder how people doubt it.

 

  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RAY-EU said:

Just making a question about the colour of the moon ? .

Spoiler

Because it is photo from monochrome navigation camera of descent module.

For examle - photo of Chang'e-3 (2013) from navigation and full-color camera.

1106422_original.jpg

 

And, i repeat, make a new topic.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ICDP, I noticed the "Alternate Wing Camo" skin for the K-4 now has the same wing camo as the default K-4. Just curious, what is reasoning behind that?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LukeFF said:

@ICDP, I noticed the "Alternate Wing Camo" skin for the K-4 now has the same wing camo as the default K-4. Just curious, what is reasoning behind that?

 

Apologies about this guys, I will contact the devs to ensure the correct version is uploaded at some point soon.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Jason_Williams Just wanted to say there is a bug with the D9 if you are using the auto rpm limiter. When you get to 7500m the limiter will shut the engine down because it thinks you will break the engine, if you turn it off you get full power back and it will not break.

 

Also a side question. Is there any way of directly controlling the position of the D9 rad flaps? or is controlled by the thermostat only?

Edited by AeroAce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You set the desired Temp (by guesstimation) and the thermostat then drives the cowl flap as required. Dont believe there is any method to directly control them. A set odf Translated D9 notes says 110C for the climb and 100C for the cruise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bert_Foster said:

You set the desired Temp (by guesstimation) and the thermostat then drives the cowl flap as required. Dont believe there is any method to directly control them. A set odf Translated D9 notes says 110C for the climb and 100C for the cruise

 

Well that is a typically over engineered German way of dealing with a shortage of trained pilots!!

 

Think of the weight savings and resulting performance gains to be had, if all these systems were taken out and they just had the base plane.

 

Think of the manufacturing savings.

 

By contrast the VVS just made an engine that they could not break.

 

I want to say lol but it is not that funny.

Edited by AeroAce
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AeroAce said:

 

Well that is a typically over engineered German way of dealing with a shortage of trained pilots!!

 

Think of the weight savings and resulting performance gains to be had, if all these systems were taken out and they just had the base plane.

 

Think of the manufacturing savings.

 

By contrast the VVS just made an engine that they could not break.

 

I want to say lol but it is not that funny.

You should give complex engine management a try, it's really not that hard to learn. Especially in planes like the d9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, JonRedcorn said:

You should give complex engine management a try, it's really not that hard to learn. Especially in planes like the d9.

 

OMG Dont you see that I do use complex engine management.! Im talking about the game assists!!

 

 

SIGH 

 

And what u quoted me was about the real system 

 

SIGH

Edited by AeroAce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, AeroAce said:

 

OMG Dont you see that I do use complex engine management.! Im talking about the game assists!!

 

 

SIGH 

 

And what u quoted me was about the real system 

 

SIGH

I misread your previous comment calm down.

Edited by JonRedcorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ever since I got the small update I can't play the game anymore. I press play and it shows the splash screen and the loading bar but the game crashes before it loads.

Can't even get to the main menu.

Launching from Steam if that makes a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2019 at 12:21 AM, Venturi said:

Gagarin did one 108min flight - some will argue if it was a complete orbit. And Glenn did three, a greater technical feat as the orbit then had to be more stable (as one orbit could be an apogee trajectory).

 

Vostok 2 (Titov) did 17 orbits - before Glenn's flight.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Legioneod said:

Ever since I got the small update I can't play the game anymore. I press play and it shows the splash screen and the loading bar but the game crashes before it loads.

Can't even get to the main menu.

Launching from Steam if that makes a difference.

Have you already tried with the standalone launcher?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Nice! Great to hear we are including more 4K skins over time. I'd really love to see this done all the way back to the BOS planes such as LaGG3.

Edited by Jade_Monkey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Nice! Great to hear we are including more 4K skins over time. I'd really love to see this done all the way back to the BOS planes such as LaGG3.

 

As I have said many times. This is our goal, but will take time.

 

Jason

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be very happy about an update of the weapon group 3 for the HS129 😉

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update.

Hopefully, all planes will receive more textures and skins. It would be amazing if some of the other textures from the community were also included someday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

 

As I have said many times. This is our goal, but will take time.

 

Jason

 

Just FYI the basic Spitfire skin is still inaccurate to those used by the RAF for the duration of our campaign after January 3rd 1945 as pictured below. It should have a black nose, no belly band and Type C1 roundels. The skin that we do have with the existing roundels should feature invasion stripes on the bottom of the fuselage or fuselage and wings depending on time period - as currently marked it displays a Spitfire from May 1944 at the latest, much earlier than the time period of Battle of Bodenplatte.

 

GsxRfp4.png

 

image.png.b6611ccac1782eb077a25437350c342a.png

 

image.thumb.png.311e337e486dce3a0e866a35d9d4dec8.png

 

 

Edited by Talon_
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I dont know if is a server thing. But I just update and go to the wings of liberty and I got plenty of bugs. GPS not working, planes spawning and getting destroyed on the same spot, the turn back, map limit text when bailing...

I guess that is becuase the servers did not update or something. 

Edited by E69_geramos109

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...