Ala13_Antiguo

A20 navigator position?

A20 navigator position?
Hello
Since the beginning of this fantastic saga, the ALA 13 squad, we have flown the bomber planes with great satisfaction.
HE 111, JU88, PE2 .... but we miss a paramount detail in a large plane, A20 the position of the nose, or navigation.
A member of the community has developed a MOD, in that position, but it is restricted in most of the servers.
I think that many pilots want that "position-nose".
I ask: are there plans to implement it officially? (by the development team).

Please, if you do not plan to implement it, please reconsider your position.

Greetings to the whole community

Ala 13 Antiguo , Ala 13 Kokakolo , Ala13 Chinodecai , Ala13 Merodeador , Ala13 armanGt , Ala13 Super , Ala 13 Unopauno , Ala 13 Enanorrojo , Ala13 Knightcrow , Ala13 AnacondaTiesa , Ala13 Cordobita , Ala13 Juanjo1967

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 10

great idea! in the he 111 a friend usually took the nose gunner position and guided drops and basic navigation! Great help to have a player there! 

I made an identical thread about an year ago.

The response by several senior members of the forum was that it was not necessary because the bombsight can be accessed from the pilot's seat and the navigator/bombardier does not fire any gun.

Not a good reason imho. Navigating and target aproach requires a good view of the terrain below and ahead, and from the pilot's seat it is not so good. It's not impossible too, but it is less then ideal and, after all, the view is the reason why the navigator/bombardier sat there behind a wondrous pexiglass bubble anyway. So why dispense with it? Of course: dev priorites. We know. Ok, ok. But that omission was a bad one, in my oppinion.

I think it still is a needed improvement on the otherwise WONDERFUL Havoc. Hope to see it someday.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I would pay good money for the ability to properly hand over control of the aircraft to the navigator for bomb-runs. Bombers are seriously neglected in the BoX series.

3 hours ago, Leifr said:

I would pay good money for the ability to properly hand over control of the aircraft to the navigator for bomb-runs. Bombers are seriously neglected in the BoX series.

And that sadly shows with the Battle of Bodenplatte not showcasing any (besides the B25 but that is an AI only plane (for now))

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

A partner developed a MOD, it is fantastic, but it can not be used in most of the servers. (It is in the MOD section)
I do not think it is very difficult to implement the position of the navigator in the A20.
Another thing is the official willingness to do it.
I ask that you include it in a patch please ... I think it would be fantastic for the users that enjoy the bomber planes.

Godspeed :   we need more bombers ....wowwoww.....YES 

regards

Edited by Ala13_Antiguo
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ala13_Antiguo said:

A partner developed a MOD, it is fantastic, but it can not be used in most of the servers. (It is in the MOD section)
I do not think it is very difficult to implement the position of the navigator in the A20.
Another thing is the official willingness to do it.
I ask that you include it in a patch please ... I think it would be fantastic for the users that enjoy the bomber planes.

Godspeed :   we need more bombers ....wowwoww.....YES 

regards

Could you link the mod here?

I have been focusing on bombers since 1946.
In the BOS era, I was surprised at the fineness of the machine gunner's seat.
But unfortunately, so far we have used a streamlined bomber interface.
I hope I can return to the correct bomber one day.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ala13_Enanorojo said:

It seems that this does not arouse interest.

So sad!.

Like Soooo many of these threads asking for new things,  this is not about people saying they have no interest.  Ask them whether they want this to appear in the next update or to have no update and they will say 'Yes please!'   Ask them if they would like an A20 cockpit or to get the 262 three months earlier and they will say 'F*ck A20 Nav Positions. Hurry up with that 262.'  🙂     You cannot have both. When the 262 is finished we will all be whining about waiting for the P38 etc.
If they do an A20 nav position it will have to have all the indicators and switches moving which is a lot of work.  It will also have to be perfect from all angles because we have VR and people are not viewing from one fixed position. Though you may not realise it,  that is not easy.   If you were to take any aircraft from most non VR flight sims and view it from the inside using a free camera you would see gaps in the fuselage at the joins.  The extra work is the reason why bombers with turrets take so much longer to make than a fighter.  It is the reason why in all combat flight sims you will see new bombers appear in AI form looking perfect and with correct flight models then have to wait another 6 months before you get a flyable version, if you ever do.    There are limited development resources and they are spent in order of importance.  I would love an A20 nav position or manable AAA guns or the ability to leave my crashed aircraft and sneak back across the lines on foot dodging enemy patrols but I accept that delivering promised new aircraft and fixing bugs etc. must take priority.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex
  • Upvote 1

If the upcoming  B25 does become flyable, me thinks it will be difficult to leave out the bombardier position then. Maybe this will create renewed interest for this A20 issue too - though I dont remember if we are getting the solid nose B25.

@56RAF_Roblex you are right of course. But it is just that a mannable position in this particular case is such an important navigation tool, that it seems weird that it was left out at all, and does not seem to make it high in the priority to-do list.

There are a lot of seemingly obvious features that have been sacrificed to financial/resource expediency I guess. The flip side is we wouldn't have anything at all otherwise, so it's not so hard to grin and bear it.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

HI

I believe that it is not asking for something "new", it is asking for something that is left aside and very important for a bomber player and for the bombers themselves ...... the position of the navigator.

regards

Edited by Ala13_Antiguo
  • Upvote 1

Guest deleted@32648

Exactly. Attention to navigation and bomb aiming for bombers please!

Generic bomb sights

Missing bomber crew positions

Poor target object distance visibility

No crew in the career

all make the bomber experience poor.

I'd have rather had the above addressed than new flame effects, pilot models, and er, all of tank crew.

But, of course just an opinion, and judging by the direction taken by the game, I accept I'm likely to see these sort of things arrive somewhere between 5 years from now and never.

On 4/3/2019 at 10:03 AM, Uninstalled said:

Exactly. Attention to navigation and bomb aiming for bombers please!

Generic bomb sights

Missing bomber crew positions

Poor target object distance visibility

No crew in the career

all make the bomber experience poor.

I'd have rather had the above addressed than new flame effects, pilot models, and er, all of tank crew.

But, of course just an opinion, and judging by the direction taken by the game, I accept I'm likely to see these sort of things arrive somewhere between 5 years from now and never.

Tank Crew is being outsourced to another group, so its development doesn't have any effect on IL2. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I am in favour of adding the navigator/ bomber position to the A20. Thank you for posting.

Edited by [DBS]El_Marta

I believe there are 2 reasons why the bombardier position isn't playable in the A-20:

1. Time, money and resources

2. Unlike IL-2 1946 and CoD which use the historical  bombsight for the type of aircraft; BoX aircraft use a default bomb sight, making the bombardier position not necessary. The bombardiers in the other bombers were also gunners.  I strongly feel that the devs need to implement the historical bomb sights and make it so that when for example you jump to the Nose gunner of a Ju-88 and access the bombsight by pushing Shift F1.

But yeah, the bombsight of the A-20 is a must need because it's accessible in IL-2 1946.