Sign in to follow this  
KG_S_MrFies

Binoculars for tank commanders

Hello.

It would be really helpfull and cool if we would get  Binoculars for the  Tank Commander because they had those in real life  ;D 

greetings

• Upvote 8

I don't think so.  It's just tanks and a map initially but if you hang in there long enough there might be some binoculars and other gameplay elements later on. 

Commander Binoculars would be very helpfull.. with varying degrees of necessary effort..

Starting from an added cam zoom level with a black outline overlay (easy) to added animations (if and after crew modelling is added) going direclty to that overzoom with an intro/outro animation and a more sophisticated bino overlay modelling..

Or am I wrong?

It will be very useful to find the range of an enemy through binoculars (they had a reticle to estimate the distance). And you can move faster than with the gun to watch around you... I think that having to find shooting range is an essential part of tank fighting (exactly as they had to do during the war).

Imho, I can't imagine playing tank without them... of course, only if you play without HUD ;)

...and this is one of the two reasons I don't buy Tank Crew yet... I will wait to see how it will be in the future (without me if it will be like War Thunder, too "arcadish")... The other reason is that I play in VR and I don't want to be forced to play with mouse !!

Salutations,

One doesn't have to participate in Tank Crew using a mouse to aim the cannons. I currently have things set up to use my joystick for this function. :salute:

Hi Thad,

Yes, I saw that you're using JoyToKey for it but I don't want another third party program (I already have one for my G940, one for the sound with bass shakers, one for the Oculus and another one for the Debug Tool, etc...). Already a way too much for my taste ! :)

But thanks for your advice. I hope the dev would take care of that and allow us one day to use what we want for driving, aiming and fighting !

Are there plans to give binoculars to tank commanders so that they can use them to spot and identify targets and friendlies when unbuttoned as it was common for German tank commanders to be issued binoculars while Soviet tank commanders usually lacked binoculars and were trained to operated buttoned up when in combat(at least according to this). But I think adding binoculars will help with situational awareness and help prevent players from accidentally firing on distant friendlies. 

54744fdfe53056190faec420747c032d.jpg

• Upvote 7

yes Binoculars very important for Tank commander.

I wish Binos in game and no mouse zoom in full real game mode.

same for the "view through the glass" now it is very bad sight to oudside

Yeah, but I bet it will be locked.

Lots of similar comments/requests on previous threads....

Posted (edited)

I would like some sticky bombs and smoke grenades as well!:rolleyes:

Edited by RIVALDO
  • Like 1

I commanded a tank for years... never got in one without my bino's...

• Upvote 4

On 3/24/2019 at 11:35 AM, Trooper117 said:

I commanded a tank for years... never got in one without my bino's...

Spoiler

man-with-thick-dark-glasses.jpg&f=1

Sorry couldn't resist 😂

• Haha 1

Any update to this? I find it very ineffective to scroll to zoom in as it takes ages for me.

On 4/26/2019 at 3:45 PM, theswede2 said:

it takes ages for me.

....simply adkist your mouse zoom wheel speed ....

Binoculars in the game now have no sense because of current FOV's adjustment system for gunner and commаnder.

Field of view for gunner is unrealistic wide and zoomable. Same with commander's FOV.

I could even say that now we can fight without commander at all - that wide and zoomable now gunner's FOV is.

First of all devs should narrow FOV for gunner and fix zoom settings accroding to historic data.

For example 

T-34 had gunsight TOD-6 (fixed zoom x2.5, FOV angle 26°)

Pz-III-M had TZF5e (5cm KwK39, zoom x2.4, FOV angle 25°)

On the other hand such extreme modification will totally change whole gameplay and should implement only after evaluating every pro et contra.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SCG_Neun said:

bino.jpg

Nice Mod 😎

Adding binos would be great, prefer to use my commander as much as possible to get a good all around view of the field around me.

Also something that should be added: Being able to change visors and gunners visor, as it is now: one machine gun round or shell hit can shatter the gunners aiming visor and then you cant hit anything, and only choice now is to abandon the tank as it cant kill anything, while in reality you could change the visor and be bakc into action after a short moment of replacing the visor.

I got a visor repair the other day...I'm almost sure of it.