Han

Developer Diary 219 - Discussion

6 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Mustang... Nice, but not beautiful.

Take that back!

6 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

262... Like a shark, beautiful, but predatory.

Come online and the Shark will blow you out of the sky.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

3 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Spitfire... Beautiful.

Tempest... Not beautiful, but thuggish and dangerous looking.

109 - Lovely and sinister. 👍

Great update and 2 lovely birds, 3 if you include the kite from WW1.

Pity that clip from Empire of the Sun is in the wrong aspect ratio, no justice to the actual scene.  Good film and who'd have though where the lead would end up.  Best Batman - not to mention his better films.

As for lack of American Birds to fly - what the????

P39, P40, A20 so far with P47 now and P51 and P38 to come along as well.  Not bad I say. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Taste are different but as being an old man now, back in the mid 80s, I, as an young student seeing this bird and I did even touched it. I was very impressed to the beautiful lines, all the proportions were right, as if this was not made for fighting but for pure eyecandy  and I did even compare it to an Ferrari design. 

I do hope by releasing this US bird the sales will be  raised to an record. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Separate.

Jason

That’s interesting, why separate (not complaining)?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Soilworker said:

Anyone else cringe when they see people call the P-51 "the 'Stang"? 😅

also

"Spit"

"Mossie"

"Fortress"

"Experten & hakenwhateverthefook" 

• Haha 1

Nice to see the new planes, and looking forward to flying them.

What I would really like to see more than new planes, and willing to pay for ,its some fuel management,  engine management, and some more detailed systems damage.

This is what gives longevity to the game and makes it more immersive more than anything.

Most guys I fly with are burnt out and bored even with all the planes we have at the moment.

New planes and maps will give new life to the game for sure.

But is anything else planned along with the new planes and maps?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

That’s interesting, why separate (not complaining)?

Also curious if that will be case for the engine variations on the Bristol Fighter, and Halberstadt. Cl.II

3 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

Spitfire... Beautiful.

Tempest... Not beautiful, but thuggish and dangerous looking.

Spitfire.....british touch of class, elegant

Mustang....a crazy horse, used to long rides, savage

Tempest .....the grizzly, it just destroys you with a hit of his heavy paw

262  ..... as per above the shark, its bite is just terrible (4x30mm cannons)

1 hour ago, Rolling_Thunder said:

hakenwhateverthefook

One would need an enormous schwanzstucker to even qualify uttering words like that.

30 minutes ago, catchthefoxes said:

airplanes are airplanes and they fly :umnik2:

You forgot to add... ''they also drop out of the sky''

Posted (edited)

The Mustang's appearance = Don't run ,you will only die tired !

Edited by Frequent_Flyer

13 hours ago, Soilworker said:

Anyone else cringe when they see people call the P-51 "the 'Stang"? 😅

Only thing that really irks me is the American names for Japanese aircraft, especially "Zeke", ugh. Just call it a Zero!

• Upvote 1

On 3/15/2019 at 10:27 AM, Rjel said:

Glad to see some work in progress shots of the Mustang. It's a minor quibble but the air vents on the bottom of the nose aren't shaped correctly for a D model. They weren't a rounded rectangle.

Air Vent.jpg

That would be the filtered alternate air inlet.  Some WW2 Mustangs had that source deleted and and the perforated panel replaced with a solid panel because ... RACEPLANE!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, chuter said:

That would be the filtered alternate air inlet.  Some WW2 Mustangs had that source deleted and and the perforated panel replaced with a solid panel because ... RACEPLANE!

True enough. But that's not what's shown on the model posted. It's a minor issue to be sure, but it isn't correct as pictured. It was also shaped as the one with the holes in it.

P-51 Vent.jpg

Edited by Rjel
Added photo

On 3/16/2019 at 3:29 AM, 71st_AH_Yankee_ said:

I'll just leave that here. :)

And don't laugh at the kid... remember: he's Batman.

Child's batman -_^

2 hours ago, =621=Samikatz said:

Only thing that really irks me is the American names for Japanese aircraft, especially "Zeke", ugh. Just call it a Zero!

I have no problem with "Zeke"...I use it when I type sometimes,  although when speaking I always say Zero.

4 hours ago, =621=Samikatz said:

Wasn't the reason to simplify identification of Japanese aircraft? Male names for fighters and female names for bombers? 

17 hours ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

What I would really like to see more than new planes, and willing to pay for ,its some fuel management,  engine management, and some more detailed systems damage.

This is what gives longevity to the game and makes it more immersive more than anything.

Most guys I fly with are burnt out and bored even with all the planes we have at the moment.

Have you not seen the improvements that have come in the last year (seriously look in the patch notes) how do you think these are funded? Maybe from the sales of new things? Introducing improved detonation model for engines and more detailed fuel management (and much more) have been part of  the plans for a long time. 

Selling 'extra features' would be financial suicide and bring massive pushback, and split player base with those who would not want to pay for more detailed system management. 

New aircraft and modules bring improvements.. It is not rocket science just sound business sense

Cheers, Dakpilot 

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, Dakpilot said:

Then maybe learn how to manage the ME and build scenarios? 

It's still a company they have to run and not a wishing well.

5 hours ago, Dakpilot said:

Have you not seen the improvements that have come in the last year (seriously look in the patch notes) how do you think these are funded? Maybe from the sales of new things? Introducing improved detonation model for engines and more detailed fuel management (and much more) have been part of  the plans for a long time. 

Selling 'extra features' would be financial suicide and bring massive pushback, and split player base with those who would not want to pay for more detailed system management. 

New aircraft and modules bring improvements.. It is not rocket science just sound business sense

Cheers, Dakpilot 

Yes and I buy everything they make.

New planes , new tanks, WWI planes, time passes, I just dont see any progress in the engine management department, fuel management, or systems damage.

Small team, very busy and no time, so will those features ever be done? 

11 minutes ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

Yes and I buy everything they make.

New planes , new tanks, WWI planes, time passes, I just dont see any progress in the engine management department, fuel management, or systems damage.

Small team, very busy and no time, so will those features ever be done? 

Go check out the russian forum they seem to be working on some interesting things for sure, petrovich is much more active over there.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

More detailed fuel systems and engine mechanics (such as preignition) have been on the todo list for quite a while because they require great effort. It's also said in the past dev diaries that the engineers spend a lot of time creating entriely new systems (turbocharger, jet engines) and improving high velocity (Mach) effects for all aircraft ingame. That's quite remarkable considering they're simultaneously developing 10 aircrafts (FC included).

Edited by 6./ZG26_5tuka

4 hours ago, JonRedcorn said:

Go check out the russian forum they seem to be working on some interesting things for sure, petrovich is much more active over there.

Have you seen any discussions there about new features, such as the new Air Mashall?  I am really starved for information about how it is developing.

7 minutes ago, NO_SQDeriku777 said:

the new Air Mashall

Sorry if a bit off topic but what is that "Air Marshall" thing that people talk about from time to time?

Have a nice day.

24 minutes ago, FlyingShark said:

Sorry if a bit off topic but what is that "Air Marshall" thing that people talk about from time to time?

Have a nice day.

from my understanding, it is kind of a special position for one player on each side. that one player has access to additional information on the going ons currently in the mission (reconaissance and such) and has tools to "organise" the team (tells them to go defend bombers at XY, assigns ground targets to bombers &c.)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, EpeeNoire said:

from my understanding, it is kind of a special position for one player on each side. that one player has access to additional information on the going ons currently in the mission (reconaissance and such) and has tools to "organise" the team (tells them to go defend bombers at XY, assigns ground targets to bombers &c.)

OK, thank you. 

Sounds interesting.

Have a nice day.

On 3/16/2019 at 1:53 PM, II./JG77_motoadve said:

I for one totally agree with you motoadve. I've been with IL2 right from the start and I know i'm going to get roasted for saying this but here we go!  I think the new planes look awesome as are all the planes in game and dynamically the game is second to none , but i'm still waiting for the single player experience. The damage model is pretty awful , systems damage is far to basic . Also the quick mission builder is just not up to scratch . I know this will upset most of you but  I'm a paying customer , i don't want to think of what great battles has cost me so far and although i will carry on giving my support i'm still waiting for the game!

• Like 2

On 3/15/2019 at 3:29 PM, 71st_AH_Yankee_ said:

I'll just leave that here. :)

And don't laugh at the kid... remember: he's Batman.

It freaked me out when I realized that that was Batman.

That P-51 looks GREAT!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bearcat said:

It freaked me out when I realized that that was Batman.

That P-51 looks GREAT!

He is well known for gaining and losing weight.  He really went out of his way for that movie!@

1 hour ago, AeroAce said:

He is well known for gaining and losing weight.  He really went out of his way for that movie!@

Yeah, but losing 30 and gaining thirty years? That's a helluva trick!

The FokkerD.VIIF in RoF had much more of the engine showing, which was pretty neat and it set itself apart visually from the regular D.VII. The picture in the diary shows the engine cover on, does this mean we wont see all the pretty details of the engine this time? 

cQVhRRC.png

Posted (edited)

As I recall the engine coweling was controlled by the alpha channel, so some skins would have, others did not. 

Edited by thenorm
  • Upvote 2

I can't wait to fly the Dora, but i am rather taken with that tempest...

either way Der Entdecker will fly again!

22 hours ago, Field-Ops said:

The FokkerD.VIIF in RoF had much more of the engine showing, which was pretty neat and it set itself apart visually from the regular D.VII. The picture in the diary shows the engine cover on, does this mean we wont see all the pretty details of the engine this time? 

cQVhRRC.png

You can choose from either open or closed cowling in the loadout

• Upvote 1

On 3/16/2019 at 2:27 PM, Rolling_Thunder said:

also

"Spit"

"Mossie"

"Fortress"

"Experten & hakenwhateverthefook" 

But you have to admit the Stang looks like the Stangiest Stang of all Stangs.