Jollymann64

Having BOS and BOM versions as a whole

I read that you can keep BOS and BOM (or any other campaign) as separate games or have them as a combined package.  Once you've got both downloaded and running is there anything special you have to do to have them combined for campaigns especially?  For me having BOM second, I'd like to see if I can have the same career character simply move though both and not simply stop at the end of the earlier 1941 campaign.  I kept looking for something for combining on the install but I didn't see anything.  Thus the question here.

DMJ

Edited by Jollymann64

I can't think of any sensible reasons for trying to install BoS and BoM as 'separate games'. That isn't how the registration and installation procedure is supposed to work, and doing so will achieve nothing beyond making things difficult for yourself, limiting which aircraft are available to you, and wasting disk space. Buy new content with your existing account, and you will keep it all together.

I've done it on accident (still not sure how) but yeah it's utterly useless and caused me all sorts of confusion before I fixed it.

OK well, that's what I wanted in the first place.  There was some note to the effect of the separate vs. combined in the descriptions on the IL-2 page.  I just wanted to make sure that I was getting at whatever I had to do it make sure they were combined and I could play them combined.

As you buy more product you can mix and match planes and maps.  Many planes were in use on multiple maps, or at least they would make a decent substitute (Example: I use Stuka Ds on the Moscow map regardless of whether the D was there or not).  If you somehow install separately you lose this ability.

Yeah I had no intention of installing separately.  It's all together.  I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I had missed regarding having campaigns combined for the best experience.

To clarify, when you make an acount and download the game, you DOWNLOAD THE WHOLE GAME, it doesn´t mater if you own BoS or BoM or BoK,  or 2 of them, or all of them .
All the data is already on your pc, and when you buy a new "DLC" you get the access to new planes, maps, etc. but you dont need to download new data...
SO, if you are using the same acount (same registered name/pasword) you already have  everything merged on a single install.

I hope this help.

• Like 1