Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, stupor-mundi said:

A thing that really annoys me is the assumption that players use the old T34 because of an assumed deficient DM.

It seems like this guy never heard about rear armor bug... Never saw it when his teammates use it. Never got dozen 88-mm hits at poit blank 200 m and stayed alive.

PS - and now another surprize - bugged old Т-34 can easily keep up with Pz-IVG at long ranges. Though Pz-IVG has more powerful gun and thiker front armor!

Miraculo!)

Edited by Lofte
  • Upvote 1

I suggest adding one airfield spawn for both sides further from the action area in the "k3" mission (IIRC, the one where action is in Krymskaya area).

Not much fun today, the Germans all took airplanes ...

come on guys, this is basically a tank server ... grab a tank and fight like a real man !

It's a bit sad to constantly just throw some bombs on a tank, take a tank and take on the challenge

Posted (edited)

Would suggest all those who like tanking should play on the finnish virtual pilots server as they removed the free tanks and uses more realistic battle setup instead of caping flags and uneven map locations where one side(mostly russian) have all advantages. Seeing sherman blow up in a big explosion is something one can see there 😄 More realistic server too, although they are new to tanking but its improving.

Edited by judgedeath3
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, 1.JaVA_KEBEN said:

Not much fun today, the Germans all took airplanes ...

come on guys, this is basically a tank server ... grab a tank and fight like a real man !

Hmmmm.....I went in a tank about  5 hours ago.....was excited there were 9 players still in the server.  I was the only German player and in I was in a tank....but there were 9 players on the Russian side....with 8 of them flying planes.....thank you for trying to keep it even sided for other players....

....not....

Hope you had fun playing with yourselves...

10 hours ago, judgedeath3 said:

Would suggest all those who like tanking should play on the finnishpilot server as they removed the free tanks and uses more realistic battle setup instead of caping flags and uneven map locations where one side(mostly russian) have all advantages. 

I'm going to try to do that....

.....because there is more to this complaint ....that eFront server is a bit rigged to the advantage of Red side...

I enjoy tanking in TC and this is the server where most of the tanking has been supported....so I don't like speaking in an unsupportive way....but I have seen the server settings set previously in the following way that is to the advantage of Red players.  I know because I from time to time play both sides. 

On SOME of the e-front missions....

When first entering the server, players are able to click on the map and see how many BLUE players are at each base.....tank and air alike... BUT when you click on  RED fields you are unable to see player distribution.  Hmmmmm.....

Now this is not accidental....it's specific server settings....and not the same for both sides.... supporting the claim that the server is biased to advantage the Red side....

....the server operator is free to do this and in all fairness perhaps it was to introduce a kind of balance to the almighty Tiger tank when it was introduced thatthe server op felt was necessary....and that is his right....or for whatever other reason he may have ....it's his server and his right....

Now to be fair,  I notice there are now settings to delay switching sides...but that only kicks in once you have selected a side...and it tends to allow you a peek on both sides when first entering the server.

Edited by J5_Baeumer
spelling

Posted (edited)
15 часов назад, J5_Baeumer сказал:

On SOME of the e-front missions....

When first entering the server, players are able to click on the map and see how many BLUE players are at each base.....tank and air alike... BUT when you click on  RED fields you are unable to see player distribution.  Hmmmmm.....

Now this is not accidental....it's specific server settings....and not the same for both sides.... supporting the claim that the server is biased to advantage the Red side....

Maybe I didn’t understand something from what was written ...

Here are two pictures for red and blue ...

Everything is seen...

Скрытый текст

2019_8_18__17_29_55.jpg

Скрытый текст

2019_8_18__17_30_20.jpg

Edited by 63RUS_WorM

There's no control over whether to show how many players are active on a given spawn point.

I wish there was a control to block the kind of side switching @J5_Baeumer is referring to. It's basically because the game doesn't assign you a side until you have spawned in. I think the devs are aware of this issue.

Posted (edited)

Tonight again very much enjoyed this server , keep up the good work  !

Edited by 1.JaVA_KEBEN
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, 63RUS_WorM said:

Server on vacation.
For a week ....:drink2: :dance:

Please don't
Принимаете ли вы предложения по миссиям?

• Like 1

Well those who want to do tanking, can play against me and others in finnish virtual pilots server 😄

On 8/17/2019 at 12:06 PM, judgedeath3 said:

as they removed the free tanks

I'm out 😔

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, judgedeath3 said:

Well those who want to do tanking, can play against me and others in finnish virtual pilots server 😄

Nice server ...but now its night … no fun

A week no Efront … noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

3 minutes ago, LUZITANO said:

I'm out 😔

i like the old T34 . he is fast en works fine .

Against a tiger its a little problem , then you canbetter take the new T34 … but i can handle a tiger with the old T34.

The new T34 is a nice tank , only the turret is real shit  ( slow response , from out to inside )  It cost a few seconds and thats to slow !

In  battle you are Always to late..... make the responce faster and it is a nice tank

Edited by 1.JaVA_KEBEN
  • Upvote 1

Night time missions? Oh wow! Gonna end up like the Action Dogfight and Tanks server I'm afraid .

Is it true that the new T-34 can be killed in it's rear faster than the old one?:ph34r:

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, RIVALDO said:

Night time missions? Oh wow! Gonna end up like the Action Dogfight and Tanks server I'm afraid .

Is it true that the new T-34 can be killed in it's rear faster than the old one?:ph34r:

Yep its true ,,, in some mission they got you in a few seconds in the rear

The old t34 had also a broken engine then  , but not  catch fire … and then with the low response of the turret …. pppffffttt ..no fun at all .

Then fighting with a tiger …. no fun on that point  ..when this is not fixed i stop with the online missions  .

The difference with the tiger is now so great that it is no longer fun. the tiger is already a problem with the old T34, but with the new one it is almost impossible to catch.

Edited by 1.JaVA_KEBEN

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 1.JaVA_KEBEN said:

Yep its true ,,, in some mission they got you in a few seconds in the rear

The old t34 had also a broken engine then  , but not  catch fire … and then with the low response of the turret …. pppffffttt ..no fun at all .

Then fighting with a tiger …. no fun on that point  ..when this is not fixed i stop with the online missions  .

The difference with the tiger is now so great that it is no longer fun. the tiger is already a problem with the old T34, but with the new one it is almost impossible to catch.

Tigers are not hard to defeat in this game. Give me any red tank, I will kill Tigers all day long. There is only a handful of good players that survive in Tigers for a long period and kill many T34's. You can fire HE at their front armor from any range and jam their guns very often. Tigers are strong only if you fire AP at their front armor. Keep playing the game more you will eventually realise how fragile Tigers are. They die very easily from side armor hits. Ask yourself how many times do Tigers save the blue team on EFront server? Answer is blue team still loses despite Tigers.

Edited by Torrens
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Torrens said:

Tigers are not hard to defeat in this game. Give me any red tank, I will kill Tigers all day long. There is only a handful of good players that survive in Tigers for a long period and kill many T34's. You can fire HE at their front armor from any range and jam their guns very often. Tigers are strong only if you fire AP at their front armor. Keep playing the game more you will eventually realise how fragile Tigers are. They die very easily from side armor hits. Ask yourself how many times do Tigers save the blue team on EFront server? Answer is blue team still loses despite Tigers.

Torrens, I am not afraid of a tiger at all and I have defeated enough ... sometimes three in a row.

The problem is the operation of the new T34.

Imagine ; You look outside the tower and you see a goal, then you have to go inside to aim because that does not work from the outside. Due to the slow response of the visor, you lose about 3 to 4 seconds (that's too much) Then you also have to turn the tower to the target .. again 3 seconds. If you add that together, you will have lost at least 4 to 6 seconds to focus on your goal ..... That is very, very long!

If I take the old T34, and I am already aiming outside my head towards the target, then I go inside and have a direct view of my sight. Also direct direct from my tower. This action costs me less than 2 seconds.

That the new T34 has a faster  broken engine, far too slow in its reaction (from outside the tank, to reaction in sight) is the reason for me to always take the old T34.

The responds well and is free of bugs, while the new T34 is still full of bugs. Take the sherman, for example, in the gunner position your frame time is going to run very badly .. again another bug.

If you take a tiger, it works really well. Apart from the fact that a tiger is pretty easy to beat, it works without bugs and that plays a lot better.

The moment the new T34 is free of all those annoying bugs, I want to switch, but as long as it isn't .......... I grab the old T34

I also played enough in a tiger, so know the tiger  feels good and if you use it a bit smart you can easily handle all other enemy tanks ... it's tactics and not brutal violence. ;-)

Edited by 1.JaVA_KEBEN

I appreciate the EFront server and I have had some good fun playing WoRM's missions. I am glad he is creating missions providing to the community and to be true: For me it is THE ONLY SERVER for serious tanking. (I hope Action DF & tanks or the Finish don't get me wrong).

But - aside to the always prominent IL2 wonder weapon -  I am losing interest more and more because of that long train of "bugs". You can kill a tiger better with HE than AP? Sorry, that could be just a joke. The Tigers main gun is out of service after 2nd hit, the tracks are broken by first hit almost always, AT guns hit you through forest or hillls, a turret that returns to 12oc position (again) and so on ... 

From my point of view the problem is the changing "reality" from update to update. that state of unfinished development and the mix of tanks from two different development stages. Meanwhile I doubt the strategy of releasing a project of work in progress for such a very long time. Obviously this status is transferring to the missions and i believe its not an easy job to build challenging missions. I can really understand why players chose the HE over the AP or  the old T-34 over the new one, why, shouldn't you use an inferior version of the weapon? But that's my point. I am hoping for a "final" reality considering all historical facts and playability. And I hope this day is near or I guess this project Tank Crew will die before its final release.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

80-90% red players play with vanila T-34 :rolleyes:

Edited by saldy
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 1.JaVA_KEBEN said:

Torrens, I am not afraid of a tiger at all and I have defeated enough ... sometimes three in a row.

The problem is the operation of the new T34.

Imagine ; You look outside the tower and you see a goal, then you have to go inside to aim because that does not work from the outside. Due to the slow response of the visor, you lose about 3 to 4 seconds (that's too much) Then you also have to turn the tower to the target .. again 3 seconds. If you add that together, you will have lost at least 4 to 6 seconds to focus on your goal ..... That is very, very long!

If I take the old T34, and I am already aiming outside my head towards the target, then I go inside and have a direct view of my sight. Also direct direct from my tower. This action costs me less than 2 seconds.

That the new T34 has a faster  broken engine, far too slow in its reaction (from outside the tank, to reaction in sight) is the reason for me to always take the old T34.

The responds well and is free of bugs, while the new T34 is still full of bugs. Take the sherman, for example, in the gunner position your frame time is going to run very badly .. again another bug.

If you take a tiger, it works really well. Apart from the fact that a tiger is pretty easy to beat, it works without bugs and that plays a lot better.

The moment the new T34 is free of all those annoying bugs, I want to switch, but as long as it isn't .......... I grab the old T34

I also played enough in a tiger, so know the tiger  feels good and if you use it a bit smart you can easily handle all other enemy tanks ... it's tactics and not brutal violence. 😉

You don't have to keep your hatch open with the new T34. You can use the periscope view and turn it around 360 degrees without turning your turret. This is what the periscope is designed for. You can look around just as fast as with the hatch open. If you are trying to spot enemy tanks with hatch open and only close it when you see something, you are operating the tank incorrectly. If you use the periscope correctly and with good care, you can be more effective with the new T34 than the old version while also not exposing your commander to enemy fire. The only reason to use the old T34 is it's broken damage model and simplicity in using the turret with the hatch open. It is not faster than the new T34 they move at same speed. It is not better but it is more simple and unrealistic so you might find it easier to use. If devs ever add interior to the old T34, you will be angry about the same issue when you drive old T34.

But you have to give it a serious attempt. When you use the perisope to turn the turret, there are issues with it being too sensitive but you can work around this. Turn down your mouse sensitivity or zoom in slightly to negate the sensitivity. Always keep calm and don't yank the mouse all over the place as soon as you see an enemy. We all have a natural reaction to quickly spin the mouse when we try to fire before the blue tanks. Don't be that guy.

Edited by Torrens
  • Upvote 5

On 8/25/2019 at 6:00 AM, saldy said:

80-90% red players play with vanila T-34 :rolleyes:

95% of the blue players use the Tiger only :bye:

Played on Finnish server all day yesterday. A handful of tankers.Mostly planes. Got rammed twice by the blue pilots.Called them kamikazes jokingly. Got threatened to be kicked out and banned for that.Wow! After all of those months of  arguing over ramming tanks i was rammed twice in one hour! Nice! So  it isn't against the rules on this server! I know a couple of red pilots who will be thrilled about it!!!:fly:

15 hours ago, RIVALDO said:

So  it isn't against the rules on this server!

http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/info/
"No ramming/kamikaze on tanks with planes."

I was in comms with those two pilots, was not intentional. If you encounter more ramming, please provide video/tracks of the incidents to gameserver@virtualpilots.fi so we can deal with them.

Attention EFront server is back!!! Let's have our good old fun again!!! Whiners can join as well!!!!!:biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Allways the same on this "Tankserver".

To many Red Players in the Air (9x Player, 5 flying) not interrestet for Blue Tank Player.

Great fun !  

Keep up the good work !

A lot of good players , great server !

2019_9_4__19_42_30.jpg

Edited by 1.JaVA_KEBEN
  • Upvote 1

Okay?  Grow up from what, saying typical match as in: you and stupir mundir got some good stats there and most russian players have good results and won the match based from that screenshot and seen it happen often and is always a challenge to play against.
dunno how I said something disrespectful, I could had been more clear with what I wanted to bring out I realise now and apologize for that.

Edited by judgedeath3

On 4/1/2019 at 4:35 AM, KARAYA1 said:

If a enemy tank have manage to get to our flag, are capturing it and spawnkill our team it's a different story, the spawn in then overrunned and we should retreat. But when we manage to hold off the enemy tanks from the flag and even when there is no enemy tank near our spawn or base, we often get spawnkilled from the air... We don't even get to start the damn engine most of the time... And if we retreat, there is just a 30 sek flight for the spawn bombers to fly to find us again at the other spawn. 

I get that there might be a bug, maybe, but It's a BIG difference between a plane blowing up above a tank by it's ones bombs and having NO BOMBS LEFT and then drive the damn plane in to the tank!

Remember it sometimes take us tankers +30 min to get to the front in the heavy tanks and if the bombers can't hit us with the bombs, and the tankers can't stop us, maybe we deserve to be there near your base and nibble the flag. Then you must understand that (the ramming that is occurring! Maybe not by you!) Is really pissing people off and less people will fight on the Blue side, especially when the kemikaze pilot respawn in a started new plane on the airfield and is in the air again after just a couple of seconds and we barley make it off our spawn point before they return... 

Regard/K

Well,seems like the BLUE team needs to make up their mind...TO RAM OR NOT TO RAM?💀THAT IS THE QUESTION!😆

Edited by RIVALDO
  • Upvote 1

I think most who mostly play airplanes dont understand how it is for tankers on the ground and is on Rivaldo´s side in this matter that kamikaze attacks shouldnt be allowed, accidents and mistakes Im okay with. How to see difference: The airplane try to bomb and attack you but after he/she has missed, turns around and aims straight at you and dont do any attempts at trying to not hit the ground but goes straight for one.
I agree mostly due to its not a fitting tactic for a simulator game and in ww2 on the eastern front there were no such tactic or doctrine by the red air force nor the german luftwaffe, the pilots did the best they could to get home safe.
Kamikaze attacks is a thing on warthunder and wargaming games but those are arcade and unrealistic games that dont try to simulate ww2, IL-2 is a simulator and should be exactly like ww2, no balancing or fantasy tactics like kamikaze attacks.

IF people havent noticed: Im ww2 expert and is looking for simulator and have the game as near ww2 as possible, no balancing or nerfing/buffing or changing how tanks/airplanes work, what we saw in ww2 should be the same in the game.
Else I play warthunder for more arcade style where no one care for realism.:P

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Salutations,

Unfortunately, there are many that are NOT roleplaying as WWII pilots. They are playing in a unrealistic arcade fashion. 😕

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Can player kicking be caused by client software?

We all know the different variants of players being kicked from a server due to bad ping. The most common one, one player kicked.

Another one, all players kicked. Usually but not always in that case you find that, probably, the server crashed, and a fresh map is up.

But it also happens sometimes that everybody got kicked and the map is still there.

And you can find, after everybody got kicked, sometimes, the server doesn't show up in the list, which players generally take to mean that the server crashed and is still down.

We just had a mission going on with more or less balanced blue/red, and the tide was just turning, with red taking an important base.

Then it looked as if everybody got kicked with bad ping, but afterwards I saw the server on the list, re-joined, saw the map was still up, still in the same state, and spawned. I was IMMEDIATELY attacked by a blue plane at spawn which made me deduce that at least some blue players hadn't been kicked. I looked at stats and found I was the only red player. 6 blue players. No red players re-joined, which led me to guess that potentially the server wasn't visible to them, or didn't let them re-join. I continued for a while but no red players joined. Then I quit.

This all leads me to wonder--are players using client software that can sabotage the server? Is this technically possible?

• Like 2

I can confirm this. Was kicked too along with many others. After rejoining, map was still there (no reboot of map) and some players maybe have stayed there too. I played red side too.

Nevertheless: concerning the discussion about advantages of red and blues. I suggest to take blue or red side depending of players at each side. Means to try to get teams balanced. When I am in the lobby and I see more blue than red than I enter red side.

It makes fun to play both sides. So I can't understand that there may be some players that play only blue or red.

And: does it makes sense, if one side has no players? Or to play in a ratio of 10 to 2? That is no challenge.

So I suggest: try to get teams balanced.

Edited by Fisheye
  • Upvote 1

I wonder whether something can be done, in the misson design, regarding winnability, purely by aircraft?

I was just on the Seversk (I think) mission, the one with the town bridge and the railroad bridge.

I was a very well populated mission, plenty of tanks on both sides. The mission felt like it had just gotten underway--red had got across the bridge initially, then blue got across, but neither of the town bases had been taken by the opposing side yet. The mission seemed to have at least another hour to go until one side would take the opposing town base, and then the back base.

Then all of a sudden it was over, because apparently one aircraft (apparently Zommer) had destroyed lots of back base targets. From a tanker's point of view, it felt like a waste of time. When the next mission (a winter mission) came up, most of the tankers (certainly all the red ones) didn't join, apparently just as annoyed as I was.

I don't know if the game logic (or mission design logic) makes it possible to avoid such an outcome? Would it be possible to apply a factor (for instance 0.5) to the points caused by aircraft? Or to the points caused by destroying stats? Something like that?

Edited by stupor-mundi

Yeah,The Severskaya map is set up in the way that you can win completing  any out of 3 tasks: capture Severskaya and hold it for 40 minutes, capture The tank base 1 or destroy the secondary target by planes...The reds weren't quick enough to intercept the blue plane this time.

As for the issue with being kicked from the server. I myself got kicked multiple times. And when rejoined the game again (same mission and map) realized that not all of the players  on the opposing team got kicked (((

Maybe it's time for the Efront server to put the same limits on the broken DM t34 as they do on the Tiger ?