2 hours ago, Slater said:

Since the is about the e-front server i have a question to anyone who can answer it.

Why is repairs disabled at the e-front server?

is it buggy, some reason it's not possible to repair your tank?  please let us know as i find it very annoying that you need to respawn every time you lose a track. 

They worked until 2 days ago when I last played.

25.06.2019 в 3:13 PM, Slater сказал:

Since the is about the e-front server i have a question to anyone who can answer it.

Why is repairs disabled at the e-front server?

is it buggy, some reason it's not possible to repair your tank?  please let us know as i find it very annoying that you need to respawn every time you lose a track. 

Hi!

Repair on the server works. Turned off the engine, opened the hatch and wait when repaired... (only that yellow). Something like that.

• Thanks 1

Held off a russian T-34 assault and knocked out 4 of them with my panzer III :P Playing panzer III a lot and on average kill 2 for every time I die, so if russians think german players only play tiger wrong!

But when I played today the russians were 8 players and I was alone and worst part is 6 of them were in airplanes, campspawning one like hell, and seems they dont even know english either 😕

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

@63RUS_WorM could you remove the ping limit in the same way that WOL does?
Efront is the main tank server and I can not play with you anymore. People around the world want to play on your server

Posted (edited)
13 часов назад, LUZITANO сказал:

@63RUS_WorM could you remove the ping limit in the same way that WOL does?
Efront is the main tank server and I can not play with you anymore. People around the world want to play on your server

Thank you for choosing E-Front server. ;)

On ping, on the server there is a restriction maxPing = 180. I don't think you're exceeding that limit.

I'll check your ping when you're on the server... (if your ping will be close to 180, I will try to increase this threshold.

Let's see what happens) very often loses connection with master server players, maybe the producers of the game are what work on the server and this is the reason....

It's not my English - it's Yandex Translate. :)

Good luck!

18 часов назад, judgedeath3 сказал:

But when I played today the russians were 8 players and I was alone and worst part is 6 of them were in airplanes, campspawning one like hell

We have different time zones, after 24 hours 🌛 (in Moscow) go "blue" and sometimes more "red".... we're going to bed... 🛏️

18 часов назад, judgedeath3 сказал:

seems they dont even know english either

And you don't even know Russian either... :russian_ru:  joke ;)

It's not my English - it's Yandex Translate. 

Good luck!

Edited by 63RUS_WorM
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

11 hours ago, 63RUS_WorM said:

Thank you for choosing E-Front server. ;)

On ping, on the server there is a restriction maxPing = 180. I don't think you're exceeding that limit.

I'll check your ping when you're on the server... (if your ping will be close to 180, I will try to increase this threshold.

Let's see what happens) very often loses connection with master server players, maybe the producers of the game are what work on the server and this is the reason....

Good luck!

My ping is 340 on Russian servers...
Everybody can laugh. I use a 3mb fiber optic internet from the Amazon rainforest. My ping is really high, but my connection is stable and I usually play smoothly on WOL and Berloga
I believe at least 10 players try to play on Efront, but they get kicked because of ping

EFront-хороший сервер. Спасибо за работу над ним и сделать его еще лучше со временем

18 minutes ago, LUZITANO said:

My ping is 340 on Russian servers...
Everybody can laugh. I use a 3mb fiber optic internet from the Amazon rainforest. My ping is really high, but my connection is stable and I usually play smoothly on WOL and Berloga
I believe at least 10 players try to play on Efront, but they get kicked because of ping

EFront-хороший сервер. Спасибо за работу над ним и сделать его еще лучше со временем

I have the same ping and the same situation. 350 to Moscow, but stable, so I never lag or get kicked

On 7/19/2019 at 5:10 AM, 63RUS_WorM said:

Good luck!

when you increase the ping limit let me know. For the moment I can not play more than 1 minute before being kicked

17 часов назад, LUZITANO сказал:

when you increase the ping limit let me know.

Increased the value to 360, let's see what happens...

A question as no russian player want to answer in the game:

1: Why are the russians only using the T-34 41 model when you have the better T-34 42 model, if one have paid so much for tank crew its strange you use the free to play tank, and also sherman, KV-1 but only using the T-34 41 model?
2: Why this addiction to use airplanes, never see this on the german side, most often I can be the only player on german side and the russians have 8 players and I use panzer III but still 5-6 players chose airplanes to bomb me non stop, in a tank game where most players should want to use tanks? Also noticed when its more even same tendency, and in todays battles I killed 3 T-34 41s in my panzer III, but 2 of the russians spawned in airplanes and came bombing me for revenge, Xobot for example. IS a Panzer III a such big threat as a Tiger that one have to jump into a bomber and attack one instead of finding it a challenge and try to beat me in a tank? :P Stupor mundi I have to give credit: mostly plays tanks and always gives me a challenge and dont use dirty tricks, he is one of my fave russian players to meet 😄

On the german side most players play for the tank battles, its rare to see more germans in the air than the russians and have a feeling this will go on when the russians have even more tanks to chose from and we germans have panzer IV and other tanks.I hope Im wrong.

Posted (edited)

Why I use the T34 / 42, it is better and faster to operate than the T34 / 43

The tiger is a big challenge for a T 34/42. but with your right loadout and a little bit of skill .......

The new T34/43 is a lot less manageable , at least if tou really needs to be fast is a action .
If you want to eliminate a tiger , then you really have to think out of the box  ;-)

A sherman tank is also a lot less easy to operate , and the guns are not as nice as a T34 .

We have indeed paid a lot for these tanks, but the old T34 is still my favorite ;-)

Edited by 1.JaVA_KEBEN

But the T-34 42 has better interior, details and periscope and feautures that if used correctly makes it more capable than the T-34 41 :P And also I dont use tiger so dunno why you compare tiger to it, is the panzer III that deadly? xD Alright thanks for the reply anyway, gave me a somewhat explanation although I claim a well used 42 model is better, and same for sherman, commander can even command the gun in it and periscopes and better vision than T-34 and I would argue better gun, as it beated T-34s in korea :P

44 минуты назад, judgedeath3 сказал:

A question as no russian player want to answer in the game:

1: Why are the russians only using the T-34 41 model when you have the better T-34 42 model, if one have paid so much for tank crew its strange you use the free to play tank, and also sherman, KV-1 but only using the T-34 41 model?
2: Why this addiction to use airplanes, never see this on the german side, most often I can be the only player on german side and the russians have 8 players and I use panzer III but still 5-6 players chose airplanes to bomb me non stop, in a tank game where most players should want to use tanks? Also noticed when its more even same tendency, and in todays battles I killed 3 T-34 41s in my panzer III, but 2 of the russians spawned in airplanes and came bombing me for revenge, Xobot for example. IS a Panzer III a such big threat as a Tiger that one have to jump into a bomber and attack one instead of finding it a challenge and try to beat me in a tank? :P Stupor mundi I have to give credit: mostly plays tanks and always gives me a challenge and dont use dirty tricks, he is one of my fave russian players to meet 😄

On the german side most players play for the tank battles, its rare to see more germans in the air than the russians and have a feeling this will go on when the russians have even more tanks to chose from and we germans have panzer IV and other tanks.I hope Im wrong.

I can try to answer your questions and are not in the game, and here on the forum. But I also need some answers... You agree? 

9 hours ago, 63RUS_WorM said:

Increased the value to 360, let's see what happens...

Спасибо товарищ!
Is good now! 

Posted (edited)
27 минут назад, judgedeath3 сказал:

I gladly reply to any questions, if I understand you right?

Good. Perhaps I have many questions due to incorrect translation. My English is Yandex Translate ...

1. What do you mean by the word Russian (nationality or party in the game for which it plays - “red”)

2. There is no T-34 41 in the game, there is a T-34 STZ arr. 1942 and T-34 UVZ arr. 1943 To make it easier in the game there are "red" and "blue" and there are no nationalities, so it will be easier ....

1 час назад, judgedeath3 сказал:

Stupor mundi I have to give credit: mostly plays tanks and always gives me a challenge and dont use dirty tricks, he is one of my fave russian players to meet

This is an example ... Stupor plays well, I agree ... but he is not Russian (by nationality), he plays for the Reds. Therefore, he cannot be your favorite Russian player. I could be wrong ... Agree?

Edited by 63RUS_WorM

1: Red side is to me: Soviet union/russia side so its easiest to say russians as that is the country in the conflict that this game is about. Blue side: Germany so germans. Rather say that than: Red players are attacking, in ww2 the soviets wouldnt say: The blue players are attacking. xD Takes me out of the immersion of playing a ww2 simulator.
2: The T-34 for the free to play players is the first version of the tank that is in most books in england and usa etc called: T-34-41 model:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-34#/media/File:T-34_prototypes.jpg

Maybe he is not russian in reality but in the game he is mostly playing on the blue side hence I call hum russian player, he plays for soviet union/russia in the game.

17 часов назад, judgedeath3 сказал:

1: Red side is to me: Soviet union/russia side so its easiest to say russians as that is the country in the conflict that this game is about. Blue side: Germany so germans. Rather say that than: Red players are attacking, in ww2 the soviets wouldnt say: The blue players are attacking. xD Takes me out of the immersion of playing a ww2 simulator.
2: The T-34 for the free to play players is the first version of the tank that is in most books in england and usa etc called: T-34-41 model:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-34#/media/File:T-34_prototypes.jpg

Maybe he is not russian in reality but in the game he is mostly playing on the blue side hence I call hum russian player, he plays for soviet union/russia in the game.

Well, if it is more convenient for you ...
Now for questions ...
The first - T34 / 43 years (new) has one big bug, "the commander's periscope", he turns along with the tower and "very quickly" ... try it yourself, the picture jumps .... In battle it takes a lot of time, which is not acceptable ... The "old" T34 / 42 is easier to manage and as a result, faster ...

The second is how I understand you mean this mission.
http://e-front.publicvm.com:8000/en/mission/1468/
I was in this fight ... By reference you can see how many pilots participated in the mission, there are NO tankers there, I could add them to the stat, but there will be confusion (Nick can repeat if the player flies on an airplane and goes on a tank)
And so we see
TOTAL PLAYERS - 47
Pilot - 26, Red Army - 9, Luftwaffe - 13, "Striped" - 4
There are questions - no questions ...
Just one question, what did the Luftwaffe do ???
I repeat, for a successful game against the Red Army, a blue team is needed from planes and tanks under a single command ....

19 часов назад, judgedeath3 сказал:

and in todays battles I killed 3 T-34 41s in my panzer III, but 2 of the russians spawned in airplanes and came bombing me for revenge, Xobot for example.

About XoBoT you're wrong.
He could not take a plane to get revenge ...
For one simple reason, he DOESN'T FLY (see statistics)
http://e-front.publicvm.com:8000/ru/tankman/103/XoBoT/?tour=7 
And yet, I remembered that many reds had not yet bought tanks ...
So they drive the "old" T34 ...

• Upvote 1

Alright explains a lot, hopefully they fix some of these issues but I doubt they will do the other tanks as easy and fast to use as the T-34-41 as its the starter tank, same with Panzer III L for germans, only two positions and its faster to use compared to the real tanks, but compared to the Panzer III M its boring and not detailed and rather play those, 4 mannable positions, details and fully modelled 😄 Although it takes far longer time to go from commander to gunner or to the driver position, its worth it than the crappy Panzer III L, although its faster to use.

Hmm seems as you say most russian players havent purchased the tank crew game and is mostly flying instead, might explain why the norm is most russians are using airplanes instead of tanks.While on the german side pretty much all players have tank crew game and few airplane games, and myself would rarely fly, Im bad at it and instead a good tanker which is the same for most German players, few of us flies and is here to do tank duels.

I myself own the Tank Crew but still use the old T34.Sometimes Sherman or KV in instances when trying to save the limited T34s on spawn for the guys without the TC or when they are depleted.The aiming is BUgged in Sherman.And even worse in the new T34:(.its impossible to aim without being fully zoomed in using a mouse!!!It sucks!Hope they fix it real soon.Otherwise out of all of those new tanks only the original T34s are gonna be used.As Worm said you should try it once yourself.I mean using the new T34 or Sherman.
German(Blue) side has plenty of players that practice switching between the ground and sky back and forth in one map(mission).Most of the red pilots come here to hunt real (not AI) tankers  or cover the ground attack planes and some times there are more of them than the blue players.Noone is gonna quit and leave the server just cuz there is 2 to 1 ratio.They usually finish the map and hoping that there will be more blue players on the next map,or the one after that.Till its time to go to bed.

• Like 1

Had a new go on the Russian tanks since 6 months ago:
Note: I play tanks only with keyboard and mouse, best way to control a tank:

T-34 42: Fully realistic and simulated controls and crew, had no issues driving it nor the controls worked fine. No issues with the visors or periscopes and was fast tank and fun to drive. Didnt have any issues with the sight either: Went as it should and after first shot and some adjustments I could hit targets 2 km away without issues. So I couldnt find anything wrong with it, it was way better than the T-34 41 model. This was easily best T-34 so far.

Sherman: This tank has way more cool feautures and controls and settings, commander with machine gun and a hatch that can be traversed or locked into place, good vision from inside and driver has several options. Did notice a glitch/error with the drivers vision but its a small problem as one should use the commanders view. Gunner place was great and realistic, and didnt have any issues here either with the sight and aiming, heck the gun traverse on sherman is fastest of all tanks the russians have, its super fast and smooth and the sight is super easy to use, I got hits 2 km away without even needing to adjust it. heck its easier to aim than the german tanks. I didnt find anything wrong with this tank besides the drivers vision has some small problems.

KV-1: Same here, detailed and well done model, didnt have any problems with aiming or firing the gun or hitting targets far away or close by. Liked all details in it and was fun to drive, the commander had the same issues in it like in reality: the hatch is in the way to the left and he has to move a lot inside the tank, but that is why you use the commander and then with a key move to gunners position when you enter battle.

T-34 41: This is easily the worst tank the russians can play: no details inside, only two positions you can play and sparse control, very arcade style and no simulator feeling, just like the bad Panzer III L. As I suspected: You have arcade controls in this tank so you can be commander and sit in the turret hatch and aim and shot at the same time, faster yes but unrealistic as hell, the driver cant close the visors to get better protection either. The gun is the same as in T-34-42, the sight too.
Just like the Panzer III L I wouldnt play the T-34 41 with how bad the model is when the 42 exists that is far more realistic and cool and has no problems when I tried it.
Only drawback is you dont have the arcade controls anymore and has to play the tank more realisticly, just like germans do in their tiger, panzer III M and Panzer IV: takes time before you can start firing.

So nothing wrong on the other tanks, only thing that differs is they dont use arcade controls and is harder to play but far more rewarding and sherman was the best one of them in my opinion.

Also: Clawhammer played on the german side this night and was strafing and shoting on his own side and didnt care when we told him to stop.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, judgedeath3 said:

Had a new go on the Russian tanks since 6 months ago:
Note: I play tanks only with keyboard and mouse, best way to control a tank:

T-34 42: Fully realistic and simulated controls and crew, had no issues driving it nor the controls worked fine. No issues with the visors or periscopes and was fast tank and fun to drive. Didnt have any issues with the sight either: Went as it should and after first shot and some adjustments I could hit targets 2 km away without issues. So I couldnt find anything wrong with it, it was way better than the T-34 41 model. This was easily best T-34 so far.

Sherman: This tank has way more cool feautures and controls and settings, commander with machine gun and a hatch that can be traversed or locked into place, good vision from inside and driver has several options. Did notice a glitch/error with the drivers vision but its a small problem as one should use the commanders view. Gunner place was great and realistic, and didnt have any issues here either with the sight and aiming, heck the gun traverse on sherman is fastest of all tanks the russians have, its super fast and smooth and the sight is super easy to use, I got hits 2 km away without even needing to adjust it. heck its easier to aim than the german tanks. I didnt find anything wrong with this tank besides the drivers vision has some small problems.

KV-1: Same here, detailed and well done model, didnt have any problems with aiming or firing the gun or hitting targets far away or close by. Liked all details in it and was fun to drive, the commander had the same issues in it like in reality: the hatch is in the way to the left and he has to move a lot inside the tank, but that is why you use the commander and then with a key move to gunners position when you enter battle.

T-34 41: This is easily the worst tank the russians can play: no details inside, only two positions you can play and sparse control, very arcade style and no simulator feeling, just like the bad Panzer III L. As I suspected: You have arcade controls in this tank so you can be commander and sit in the turret hatch and aim and shot at the same time, faster yes but unrealistic as hell, the driver cant close the visors to get better protection either. The gun is the same as in T-34-42, the sight too.
Just like the Panzer III L I wouldnt play the T-34 41 with how bad the model is when the 42 exists that is far more realistic and cool and has no problems when I tried it.
Only drawback is you dont have the arcade controls anymore and has to play the tank more realisticly, just like germans do in their tiger, panzer III M and Panzer IV: takes time before you can start firing.

So nothing wrong on the other tanks, only thing that differs is they dont use arcade controls and is harder to play but far more rewarding and sherman was the best one of them in my opinion.

Also: Clawhammer played on the german side this night and was strafing and shoting on his own side and didnt care when we told him to stop.

I agree with this post entirely. The new periscope of new T34 allows superior performance over the old T34 if a player puts in the effort to get familiar with their keybindings and gets used to looking around with the periscope without turning the actual turret. The new T34 has slightly more turret armor while also maintaining same mobility and having the option to protect the driver more by closing the vision slits. I see no reason to use the old T34.

I think there are 2 reasons why people still use the old tanks:

1. They simply don't own TC       

2. They are way too used to the old T34 and aren't comfortable with using the periscope or don't know how to make use of it effectively. Because of this they drive around hatch open with the new T34 and only close it when they are very close to blue tanks and they handicap themselves. Turret traverse is a bit sensitive with periscope but if the driver keeps their nerve and swing it with caution it won't cause problems.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Torrens said:

I agree with this post entirely. The new periscope of new T34 allows superior performance over the old T34 if a player puts in the effort to get familiar with their keybindings and gets used to looking around with the periscope without turning the actual turret. The new T34 has slightly more turret armor while also maintaining same mobility and having the option to protect the driver more by closing the vision slits. I see no reason to use the old T34.

I think there are 2 reasons why people still use the old tanks:

1. They simply don't own TC       

2. They are way too used to the old T34 and aren't comfortable with using the periscope or don't know how to make use of it effectively. Because of this they drive around hatch open with the new T34 and only close it when they are very close to blue tanks and they handicap themselves. Turret traverse is a bit sensitive with periscope but if the driver keeps their nerve and swing it with caution it won't cause problems.

Old T-34 is more durable. 

Edited by saldy

12 hours ago, saldy said:

Old T-34 is more durable. 

I think you are correct. The damage model must be broken. Today I encounterd players using old T34 and they turned their tanks around and reversed towards my P4. I was unable to damage them with multiple rounds to their engine and turret while they destroyed me easily. Something is wrong here.

• Upvote 1

Yes. I've mentioned that to @SCG_Vonalba a while back. The T34 DM is broken ... When you shot the tank in the back, the first hit usually knocks out the engine but any additional hits to the back will do nothing to it. It is like it stops penetrating the tank after the engine is out hence why you see the Russian tankers turn their tank and guve their back to you and also why they stick to the old t34 instead of the new because that does not happen with the old one.

so me and a friend are really interested in getting the tank crew expansion  but lack of servers is holding us back. I for one can care less what someone says its ez enough to just ignore it but does the server have anything in place to balance the tank/ air craft gameplay so it encourages people to take tanks? 

6 hours ago, bomkata said:

so me and a friend are really interested in getting the tank crew expansion  but lack of servers is holding us back. I for one can care less what someone says its ez enough to just ignore it but does the server have anything in place to balance the tank/ air craft gameplay so it encourages people to take tanks? 

Not this one no ... Quite the opposite really. The majority of the maps have AFs close to the tank area and the Russians team up to have air assets and tanks advancing in coordination which is often lacking in the German side. So, if you are hoping to joon this server for a tank vs tank battle, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. A lot of times, there are more planes than tanks around. It is still a lot of fun though and you learn to move around seeking cover when il-2s come around ... At least the kamikazee raming has stoped.

Had another go when playing with more players online and most russians still was mentioning the enw tanks mouse and controls are weird: Plays them, no issues, some of them even stood next to me telling what I would shot at and was sure I would miss etc: I hit with most shots directly, bulls eye, can agree that the periscope mode is a bit sensitive but use a sturdy hand and it will be fine or just use the normal sight and its pretty much exactly like on the german tanks. Now some of them said they would do videos or screenshots to prove one cant aim with the new tanks.. oh well, strange it works well for me and none of the others wanted to try the tanks but sticks to T-34 41....

Also most said they didnt have tank crew on that side which explains a lot to me.

Posted (edited)

OK, youre either not being honest or we are talking about different things here. When i asked you to fully zoom out while shooting,which sight did you use?Top or bottom image?If you are using the sights from the bottom picture and have no problem aiming,shooting and hitting the target without your turret frantically moving in all directions,then every single red player is using the wrong mouse for this tank!Same thing with the Sherman.If you are not fully zoomed in looking through your periscope you wont be able to react in time and hit your target.I'm not the only one who's got this nasty bug.:hunter: 

1no zoom.jpg

2no zoom.jpg

Edited by RIVALDO

Posted (edited)

I used both :P
First one I use mainly as its more precise and more like the sight on german tanks, this should be your nr 1 position to engage in and not able to react in time and shot: Well this is the case for all german tanks when you see a T-34 on your flank 50 meters away and you sit in the commander cupola, shit: PRess which key again? ctrl and c several times. ahh now finally gunner. PRess t to take control of gun. now I can start aiming! Realistic in that way :)

Second picture: Yes I could hit with it but as you use a periscope you have to adjust the sight like in reality since the view of sight is higher up than the gunner position, either you adjust the sight when you enter this mode, or you learn to shot with some adjustments on your hand part. In reality this sight was a bit tricky and the gunner had to move the sight carefully, dont think its an bugg. but one could maybe leave the simulator thinking and make the sight slower to move. You are NOT supposed to move it frankily with the mouse with how its designed to work like in reality! xD

And also zoom is your best friend, no time do we in german tanks not zoom in. Takes time but hey you want to hit and take the time aiming.

Like I said didnt have problems with this myself but that could be Im a tanker in my military training :)

Edited by judgedeath3
  • Like 1

Well I tried again for the last time today and there is just too much sporadic lag for me and when more

players join the server and the total sum of all pings to determine the average ping of all players is

calculated my ping is considered too high and I get booted anyways.

So I stopped playing there it is too annoying.

Sure wish there were more North American servers and that the Editor was like the old IL-2 FMB

A question to the Efront server maker:

How come now when Panzer IV G exist and its equal to the T-34s in the game, besides the broken damage model on the T-34 41 model: Why is there a limit on how many the german side can use while russians have unlimited numbers of T-34s? Panzer III dont stand a chance against T-34s so for a balancing standpoint then the Panzer IV shouldnt have any limitations.

Example of todays battles where I took out 8 T-34 with my Panzer IV but couldnt spawn anymore:

20190728224927_1.jpg

20190728224943_1.jpg

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

A little side note, not really related to the server but more about the different tanks, we were two tigers today repelling a 3:1 wave of russian T-34, for that to happen is rare, normally you got lots of air jokies buzzing around and then you dont got a chance, here is was different.

So we need an air force on both sides, or at least we need AAA controlled by players. The Russian side could not get to the flag, and that was only two Tigers, that's how powerful they actually are.

Edited by SCG_Slater
  • Upvote 3

Played on russian side and since everyone says the T-34 43 model isnt working: I played it and as I claimed before: nothing wrong on it, was fun driving it and worked well, took out 9 enemy tanks with its periscope and speed, so I have no idea why so many says they cant aim with it xD
Only one other player used it as well, the rest uses T-34-42 and mainly for the advantages it gives with all of its damage model buggs, in all 4 matches we russians stomped the germans quite easily.

Picture of the results:
Proud I beat everyone in the results playing a harder tank to play :P

20190801222046_1.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 3/12/2019 at 3:15 PM, Riksen said:

players playing in that server are extremely rude (not all of them) and often call you names in chat

Check 11:59 of this video xaxaxaxaxaxaxa

@63RUS_WorM
This is a video from EFront. Could you increase air base AA defenses?

3 hours ago, LUZITANO said:

Check 11:59 of this video xaxaxaxaxaxaxa

@63RUS_WorM
This is a video from EFront. Could you increase air base AA defenses?

Lol ... Perhaps I spoke too soon about players being better behaved lol .... Same people as before but admin does not care one bit so just do your thing man and have fun while ignoring that kind of behaviour.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Riksen said:

Lol ... Perhaps I spoke too soon about players being better behaved lol .... Same people as before but admin does not care one bit so just do your thing man and have fun while ignoring that kind of behaviour.

Well ... I won't deny that sometimes I also misbehave. Pride is high and bad

Some thoughts regarding the criticism of players using the 'old' T34.

First I think it's silly if someone who always tanks blue, tanks red for 1 day or so, and then declares the periscope sight of the 'new' T34 to be perfectly fine.

... and thus implies that those who tank red all the time, and who have been complaining about this periscope, must be making things up or having ulterior motives.

The problem with the mouse and the periscope sight is not, that it's impossible to aim or that, when *aiming*, the turret behaves in an erratic way.

The problem is that :

You have to zoom out quite far to see the black outside the view circle, which gives you visual feedback regarding whether you are moving the mouse too far, left or right. OTOH, when being zoomed out, the mouse response is hypersensitive.

I.e. you might want to zoom in just to calm the mouse response down, but then you lose the black rim which tells you if you're pulling too hard into one direction.

As Jordan (I think) pointed out, if you do pull too far into one direction, you've now pulled the 'desired' view direction by more than 180deg and you're pulling into the other direction.

This is the view behaviour of looking around in space, for instance, looking around inside the tank when not using a sight, and it's inappropriate for sights in my opinion. I think there's no good reason why anyone would desire this directional reversal behaviour, and I regard it as a bug. In contrast with this, the mouse response of the 'old' T34 is smooth, in no way weird, and feels completely natural.

Until recently, I was using a razer gaming mouse and now have a steelseries, but the problems I have with new T34 were the same with both mice. An advantage my new mouse has is a button at the top to change DPI. This makes using the new tank's persicope a little less awful.

A thing that really annoys me is the assumption that players use the old T34 because of an assumed deficient DM. In most missions there are plenty of tigers. I find it pathetic that blue are trying to cast themselves in the role of the underdog here. Once we have mostly missions without tigers that would be different, but I can already see that blue players just leave when there are no tigers on offer.

So as long as I'm fighting tigers, I will take the best tank available to me, and that's the 'old' T34 because a) I can turn the engine off and listen, and still turn my turret with reasonable speed, and b) I can look around with the hatch open, have the turret pointed in the right direction, close the hatch and the turret will still be pointing in the right direction.

That the devs chose to make the turrets of the new tanks point to 12:00 whenever you open the hatch is something I complained from day 1 and I think it's a huge mistake.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3