SCG_Riksen

EFront server (be careful)

The AAA can be set to attack aircraft only.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RIVALDO said:

On 3/31/2019 at 5:43 AM, =SF=Kastro said:

On 3/31/2019 at 5:43 AM, =SF=Kastro said:

I see that the civilization and freedom to which they are accustomed, allow them to have a black, rotten tongue in their mouths. If he wants, it is his right to die with bad karma.

20 hours ago, =SF=Kastro said:

It (words in my post) is said directly, honestly, and it is true, like it or not, my friend

When you have ethnocentric, vindictive players with contempt for one side, no agreement will last. Private servers for clans won't have a problem as they police themselves efficiently and they are held by common thinking. Public servers will turn into Battlefield (the game).
IL-2 is great game, but some players under the belief of some strange views will ruin the MP section of it.

IL-2 Sturmovik (the company) has to police some behaviors like it policed the cheaters and the swastikas.

2 hours ago, RIVALDO said:

Because the tanks won't be able to capture the base with a bunch of AAA around it.

The AAA is destroyed by tanks.

Edited by Ze-GunnyHighway
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 часа назад, Ze-GunnyHighway сказал:

When you have ethnocentric, vindictive players with contempt for one side, no agreement will last. Private servers for clans won't have a problem as they police themselves efficiently and they are held by common thinking. Public servers will turn into Battlefield (the game).
IL-2 is great game, but some players under the belief of some strange views will ruin the MP section of it.

IL-2 Sturmovik (the company) has to police some behaviors like it policed the cheaters and the swastikas.

Are you trying to provoke me? I do not think that you will achieve success in this. Your ethnocentric accusations are completely groundless. In my texts, not a word is said about people in ethnic groups.
Read carefully. I wrote about the attitude of some players (without reference to a specific ethnic group) to samples of equipment from different countries and about the level of culture of some players (without reference to a specific ethnic group). I also wrote about the misunderstanding of the freedom that modern society and the level of civilization gives us. The fact that for some reason some people (without reference to a particular ethnic group) use freedom too one-sidedly.

But I see that you continue to insist on trying to raise some other topic, absolutely not the one for which this section of the forum was created. Probably you like the way this word sounds: "ethnocentrism". Or do you like typing with your fingers? Sit in front of the mirror, take the keyboard, speak calmly and clearly: "ethnocentrism". Do not forget to type simultaneously. Repeat repeatedly. I am sure this should help. Or do you still want to talk about it with me?

But anyway, thank you for such an increased attention to my humble person, I became the most quoted respondent of this forum topic.

By the way, it's time to be silent and fly, and not to write and drive - the server is open again.

Edited by =SF=Kastro

8 hours ago, RIVALDO said:

Because the tanks won't be able to capture the base with a bunch of AAA around it. 

I believe the AAA around a spawn can be limited to only air targets instead of all other coalition targets.

• Upvote 1

i guess thats the only anti spawn vulching solution then:rolleyes:

In order to capture the flag, the enemy team has to shoot at the spawn, without this in any way. But now spitting spawn became a privilege only tanks? And you remember that the points of opposite sides in the tank maps are not so far from each other, which is normal for tanks, but for AAA it is nothing. And now the AAA shooting zone will cover most of the battle area. Maybe then immediately remove all the planes from the server, let there be only tanks? What level of filling AAA will suit everyone? The load on the server, he can handle? With the advent of AAA, do pilots get "moral right" to also beat spawn?

Posted (edited)

I have a question about another server but I don't know where to ask.

Does anyone know where the other tank server vanished that had the new prohorovka map? It's name was something like "Achtung tank prohorovka" or similar. It was up for about 2 weeks but today it wasn't on the server list.  I really have no interest going back to EFront and it's fake map design and I want the real map of kursk. Will that server come back soon? Thanks

Edited by Torrens
  • Upvote 1

After my battles yesterday on this server I have to say Im positively surprised: A few airplanes but they were not owning the tanks and no kamikaze attacks so we tankers had now a chance to roll out from the base and actually engage enemy tanks, and we faced russian tanks 😄 So happy to not see the whole russian team flying airplanes only and not a single tank on the ground which was the case in the past.

And yes: Would be nice to have AAA guns in the base but set them to only engage airplanes and they only cover the base, not the whole map.

• Upvote 1

On 3/12/2019 at 11:05 PM, Thad said:

Salutations,

Just asking... couldn't the server admin place some continually respawning ace level AAA batteries around or near the tank spawn points. Could that help?

Maybe a player controlled flack battery 😂 I would love to control that, and if I remember correct we will get flack controlled armored trucks right?

Yes, I think so. 

Was on Efront yesterday, no problems at all, good sessions. 

I've only been online a few times for MP.   It should get better once TC is released.   Right now, I don't find many opportunities where there are any tanks on the servers, but lots of Planes fighting.  Hopefully, someone in the community will host a Ground Unit Only Server, I for one would be willing to help support such a server, which I'm sure we could find enough people to help in that regard,  and that eliminates just about all the problems with AC  doing what they do.   I do believe it is correct that the pilots where the tanks go, are  not very good on a predominantly flying combat server.

I like the idea of combined arms, AC and tanks, but it seems from alot of experiences that it would be best if we had a server with very limited AC, preferably flown by people that are interested primarily in armored combat !

• Like 2

I mostly do ground action, however i would not like to have a ground only, just as much I don't like an air only server.

We need servers that support both, because that is how the war was being fought.

What we need is to give the ground units more teeth to defend from being sitting ducks. More AA player controlled options is what we need.

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/nazi_germany/Flakpanzer-I.php

On 5/8/2019 at 6:01 PM, sdm109rm said:

I do believe it is correct that the pilots where the tanks go, are  not very good on a predominantly flying combat server.

Oi!! I may go to the tanks servers for 50% of my MP time, and I may have bad AF ping, but I think that you're making a rash generalization here. Not all the pilots that go onto these servers are bad. I have seen some damn fine aces head over to these servers, so what you're referring to are the soul-sucking rammers that give all pilots a bad rep, AKA the minority of pilots.

On 5/13/2019 at 4:45 AM, Slater said:

What we need is to give the ground units more teeth to defend from being sitting ducks.

Here here, good sir! I agree wholeheartedly. While that'll make my job a whole lot harder, as long as those AA don't camp the airfield, it'll be fun!

Take it easy. For now is the best tank server we have

Instead of complaining about allied pilots, you should work more as a team

• Like 1

Had a blast in this server yesterday.  Thanks for hosting.

On 3/16/2019 at 11:32 AM, 63RUS_WorM said:

I ask you, if you have questions, to write in my native language (Russian).
Welcome to the server. Good luck to all!!!

Здравствуйте, спасибо за создание E-FRONT. Мне особенно нравится ваш сервер

Я создал этот пост для E-FRONT и был бы польщен, если вы можете присутствовать. Спасибо
PS. Этот переводчик лучше

16.06.2019 в 03:17, LUZITANO сказал:

Здравствуйте, спасибо за создание E-FRONT. Мне особенно нравится ваш сервер

Thank you!!! 👍

• Upvote 1

Have no issues with E-front at the moment, like the balancing in it and limited the tiger tanks, only thing is the russians are way too much in airplanes but hopefully that will change when they get new russian tanks, I hope as I want to engage enemy tanks and not get bombed in my base all day xD

46 minutes ago, judgedeath3 said:

Have no issues with E-front at the moment, like the balancing in it and limited the tiger tanks, only thing is the russians are way too much in airplanes but hopefully that will change when they get new russian tanks, I hope as I want to engage enemy tanks and not get bombed in my base all day xD

Likewise, seems better now and more well behaved individuals are present. Some of the, let's say rude players, are not frequently present and the kamikaze behavior is gone. Overall, the server is good and stable with well designed missions. Like you said ... hopefully, the arrival of new Russian tanks will stimulate some VVS pilots to join the ground battle as well because, as of now, the only thing you van do against Tigers is from the air.

• Upvote 1

Fight with T-34 on Efront, will be there also a Prokhorovka map?

Heh, that was me behind your tank (The Pz III with sideskirts in solid "dunkelgelb"). The T-34 ignored all shots to the tracks and turret. I tried everything, APCR APHE and even HE.

And then he rammed me and kiled my engine completely.

Posted (edited)

Wann geht der Server online? EDIT: ok is online

Edited by StG2_Raven
Server online

On 6/20/2019 at 9:56 AM, SchleiferGER said:

Heh, that was me behind your tank (The Pz III with sideskirts in solid "dunkelgelb"). The T-34 ignored all shots to the tracks and turret. I tried everything, APCR APHE and even HE.

And then he rammed me and kiled my engine completely.

Can the server set the hit ration for a kill? I also find it weird that the T34 can take so many hits.

1 minute ago, Slater said:

Can the server set the hit ration for a kill? I also find it weird that the T34 can take so many hits.

Probably not. I for one think that the issue lies with the implementation of the vanilla T-34.

The new one (forgot the name) reacts to sideshots from the 5cm really well compared to the old one. Meaning it catches fire very fast and can be immobilized more easily through engine shots. But I could be wrong on that.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I had this problem (somewhat) yesterday with my t-34 mod.1943 vs the vanilla Pz.III I was shooting 6-7 APCR shells directly through its gunner and driver positions from 300 meters (checked in track), even knocked out the engine behind the crew compartment but the Pz.III just kept shooting at me and killed me from these 300m  in a headon shot while I was loading my 8th shot. It was player-controlled. T-34 APCR has an armor penetration value of more than 100mm for that range so basically all shot should have penetrated.

It seems there is a problem with the standard thanks or how APCR damage is modelled, I don't know.

Edited by 216th_Jordan
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 216th_Jordan said:

Pz.III just kept shooting at me and killed me from these 300m  in a headon

That was me xaxaxaxaxa

On 6/22/2019 at 12:11 PM, Slater said:

Going unrealistic now? Shouldnt be a damage healt meter or such bullshit, as long as you cant pen the armour you can shot whole day and do no damage to the enemy tank and from the front the Panzer III cant penetrate the hull or turret for the most part.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

If that is any indication of what TANK CREW is all about I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.That was f-ing garbage.Whoever the DEV is they need to back to whatever computer school they graduated from.I wouldn't pay 10 dollars for that crap!!!

Edited by Badger343rd
  • Confused 1

Its actually turning out to be a very nice sim, Badger, and its still early release.   Get in some of the tanks and try it for yourself, otherwise, well, perhaps not insulting the DEVS would be better place to start.

Posted (edited)

I have tried the tanks...Lame controls ,lackluster interiors(for tanks in il-2 generic) and fantasy damage model at 80.00 BUCKS (PROBABLY CLOSE TO A 100 WITH TAX) ... I don't think so. Seems to me these Tank Crew DEV's need a kick in the arse to get them motivated to do a decent job. It ain't cutting it from what I see. Gives the rest of the titles a bad name IMO. They need to step it up if they want my money.

Edited by Badger343rd
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Badger343rd said:

If that is any indication of what TANK CREW is all about I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.That was f-ing garbage.Whoever the DEV is they need to back to whatever computer school they graduated from.I wouldn't pay 10 dollars for that crap!!!

Its still very early. It has tremendous potential there, but the devs need to materialize.

Devs did a good job until now. Superb modelling of interiors (except the low res textures) and detailed physics and systems. Not everything is perfect, especially as no prior knowledge is available here but what's coming along is very nice. 

Remember when BOS was in alpha/beta, these forums were a true whinefest.

21 hours ago, judgedeath3 said:

Going unrealistic now? Shouldnt be a damage healt meter or such bullshit, as long as you cant pen the armour you can shot whole day and do no damage to the enemy tank and from the front the Panzer III cant penetrate the hull or turret for the most part.

No the point is NOT to make it unrealistic, I just found it weird that's all. You see if you play on other servers they do not take so many hits to be destroyed, so that is why I'm asking.

Posted (edited)

That video above demonstrates 3 major flaws right outta the gate....damage modeling...penetration ...and physics.All the things most important to a tank sim, That T-34  should have been a mobility kill at the very least half way thru the engagement.Even a tiger gets penetrated within 300 feet. As for physics ,a tank doesn't act as if its on the moon in terms of gravity.Y'all wanna pay 100 bucks for bullshit..be my guest.

Edited by Badger343rd
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Salutations,

Tank Crew is relatively new to the IL2 world of Great Battles. It is definitely a 'work in progress' and all that implies. Why all the anger and vulgarity? If one has a complaint and desires to really help in the games development.... please make constructive reports about demonstrable concerns to the developers.

Please don't Badger us with unhelpful and insulting comments. Especially since one doesn't apparently own the module being defamed. 😕

Keep tanking out there and report any gameplay problems to the developers. :coffee:

Edited by Thad
  • Upvote 2

I have an opinion and I'll express it.I'm not alone either.Remember the cliffs of Dover shitstorm???Dev's need to be reminded that quality will not be ignored.The tanks in generic Il-2BOX are just as representative of the level of simulation as tank crew,or what was the point of putting them in?Things have been reported long ago and not been addressed.So you get what you sow.

Well at least its way more realistic than warthunder and do I dare to say it,,,, world of fantasy tanks.
At least here a Tiger 1 cant be penetrated from the front, in most cases by T-34s and the same for T-34s against Panzer III, panzer III cant almost take out the T-34 frontally. And correct penetration data on the guns etc. Just have to fix the damage models and fix the normal T-34 and the ramming physics etc.

Wow, I see maturity is optional now.

Since the is about the e-front server i have a question to anyone who can answer it.

Why is repairs disabled at the e-front server?

is it buggy, some reason it's not possible to repair your tank?  please let us know as i find it very annoying that you need to respawn every time you lose a track.