BryanHolland

Game launcher freezes when I try to close it.

Hello! Thank you so much for such a great game! I bought three premium editions and everything is great!

The only problem I see is that the game launcher freezes all the time when I try to close it. It shows "stopping background tasks" and nothing happens. I use task manager to close it. Not a big deal but may be there is a simple solution? 

Win 7 64 bit

i7-3770K

16gb RAM

Asus 1070 8gb

• Upvote 1

Salutations and welcome to the IL2 community.

Are your using the IL2.exe or the Launcher.exe to start the game? The Launcher.exe should basically be used when the game is updated. Use the IL2.exe otherwise.

I experienced the same situation in the past... If I remember correctly, as a last resort I had to completely delete the game and reload it. Afterwards, things worked normally. ☹️

• Upvote 1

Thanks man! Yes, I used to use launcher.exe, but now I will try IL2.exe. Anyway, there is something with launcher.exe, I guess. I just want Devs to know that, but may be they're already aware.

• Like 1

Same problem here.

Been playing the game for years, and have the problem on different systems and different O/S's (W7-64 and W10-64)

Not a big deal really, I just open the task manager and shut it down but it is a persistent issue with the launcher and should be addressed.

On 3/24/2019 at 12:59 AM, BM357_TinMan said:

Same problem here.
[...]
Not a big deal really, I just open the task manager and shut it down but it is a persistent issue with the launcher and should be addressed.

Same here. Using Windows 7 (64bit) on a i7-2600, 16 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050 Ti