Sign in to follow this  
Jollymann64

Most disseminated mod?

I was just curious, from a one week newbie's perspective,  is there is a modification that seems close to standard in terms of acceptability and popularity for the current IL-2 variations?  I mean perhaps German tail markings or some weak area of the game where it's often corrected due to an abundant interest. 

D.M. Jolly

How would I know?  I'm the one asking the question.  You are the one so far answering the question.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

If you are looking for mods similar to those in the old game which from your previous posts would make that a probable yes, there's none of those here. Skins, small graphics tweaks, stuff like that, no mod packs or massive addons.

• Like 1

I imagine the mods that effect the cloud rendering, object draw distance and the blinking short-range smoke would be the ones most commonly used.

• Like 1

Who wants having to have to do massive modifications on a game?  Not me.  I wasn't looking for that at all.  I feel that is very tedious indeed.  I didn't at all expect the same situation with the mods, since this is a currently supported and officially progressing simulation game.   I was only getting at what would be fairly popular, expected, and kind of SOP maybe.  And only keeping that to a minimum.  

Edited by Jollymann64

7 hours ago, Jollymann64 said:

Who wants having to massive mod on a game? 

Me! 😁

• Upvote 1

For me, if it's early on like it was with the old "IL-2 Sturmovik" around 2003 or 2004, and there are just a couple of standard things that need to be changed, then that's no big deal.  But when a game gets way out of date and yet is still loved like that one is, there are like 15 things in a list that you're expected to mod just to have the ordinary game experience.  I'm not that much of a nerd with this stuff.  I'm a user not a tweaker.  I mean I'm glad for the guys who are into that when it has to be done, but that's not at all what I want to have to do.  This is a time consuming diversion from other things in life to a fair degree as it is.  Adding tweaking tedium to that doesn't make it better for me.

DMJ

Edited by Jollymann64