LUZITANO

IL-2 Battle of Normandy (BOBP cousin)

On 7/2/2019 at 11:11 PM, Gambit21 said:

The title needs to expand to a new, completely fresh aircraft set...badly. For player base reasons as much as anything else.

If PTO isn't the next FULL release, then I'd rather see Korea than any other WWII theater. 

I don't see Korea ever happening in the current 5 v 5 + map format

The plane set is too lopsided in favour of the UN in terms of variety and ground attack ability. 

The UN forces destroyed the small North Korean Air Force within a month of hostilities breaking out and flew unopposed until late 1950 when the MiG-15 turned up. 

The Korean War is quintessentially a MiG-15 vs Sabre match up, all other aircraft types are irrelevant and all the effort should be put into modelling the variants of the two aircraft used in that conflict.

Posted (edited)

Given that the German stable is being added to by both east and west IMHO 1C should not be shy about moving away from a 5/5 split.  Per the OP, buyers are not going to be keen on two more Me 109 G6 variants.  This last sentence was incorrect so deleting it.

Edited by PatrickAWlson

43 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

The biggest issue is that 1C limits campaigns to only the planes purchased with the map - that would have to be resolved somehow.

I wasn't aware of this. An example from their "About" page on this site https://il2sturmovik.com/about/

He111.JPG.2b50eb17e944c582e36977820617d499.JPG

20 hours ago, =362nd_FS=RoflSeal said:

The Korean War is quintessentially a MiG-15 vs Sabre match up, all other aircraft types are irrelevant and all the effort should be put into modelling the variants of the two aircraft used in that conflict.

Depends on what you want to depict.

Night Witches? Interdiction missions at night (B-26), carrier ops, or really just the dogfighting.

I wouldn't mind 5 different types of Sabre either, though this might get a bit old after a couple of weeks.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

Depends on what you want to depict.

Night Witches? Interdiction missions at night (B-26), carrier ops, or really just the dogfighting.

I wouldn't mind 5 different types of Sabre either, though this might get a bit old after a couple of weeks.

I would rather have the largely WW2 propeller aircraft used in the Korean war (e.g. P-51, A-26, F4U-4) released first in WW2 modules, the Korean War itself should be jets.

Edited by =362nd_FS=RoflSeal
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 7/7/2019 at 1:34 PM, =362nd_FS=RoflSeal said:

I don't see Korea ever happening in the current 5 v 5 + map format

The plane set is too lopsided in favour of the UN in terms of variety and ground attack ability. 

The UN forces destroyed the small North Korean Air Force within a month of hostilities breaking out and flew unopposed until late 1950 when the MiG-15 turned up. 

If it has to be korea i would go for campaign from 1951 to 1953 so map dosent have to have whole korea but just north 2/3s of it, and map could be ~600x500km what is still bigger then any map now in game including bigest bobp map, but atleast not to big.

Also you could cover all MiG-15 and F-86 versions with one base model and rest in modifications

Then you could go for 

MiG-15 and as modifications stronger engine, automatic airbrake flaps, new gunsight for MiG-15bis

Tu-2

La-9

F-86A-5 and as modifications F-86E-10 all moving tail,  F-86F-10 all moving tail, stronger GE-27 engine, and 6-3 wings and F-86F-30 aditional GA racks options

F-84E-25

F9F-2 with stronger P&W engine for modification to be F9F-5
F4U-4
B-26B with modification to have glass nose to be C bomber model
Meteor F.Mk 8 
Sea Fury FB.Mk 11

and as AI only

B-29B-60

Then you have 10 airplanes that are mutch more then 10 and can add extra missing ones as collectables if DLC sels good

You have some props, and some GA for N.Korea that was used in late war and early props can be covered for start from existing airplanes in game like Yaks, P-51s and sturmoviks

Edited by 77.CountZero