LUZITANO

IL-2 Battle of Normandy (BOBP cousin)

5 minutes ago, InProgress said:

Completely disagree,

No Problem. I´m quite happy that we can agree to dissagree. Normandy would be as much about D-Day as BoBP would be about the strike of 1.Jan 1945. I see absolutely no need for having landing crafts or huge amount of ships in the game. It would be more about ground support before, during and after the landing operations. Tactical operations could range from 4/44-8/44 and climax with the Falaise Gap and the destruction of Army Group B in the Falaise-Chambois corridor.

Any release which would expand either East- or Westfront would help them to boost new sales and sales of already existing products. Normandy would certainly trigger more new sales than a Bagration expansion I guess. Additionally to planeset synergies they would be able to combine that with TC scenarios (Operation Epsom, Operation Bluecoat or Operations Totalize and Tractable up to Falaise to name a few options). Same would be possible with Bagration, East Prussia and Poland.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, sevenless said:

No Problem. I´m quite happy that we can agree to dissagree. Normandy would be as much about D-Day as BoBP would be about the strike of 1.Jan 1945. I see absolutely no need for having landing crafts or huge amount of ships in the game. It would be more about ground support before, during and after the landing operations. Tactical operations could range from 4/44-8/44 and climax with the Falaise Gap and the destruction of Army Group B in the Falaise-Chambois corridor.

And what will the Lufties do meanwhile you're giving ground support to the magnificient sherman's? having a beer IRL ? :drinks:
Normandy would be plausible in the Prohorkova size not in the size people see it(like 46-CloDo)....because of mentioned points by Inprogress .
Having a Normandy map and not being able to simulate even a fraction of the Landing is simply stupid. But i suppose this is simply a request to get the channel map and be able to use the planes in cross-channel operations....:rolleyes:

As the pacific can't be handled by the engine correctly (i mean by this the ship's battles) in the actual state,  i see Berlin as the next map, all sides would be happy with it as it would be a Hotrod's Festung. It's the front requiring the least work as the airplanes are upgrades of what is available in Bodenplatte.

The more I think about this scenario the more and more I like it. Couldn't sleep much this morning and I got to thinking (dangerous I know).

One of my favourite sims growing up was Aces of the Pacific and following that Aces Over Europe. The second half of AOE is already being covered by Battle of Bodenplatte (except for the Spit XIV and Ar234) and I'd love to fill in the gaps with the first part which was pre-D-Day through to the Falaise Pocket.

Here are some random points:

• Enough Luftwaffe types? Yep I think so. Give non G-6 Collector Plane owners a Normandy specific G-6 Late. The FW190A-6 is interesting enough to be its own thing.
  • The Luftwaffe was drinking beer the whole time? Turns out, involved in heavy day and night action. I recommend the following book as required reading: https://www.amazon.com/2nd-Tactical-Air-Force-Vol/dp/1903223407
  • Retread on Bf109G-6/FW190A-6/Spitfire IX. These would be quick to develop. If it means the team can spend their time make some cool types that take more time like B-25/A-20G/B-26/Do217/Me410/Ju188 flyable? (Probably not anywhere close to all). I'm ok with it and I think many would be too! Bodenplatte was fighter heavy, Normandy could focus a bit more on attack/bomber while filling in the fighter gaps with some already 90% developed types.
  • Invasion fleet? The tech is already there for destroyers so lets do some destroyers, support craft (there's a few famous ones), a run some LCs to shore. DCS World doesn't do the full fleet but it looks okish. Focus on the feeling of the invasion rather than needing to have all 1,000 ships.
  • What about DCS? The battle lines between the two series are centered around deep systems modeling and how the player interacts with that rather than the specific content IMHO. We've already got most of the DCS WWII line-up in Bodenplatte (it's still incongruent that they built a Normandy map but picked aircraft that were involved with Bodenplatte to the end. I know the history but it still an issue). Plus it will be 2022 or 2025 before they catch up content wise if ever.

I think this is very very possible and the problems not insurmountable. As for the Pacific, if we go there next I'd love that too (Aces of the Pacific was a favourite of mine!) but I'm pragmatic and generally love WWII aviation so anything they do would be pretty much of interest to me. If the next one was IL-2: Khalkhin Gol I'd buy it. If Japanese plane references remain an issue I'd be happy if they filled in some details using educated guesses too but I don't know how people felt about that. Maybe they have that sorted out too.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Normandy could be great, I said the same many times. The scale can be adjusted and it's not only about D-Day. The tactical missions conducted against important objectives from England to France are also important in the 43. One thing could be missed wich is large bomber formations but they have nothing to do with smaller missions.

Imagine attacking a railway with a P47 Razorback or a train with a Typhoon. That can also give us mid-war aircraft for the allies. Spitfires, early P51/P47, Mosquito... for the Germans there are also planes for filling the gap here, simple to build and the career can give you the opportunity to fly other things too if time progresses. This also encourages people to buy BOBP if they want to "continue".

Bombing with marauders ala A20 wich we can already see in game? Check

Skirmishes in the air near the coast of France? Check
Attacking ground targets in the other part of the channel? Check

Use the droptanks that are being developed for BOBP too? Check
Possibility to fly from late 42 to early 44 and continue to BOBP? Check
Possibility for collectors? Check
Possibility for great scripted campaigns (Pierre Clostermann)? Check

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, LF_Gallahad said:

Normandy could be great, I said the same many times. The scale can be adjusted and it's not only about D-Day. The tactical missions conducted against important objectives from England to France are also important in the 43. One thing could be missed wich is large bomber formations but they have nothing to do with smaller missions.

Imagine attacking a railway with a P47 Razorback or a train with a Typhoon. That can also give us mid-war aircraft for the allies. Spitfires, early P51/P47, Mosquito... for the Germans there are also planes for filling the gap here, simple to build and the career can give you the opportunity to fly other things too if time progresses. This also encourages people to buy BOBP if they want to "continue".

Bombing with marauders ala A20 wich we can already see in game? Check

Skirmishes in the air near the coast of France? Check
Attacking ground targets in the other part of the channel? Check

Use the droptanks that are being developed for BOBP too? Check
Possibility to fly from late 42 to early 44 and continue to BOBP? Check
Possibility for collectors? Check
Possibility for great scripted campaigns (Pierre Clostermann)? Check

Exactly right. The thing about the "Normandy scenario" is you can do a fairly broad time period and have some fun with things. The Allies were conducting a ton of tactical operations over the entire coastal area through 1943 and into 1944 in preparation for the invasion and to also keep the Germans holding troops prepared for invasion and drawing them away from other fronts.

Train attacks, radar installation attacks, V-1/No Ball site attacks. Tons of cool stuff going on.

There's more to the whole thing than just D-Day and then it was done. There's stuff before and after that could all still use the same aircraft set. Heck it'd be interesting to see them do Normandy winter 1943/1944 as well. Nobody has really done that yet there was lots going on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

The more I think about this scenario the more and more I like it. Couldn't sleep much this morning and I got to thinking (dangerous I know).

One of my favourite sims growing up was Aces of the Pacific and following that Aces Over Europe. The second half of AOE is already being covered by Battle of Bodenplatte (except for the Spit XIV and Ar234) and I'd love to fill in the gaps with the first part which was pre-D-Day through to the Falaise Pocket.

Here are some random points:

• Enough Luftwaffe types? Yep I think so. Give non G-6 Collector Plane owners a Normandy specific G-6 Late. The FW190A-6 is interesting enough to be its own thing.
  • The Luftwaffe was drinking beer the whole time? Turns out, involved in heavy day and night action. I recommend the following book as required reading: https://www.amazon.com/2nd-Tactical-Air-Force-Vol/dp/1903223407
  • Retread on Bf109G-6/FW190A-6/Spitfire IX. These would be quick to develop. If it means the team can spend their time make some cool types that take more time like B-25/A-20G/B-26/Do217/Me410/Ju188 flyable? (Probably not anywhere close to all). I'm ok with it and I think many would be too! Bodenplatte was fighter heavy, Normandy could focus a bit more on attack/bomber while filling in the fighter gaps with some already 90% developed types.
  • Invasion fleet? The tech is already there for destroyers so lets do some destroyers, support craft (there's a few famous ones), a run some LCs to shore. DCS World doesn't do the full fleet but it looks okish. Focus on the feeling of the invasion rather than needing to have all 1,000 ships.
  • What about DCS? The battle lines between the two series are centered around deep systems modeling and how the player interacts with that rather than the specific content IMHO. We've already got most of the DCS WWII line-up in Bodenplatte (it's still incongruent that they built a Normandy map but picked aircraft that were involved with Bodenplatte to the end. I know the history but it still an issue). Plus it will be 2022 or 2025 before they catch up content wise if ever.

I think this is very very possible and the problems not insurmountable. As for the Pacific, if we go there next I'd love that too (Aces of the Pacific was a favourite of mine!) but I'm pragmatic and generally love WWII aviation so anything they do would be pretty much of interest to me. If the next one was IL-2: Khalkhin Gol I'd buy it. If Japanese plane references remain an issue I'd be happy if they filled in some details using educated guesses too but I don't know how people felt about that. Maybe they have that sorted out too.

~90% of 190s used in normandy were A8 that we have in bobp, also there was more 190s then 109s so for axis side you then have big problem of makin dlc without airplane that was most used there.

15 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

~90% of 190s used in normandy were A8 that we have in bobp, also there was more 190s then 109s so for axis side you then have big problem of makin dlc without airplane that was most used there.

I am sure there weren't any A8s before 1944 😀

YES! @ShamrockOneFive. Channel battles have always been one of my favourite "battles" but sadly, not represented well in games. In 1946 we had HSFX and other mods but I want to see an official revamp. It has a lot of action and lots of opportunitties. 

The map and scenario (43) wouldn't be a problem at all unlike the planeset.

For allies we could have early Mustangs, razorbacks, spits, mosquitos, marauders, typhoons... for Germans the A6 could do, (Free late G6 for the collector), late Ju88 variants or even a night fighter variant without radar...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LF_Gallahad said:

I am sure there weren't any A8s before 1944 😀

YES! @ShamrockOneFive. Channel battles have always been one of my favourite "battles" but sadly, not represented well in games. In 1946 we had HSFX and other mods but I want to see an official revamp. It has a lot of action and lots of opportunitties. 

The map and scenario (43) wouldn't be a problem at all unlike the planeset.

For allies we could have early Mustangs, razorbacks, spits, mosquitos, marauders, typhoons... for Germans the A6 could do, (Free late G6 for the collector), late Ju88 variants or even a night fighter variant without radar...

Last time i check Battle of Normandy was in 1944

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

Last time i check Battle of Normandy was in 1944

Yes but the conversation shifted a little bit about the general idea that there wasn't only combat in Normandy in the year 1944. I suggest you read the full post, you might even like the idea

Edited by LF_Gallahad

Posted (edited)

if you have channel map and battles for 1942 or 43 then you lose on name advantage of making dlc for that area, i think advantage of Normandy dlc is its name.

1943 Channle map dlc still have problem of making 5 axis airplanes, you cant have late 109g6, you can get 190a6 then, do-217 and thats it, no 410s no ar234 other airplanes are already in game and you have problem of naming it so its atractive.

Edited by 77.CountZero

Posted (edited)

I'm with count zero here - the German planeset you envision isn't very interesting to me. 

And even in your proposals you seem to search for fillers to justify your idea to fly mainly razorback American fighters rather than talk about planes you long to fly on axis side.

I've not read any planeset in this threat that would make me buy this pack. 

And I would love a channel map!

But except for BoB/BoF there is unfortunately no sensible German planeset for this map. 

Edited by Eisenfaustus

6 hours ago, Eisenfaustus said:

I'm with count zero here - the German planeset you envision isn't very interesting to me. 

And even in your proposals you seem to search for fillers to justify your idea to fly mainly razorback American fighters rather than talk about planes you long to fly on axis side.

I've read planeset in this threat that would make me buy this pack. 

And I would love a channel map!

But except for BoB/BoF there is unfortunately no sensible German planeset for this map. 

It's fair that there's some diminishing returns on the German side as most of their aircraft have already been represented. That said, there is an opportunity to put more dev resources in some interesting types that were present, however limited. The Bf110G-2 had a pretty limited presence on the Eastern Front but nobody really gets too worked up if they see one online.

Not many Me410s were kicking around Normandy but there were a few. Same goes for say a Do217. I'd love to see a few types like that filled out.

At this point there's not a theatre that you could do that would introduce anything legitimately interesting from the German side that I can think of. So, the interest would have to be in other types of primary combat aircraft that aren't the 109 or 190 - though they'd have to be there in the pack.

9 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

if you have channel map and battles for 1942 or 43 then you lose on name advantage of making dlc for that area, i think advantage of Normandy dlc is its name.

1943 Channle map dlc still have problem of making 5 axis airplanes, you cant have late 109g6, you can get 190a6 then, do-217 and thats it, no 410s no ar234 other airplanes are already in game and you have problem of naming it so its atractive.

When did the FW190A-6 come on stream in Normandy? Same question for a late tall tail Bf109G-6?

My understanding is that late 1943 early 1944 they come on stream and that means that we can do something like January to August 1944. The Do217 would be in. So would the Me410 according to the RAF score sheets. Pour the dev resources into those later two as I'm sure they can crank out an FW190A-6 and another Bf109G-6 with relative ease at this point.

Naming is not a problem as you do what they did with Bodenplatte. Heck, nobody knows what Bodenplatte is unless you're really into the history yet everyone gets it. Battle of Normandy is the centre point so you call it that but it features a bit of the channel war as a lead-up as Bodenplatte features the whole September to December period as a prelude to the named battle.

There are mountains and there are molehills and most of these are molehills.

To me, I think as of now, IL-2 Battle of Normandy will be announced by the devs not today, not tomorrow,... probably not next year, but eventually. I like everyone's ideas, and yeah, it makes total sense as Normandy would be the perfect continuation for the Western Front in WW2, but when we consider the amount of work that HAS to be done in order to make Normandy (D-day). The job is overwhelming for the devs. There many: types of planes, numbers of planes and ships, V-1s, and one huge map that must be made. Currently, the game engine can't handle large amounts of airplanes, etc. For Bodenplatte, the one major thing we're missing is the Allied Heavy bombers. I feel that doing Normandy now would require the 3rd party teams, Ugra Media and Digital Forms to pull away from their projects and focus solely on making the landing craft, ships, etc.

Normandy already exists in IL-2 1946, and a huge channel map in the near future will be released that can cover the cross-channel flying and the aftermath of D-Day. See here.

channel-200m.jpg?raw=1

Technically, Normandy and the cross-channel flying is already done in IL-2 CloD, just in 1940. The devs have plans to go to the Pacific and would be doing that currently if they had the resources to. I feel that in 2017 when it became clear that the Pacific wasn't happening until at least 2020, they looked into doing Normandy, but decided against it due to the sheer amount of work. As stated above, Normandy is already in the other IL-2 games, but one thing that isn't in IL-2 games (except MODS in 1946) is the Western Front from the Low countries to Germany. IIRC, the last game to include that was CFS3 released back in 2002.

I feel that the devs will hopefully be able to do Normandy, but not now. Doing BoB, Med, and D-Day in IL-2 Great Battles would likely be a get what you want, but not what you need. I think the best solution is to wait until late 2019 when Bodenplatte is fully released and see where the devs are going after.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Since people complained about Bodenplatte being to fighter heavy I think the best option would be to focus on attack and bomber aircraft for Normandy with a few fighters thrown in.

Possible lineup.

AXIS

-Do 217

-Me 410

-Fw 190 A6 (or A7)?

-Ju 87

-Ju  188

Bf 109G6 (Update to the current G6 giving it modifications for late war scenarios)

Allies

-B-26 Marauder

-Mosquito

-P-47 D-22

-Typhoon

-P-51 B/C (collector)

Clearly the Germans are lacking in fighter options but they do have a few interesting attack/bomber options to choose from. The allies have plenty to choose from but I decided it should be mostly Bombers/Fighter Bombers.

Imo this would be a decent list for Normandy (Nov/Dec 43-August 44)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Something that would make an normandy release much more attractive to buy would be an flyable c47 with maybe even ai controlled horsa/waco gliders.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Sounds really good @Legioneod

The only bad thing about a Normandy release is that it would have the standard Typhoon rather than the late one with the four blade propeller and Tempest tail plane that I was looking forward as a future collector for BoBP 😅 and late war boost as well ^^

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard

13 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

When did the FW190A-6 come on stream in Normandy? Same question for a late tall tail Bf109G-6?

For 190A6, units in normandy area started to use them in oct-nov 1943, and in may 44 they started to operate 190A8s
For 109G6 tall tail i dont know exactly, but i guess from mid 44.

I don't understand the complaints about the possible German planes. Of course the fighters wouldn't be so spectacular. But to call them gap fillers is not fair. Because, for example, the F2 and F4 are very similar. Nobody complained there. Also the G2 and G4 have only very small differences. Nobody complained there. So why would a late G6 with some nice options (Erla canopy) and improvements be worse?
And as some others have shown here, it would be possible to get other types like the Me 410 (which I would love to fly). And who complains now should have a look at the Russians, they got 3 x Il-2 and 2 x Pe-2. That's why I can't believe the German side complains that there are not enough different types.  And even if the Normandy scenario turns out to be unsuitable, the options concerning the Germans are still very limited. This also means that Malta or Italy would still have some overlaps.  

• Like 2

Do you know how I would call a G6 (Late) with tall tail fin, erla haube and m/w 50 installed? G14 ^^ G14 is basically a G6 with all usefull late war modifications...

I'm with you concerning me 410s and do 217s - I'd like to fly those as well - however I think they would fit a late eastern front pack better...

And if you want to do late eastern front, you need the last german late war planes available more dearly than for a western front pack.

Western front airial war was mainly strategic and many - including me - find it a pitty that B17/B24 won't be a part of BP although I do understand why it has to be this way. Nevertheless another, even earlier, western front pack excluding strategic bombers would feel even more hollow...

For the Razorback-faction I actually think a battle of sicily or something like that with italian airforce as main opponent and German squadrons available for carreer would be fitting better. This would also leave room to finish the eastern front with a final pack a...

And for the record: Another IL2 with backswept wings or an IL10 would be a welcome addition in my book :)

And another late war yak variant would also be cool

16 hours ago, Legioneod said:

Possible lineup.

AXIS

-Do 217

-Me 410

-Fw 190 A6 (or A7)?

-Ju 87

-Ju  188

Bf 109G6 (Update to the current G6 giving it modifications for late war scenarios)

Allies

-B-26 Marauder

-Mosquito

-P-47 D-22

-Typhoon

-P-51 B/C (collector)

Allied side, no question, those would all be excellent choices that could obviously be used beyond August 1944 and into the Bodenplatte timeframe. 

The issues I see with the Axis planes are some other things people have mentioned: a late G-6 is essentially just a Bf 109 G-14. A G-6/AS would be a more unique type and about the last pre-G-14 plane missing from the Bf 109 lineup (the G-10 came after the G-14, despite what the model numbers say otherwise).

With the bombers, I just don't see them taking on 2 planes like that (development time and all that). What could be modeled, though, is the C-6 attack plane version of the Ju 88, which saw a lot of use on the Normandy front and also was quite common in the East as a train-buster on the maps we already have.

So, all that said, this would be my proposed German plane list:

Bf 109 G-6/AS

Fw 190 A-6

Me 410

Ju 88 C-6

Do 217 or Ju 188

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Allied side, no question, those would all be excellent choices that could obviously be used beyond August 1944 and into the Bodenplatte timeframe. 

The issues I see with the Axis planes are some other things people have mentioned: a late G-6 is essentially just a Bf 109 G-14. A G-6/AS would be a more unique type and about the last pre-G-14 plane missing from the Bf 109 lineup (the G-10 came after the G-14, despite what the model numbers say otherwise).

With the bombers, I just don't see them taking on 2 planes like that (development time and all that). What could be modeled, though, is the C-6 attack plane version of the Ju 88, which saw a lot of use on the Normandy front and also was quite common in the East as a train-buster on the maps we already have.

Bf 109 G-6/AS

Fw 190 A-6

Me 410

Ju 88 C-6

Do 217 or Ju 188

Nice. I didn't realize the G-6/AS was different from the late war G-6 (I know nothing about 109s)

2 hours ago, Legioneod said:

Nice. I didn't realize the G-6/AS was different from the late war G-6 (I know nothing about 109s)

Yes, it was a high-altitude model of the G-6. 

• Haha 1

How many G6/AS were used over Normandy? For example, as far as I know,  I./JG 3 received most of their G6/AS only after they left France and transfered back to Germany.

Posted (edited)
On 6/27/2019 at 6:25 AM, Legioneod said:

Allies

-B-26 Marauder

-Mosquito

-P-47 D-22

-Typhoon

-P-51 B/C (collector)

While I do like the lineup, I would replace the P-51 B/C with an C47 as collector plane since this could give us several operations in the campaign like paratrooper/glider towing/supply drops/enz while the p51 doesn't give us any different operations which we already recieve with the rest, also the p51 has the weakest ground attack capability from the listed aircraft.

Also as an collector plane the C47 could be used in boddenplatte and the eastern front (lend lease c47).

18 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Bf 109 G-6/AS

Fw 190 A-6

Me 410

Ju 88 C-6

Do 217 or Ju 188

Looks like an pretty good lineup and could potentially also give us luftwaffe operations from early 1944 over britain like operation steinbock.

Edited by ww2fighter20
  • Upvote 1

^

4 minutes ago, ww2fighter20 said:

While I do like the lineup, I would replace the P-51 B/C with an C47 as collector plane since this could give us several operations in the campaign like paratrooper/glider towing/supply drops/enz while the p51 doesn't give us any different operations which we already recieve with the rest, also the p51 has the weakest ground attack capability from the listed aircraft.

Also as an collector plane the C47 could be used in boddenplatte and the eastern front (lend lease c47).

Looks like an pretty good lineup and could potentially also give us luftwaffe operations from early 1944 over britain like operation steinbock.

Whole heartedly agree :clapping:

..and the marketing guy from 1C will say :" Naaaaaaa, not going to happen, we got to open our horizons to new things, let's have a look at my beautiful Powerpoint presentation:That's the chart of Old pappys from the 90and 2K's that saw EAW/CFS1/2/il2-FB/PF, always the same theatres of operations, they are bored of it and especially they gonna die soon, so  we got to bring something new to the market that isn't present elsewhere, something that will bring a lot of new potential clients, so we have to aim to asia( a lot of people there it seems) and use their patriotic feelings: let's do kalingogol-stuff or the korea, we'll bring hundreds thousends chinese players in. That will bring $$$ for the stake holders..... and a little $ for the further devlopement....for the pacific if LM 's and NG's royalties aren't too high"....
Keep on dreaming, Normandie won't happen any time soon
:popcorm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Some interesting Tempest V combat reports at the link below.  Including from Normandy 8th June 1944 and on into September, October, December, January, February, March and  April.

109G aircraft types shot down in June 44 and 109 and FW 190 aircraft types shot down in September, October and onwards.

http://www.hawkertempest.se/index.php/piloter/combat-reports

Happy landings,

Talisman

The a/c Fairbanks destroyed on Feb 11 was actually an Ar234B of 1(F)123 flown by Hpt. Hans Felden.

Were there many Storches active on the Normandy front?  I'd very much like to have the chance to use one of those one day, and it would be useful in every other expansion too.

Posted (edited)
On 6/28/2019 at 12:51 PM, Juri_JS said:

How many G6/AS were used over Normandy? For example, as far as I know,  I./JG 3 received most of their G6/AS only after they left France and transfered back to Germany.

Can´t tell you the numbers in total, but by example home defense units, like JG1 were relocated to airfields near Normandy when the show began. IIRC every group of JG1 had one squadron equiped with 109 G6/AS. IIRC it was the same for JG26, JG2 and III./JG54. At the end of june and a month of fighting the Invasion the situation looked grim for JG1.

Unbenannt.jpg

Unbenannt1.jpg

Edited by sevenless

Ugra media...oh lol...

Normandy would be a great DLC map peeps, with a few premium aircraft. That's the best bang for the buck with regard to that theater.

Full release? Doubt it for a few reasons.

First, it's basically more of same as BopP, and doesn't expand the game play.

Maps are 'relatively' easy to create compared to aircraft etc. For the price of a new map and a few premium aircraft we have our Normandy theater.

It's more "109/190 vs", something I keep saying that I think many (most?) of us have had enough of after BopP...putting it mildly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy about BopP and looking forward to it (and building a scripted campaign) but I don't want more Germans vs everyone  going forward after this.

Yes, it would be great to expand on the 9th Air Force and 2 TAF carnage in Normandy and cover what happened just before events on the BobP map... the drive through

the hedgrows, Falaise Gap...etc...however scenery aside it's more or less the same thing as we're about to get. Tactical operations on the continent.

Worthy of some DLC? Absolutely. A full release? I'll be surprised let's put it that way.

The title needs to expand to a new, completely fresh aircraft set...badly. For player base reasons as much as anything else.

If PTO isn't the next FULL release, then I'd rather see Korea than any other WWII theater. 

Caveat to everything I just said - tanks.

A Normandy D-Day plus tank map needs to happen no matter what to grow the TC title.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

If PTO isn't the next FULL release, then I'd rather see Korea than any other WWII theater.

I think the opposite... if PTO can't be a thing yet, fleshing out more WW2 either by Normandy, late Italy, Finland, etc would be preferred. I would like to see Korea only after WW2 is decently covered (we won't get to 100% but at least a bit of each main theater).

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard

2 minutes ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

I think the opposite... if PTO can't be a thing yet, fleshing out more WW2 either by Normandy, late Italy, Finland, etc would be preferred. I would like to see Korea only after WW2 is decently covered (we won't get to 100% but at least a bit of each main theater).

Which is a position that I completely understand.

WII just has an intrinsic problem that most of it is "109/190 vs X" which causes a problem after a while IMHO from a interest standpoint, which also translates into sales.

Now if you're just a German aircraft nut, then you don't mind this and you'll be wanting Finland, Italy etc. (before someone mentions it, yes I know about the Italian aircraft...sort of)

PTO is as fresh as you can get while staying in WWII...short of that you're stuck going to Korea to really shake up the plane set...that's all I'm saying.

I'd love to see Normandy, I'm just not convinced that it warrants a full release.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/22/2019 at 5:21 PM, Legioneod said:

主要是由于某些不准确性以及引擎在游戏中建模的方式

what kind of inaccuracy and model? I am curious.

On 6/21/2019 at 7:49 PM, ShamrockOneFive said:

根据他的估计,团队需要一整年的时间来开发一个大型轰炸机。

It means a B-17=10 single/twin engine plane?:o:hard to believe

Edited by 8./JG5_seaflanker819
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, 8./JG5_seaflanker819 said:

对于什么样的不准确和模型?我好奇。

这意味着B-17 = 10单/双引擎飞机?:O:难以置信

?

1分钟前,ShamrockOneFive说:

It take 1 year to make a new map and ten small planes compare to we need 1 year to made a B-17

1 minute ago, 8./JG5_seaflanker819 said:

It take 1 year to make a new map and ten small planes compare to we need 1 year to made a B-17

At least a year. 16 months may be more realistic apparently.

Also your quote of me is somehow in Chinese characters.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

oh, excuse me, recently my connection to il2 website is not very well and I need to refresh it for thousand times to submit reply just now. Every refresh google will automatically translate English to Chinese(im a Chinese) and I forgot to cancel when I finally submit it:lol:

20 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

So why it takes such long time? 10 times than a single engine plane

holy crap... why I had to struggle with bad connection? The network at night in the university is totally a disaster:joy:

Edited by 8./JG5_seaflanker819
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, 8./JG5_seaflanker819 said:

So why it takes such long time? 10 times than a single engine plane

Each crew position is more or less the equivalent of one fighter cockpit. That's why it would take so long. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1