Han

Developer Diary 218 - Discussion

Posted (edited)

Great update!  I noticed pictures of the soon to be released 262 but Dora was conspicuously absent from the pictures.  Did Dora have a squabble with the rest of the the hanger?  Is she saying, "I'm a collector plane and don't need to appear with mere regular planes and 'shudder' AI?"

Remind her the P-38 is also a collector plane and she appeared in her own photo spread today.

Or-is that the problem?  The P-38 this week and the 262 previously appeared without their colorful paint jobs.  Did Dora just refuse to appear in a photo spread where the P-38 nude photos appear?  😀

Seriously, this is a wonderful view into the progress.  Thanks.  My only worry was not seeing dive brakes under the wings of the P-38L-25, but I looked closer and they are there, just faint and not prominent in the picture.    All -25 aircraft had the dive brakes installed on the production line during original assembly, not as a post-assembly upgrade and not as a retrofit as was done with L models already deployed.  The P-38L-25 was the first model built with the dive brakes and power-assisted ailerons as original equipment.  

Edited by TP_Sparky

and I can finally visit the tank museum in Munster at least on BOBP map.

8 minutes ago, TP_Sparky said:

Great update!  I noticed pictures of the soon to be released 262 but Dora was conspicuously absent from the pictures.  Did Dora have a squabble with the rest of the the hanger?  Is she saying, "I'm a collector plane and don't need to appear with mere regular planes and 'shudder' AI".

Remind her the P-38 is also a collector plane and she appeared in her own photo spread today.

Or-is that the problem?  The P-38 this week and the 262 previously appeared without their colorful paint jobs.  Did Dora just refuse to appear in a photo spread where the P-38 nude photos appear?  😀

Seriously, this is a wonderful view into the progress.  Thanks.  My only worry is not seeing dive brakes under the wings of the P-38L-25.  All -25 aircraft had the dive brakes installed on the production line during original assembly, not as a post-assembly upgrade and not as a retrofit as was done with L models already deployed.  The P-38L-25 was the first model built with the dive brakes and power-assisted ailerons as original equipment.  

I think that Dora is ready, so she can be hopefully released with the tanks in near future(read two weeks) :joy:

• Upvote 1

I especially appreciate that all the new maps will have winter modes because that's the most realistic look by far 😍

All the other seasons look more like the surface of Mars, with blurry and unrealistic ground textures (I hope this post won't get censored-away for this criticism).

• Upvote 1

I can see it now, out casually flying around by the coast:

"Where are we?" asks one pilot.

"this could be rotterdam, or anywhere..."

What an update!  I am imagining tank, infantry and plane battles coming to life as all these updates culminate into a more fully realized vision for this project, and it's exciting.  ,😀

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, WheelwrightPL said:

I especially appreciate that all the new maps will have winter modes because that's the most realistic look by far 😍

All the other seasons look more like the surface of Mars, with blurry and unrealistic ground textures (I hope this post won't get censored-away for this criticism).

Just a suggestion.  To avoid the possibility of trouble and to rightfully credit the hard work by the designers you might consider restating your comment as "The winter map photos posted look phenomenal, very realistic.  It's by far my favorite seasonal presentation of the Bobp map I've seen so far but maybe it's had more work."

Just a suggestion.  They work hard and it's a huge map and remember how far we've come.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you won't. The tank museum (apart from the fact that it wasn't present in WW2, of course) is located in Munster. The city we got in BOBP is Münster. Only two small dots, but still a whole different place 😉

Great DD, just as always!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Cool screenshots of the BoBP cities, really great art work - however, considering that the campaign was in January 1945, wouldn't it be more realistic that the cityscape especially of the Rhein/Ruhr area cities like Cologne, Dortmund, Duisburg, Duesseldorf etc. would be represented in an almost fully destroyed condition ? I mean it is for sure nice to fly over an authentically modeled cityscape with it's historical buildings etc., but in context with the Bodenplatte campaign, where the Ruhr area and it's major cities were already almost flattened it would feel a bit odd, wouldn't it ?! 

Can't wait to get my hands on the flight control stick of the 262 :dance:

Edited by Geleitzug
  • Upvote 1

Boysss and Girlsss,

THHHHHAAAAAAANNNNK YOU 

for your GREAT ( HUGE for the Map 😉 )  work.

I am speechless like Blooddawn1942.

Have a nice and well deserved weekend .

Thanks again

Wolfskid

Awesome Dev Diary guys! I cant wait for the Me 262, looks fantastic and that P-38 has me excited :good:.

I'm a lurker but just had to say this is really nice work. Hope my ancient i5 2500k, gtx 980 will run this beautiful map.

That is a heavy DD. Nice things all around. Outstanding work as always!

3 hours ago, Big_Al_the_Allo said:

Wow, I'm amazed.

I would not have thought that there are already news today! Great work. The Cologne Cathedral reminds me of my visits in Cologne :)
And with the two-tailed devil I can hardly hold myself back.  Thank you for your hard work! :salute:

Agree completely. :yahoo:

Now that is a really awesome DD, something for everyone.;)

As much as the new aircraft are all amazing in their own way it is still the maps I am most looking forward to, I do hope we will not have to suffer any no fly zones on Bodenplatte like we do on Moscow.:drinks:

All great stuff guys, thank you very much for the hard  work, really appreciated.:salute:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

2 hours ago, OBT-Psycho said:

duuuude,

is that the "interallies monument" in Liege that I see on this image?  The topography seems to point to that but just wanna check...

Yes it is. Without cellphones antenna's! 😀

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Fritz_X said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you won't. The tank museum (apart from the fact that it wasn't present in WW2, of course) is located in Munster. The city we got in BOBP is Münster. Only two small dots, but still a whole different place

Great DD, just as always!

Of course I know that it wasnt present in WW2 and you are right with the " ü " ! Damned! :dash:

Edited by Voidhunger
  • Like 1

Have an idea, but not sure. What does DD stand for?

• Haha 1

Dev Diary.

Glad  you guys are enjoying the diary pics. The P-38 is just awesome. When I saw it in person on my trip to the office a couple weeks ago I was floored. And don't worry about the Dora it is coming along great and the Tempest is being built as well. Same artist who is doing the Dora. Oh and I have seen the P-51 in its early form and it looks super great too. All good t hings coming as I mentioned a few weeks ago. The team and our partners are firing on all cylinders these days.

Jason

• Like 9
  • Thanks 11
  • Upvote 15

darn this makes me wanna throw money at my screen! Best sim Dev team... No ... Best Dev Team EVER!

Just now, Dutch2 said:

1C, Think for the city’s you miss Venlo (Fliegerhorst) and Tilburg & Breda (Gilze-Riijen) as there was an intresting German airfields. Think Amsterdam is not that interesting for  BoBpl, or it is needed for toerism.  

http://www.oisterwijk-marketgarden.com/fliegerhorst_gilze-rijen_part i.html

http://www.strijdbewijs.nl/fliegerhorst/venlo.htm

I kind of miss Eindhoven as well...

Posted (edited)

Great job devs! 

Liège in 1944.

You can notice the "Basilique du Sacré Coeur" and the  "Monument Inter-alliés" (number 2 in the last pic).

Cheers,

f2644-bombardements_1944.jpg

b1eee-bombardements-cointe-1944-2.jpg

Edited by PA-Sniv

Posted (edited)

Words fail me... Absolutely astonishing stuff all around. 

Those cityscapes and their landmarks... Wow. 

The B-25, I want to win the lottery just so I can bribe you guys a million Dollars to make it flyable. 

The Me 262 looks super sleek and fast in that gorgeos model. 

And the P-38, the one I'm looking forward to the most. One of the prettiest aircraft ever designed and the one that looks the best in bare metal finish. Can't wait to see it fully skinned. Also, beautiful work on the cockpit, it looks very unique. 

Great times ahead for all of us. 

Edited by Finkeren
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, BadBud said:

Have an idea, but not sure. What does DD stand for?

Developer Diary

That B-25 looks just too damn good not to fly. Keeping everything crossed that we'll be able to strap into in that beautiful aircraft  in the very near future.

Outstanding work from all involved in this wonderful project.

R9NiZIX.jpg.5bb0847fcf8e7f29b9df89f5d68c847e.jpg

Thanks to the ladies of the world, enjoy your special day tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

All this is very impressive

Good work !

I fully expect the B-25 to become player flyable as a purchasable collector craft. :coffee:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Thad said:

I fully expect the B-25 to become player flyable as a purchasable collector craft. :coffee:

Once upon a time the Ju-52 was AI only, be patient

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Voidhunger said:

I think that Dora is ready, so she can be hopefully released with the tanks in near future(read two weeks) :joy:

Go to Munster personally. The visit is worth every minute you will spend there.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Brano said:

Go to Munster personally. The visit is worth every minute you will spend there.

I know , I know ....maybe with older kids one day

Whew. Can’t wait to get some cross-countries in that p-38 :)  

I will pay everything for flyable B-25, really, i really want to play in this small ,,Memphis Belle''.

Posted (edited)

I did my homework today and it must be possible to fly through the Arc du Cinquantenaire with planes with a wingspan less than 10 meters.

So have fun in your Fokker Dr.1 or I-16. :):fly:

Jubelpark..jpg

Edited by Uufflakke
  • Haha 6

You guys are incredible.  I'm speechless …. and drooling in anticipation!