Han

Game version 3.011 discussion: Fokker D.VII, Sopwith Dolphin, Tank Crewmans

Great hotfixes and communication like no other.  First class !

Thanks for your work guys 😄

Really appreciate this fast response and bug removal guys- I'm fully aware that it's not standard nowadays

Thanks very much Han, great customer support again. 😎  😎

Mike.

All off-topic posts deleted. This is not the topic for that.

Use the appropriate topic in the right subsection but do not duplicate discussions already had.

Haash

On 3/5/2019 at 10:18 AM, EpeeNoire said:

Then tell us, please! 

Not a good idea to publicly talk about experimental work in progress.  It's one thing to do DDs on stuff that is promised, has a known path to success,  and will be delivered.  I suspect that the AI and performance enhancements are ongoing but much more vague, so you will only find out about improvements in those areas as they are done.

• Upvote 2

Well done Han and The Team!:salute:

• Like 1

A small development team, a steady stream of updates, good communication with your user base...

As a software developer, I can tell you guys are a perfect example of Continuous Integration done right

Keep up the great work! 😎

9 hours ago, Voidhunger said:

My only gripe in this update is that FC AI planes are extremely passiv now. Before the update it was "ok". Now they fly away. Sometimes only camel is willing to fight (1 or 2 planes ) and the rest is flying away.

I noticed this too with a  Camel yesterday, so I disengaged, only to find him bouncing back on me!  It was surprising and refreshing!  😃

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/5/2019 at 6:21 PM, smink1701 said:

Hey Jason, have you ever  ever been frustrated when dogfighting that you rarely see what you’re shooting at since the enemy is constantly turning. You must fire in front of the enemy in hopes of a deflection shot  so many times they don’t even appear in your line of sight.  This is serious flaw and since this is a combat flight simulator I think many feel should be a top priority in terms of effort, resources, etc.  if there is something in the works behind the scenes I for one would love to hear about it ! 

Have you tried to set the AI to Veteran or Ace?
If you have, then you will also know that the AI do more than just turn.
-Loops?
-No, there I agree!

Anyway, love this update.

Edited by 6./ZG26_Loke

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, sgorozco37 said:

A small development team, a steady stream of updates, good communication with your user base...

As a software developer, I can tell you guys are a perfect example of Continuous Integration done right

Keep up the great work! 😎

I noticed this too with a  Camel yesterday, so I disengaged, only to find him bouncing back on me!  It was surprising and refreshing!  😃

I stopped playing FC, because AI is not fighting. Ill wait for some updates or return to ROF.

If I disengage I will be alone, you need to quickly engage at least one plane before it fly away

Edited by Voidhunger

21 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Not a good idea to publicly talk about experimental work in progress.  It's one thing to do DDs on stuff that is promised, has a known path to success,  and will be delivered.  I suspect that the AI and performance enhancements are ongoing but much more vague, so you will only find out about improvements in those areas as they are done.

I think the AI and performance enhancements are proceeding in an ad-hoc fashion, where they can squeeze them in or bundle them together with the work on BoBP when it makes sense.  They get done when they have resources to spare or when it merges nicely with something they're already doing. Since the work is 'when able' there's not much point in announcing anything about it until it happens. 

Considering the amount of talk on the forums about these issues, obviously there will be an announcement when there are big plans in progress. Until then, no news means no news.

35 minutes ago, =KG76=flyus747 said:

Can we get our previous replays working again?

The developers don't maintain backwards compatibility with replays. This would involve a humongous amount of work, and they have higher priorities.

3 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

The developers don't maintain backwards compatibility with replays. This would involve a humongous amount of work, and they have higher priorities.

It's simply impossible sometimes as we have to make changes to core elements that break the previous recordings. I hate this too, but there is simply no way we can guarantee such forever compatibility. I have complained about this internally since the ROF days and the team has demonstrated to me on multiple occasions why this is impossible. It is a side effect of constant development unfortunately.

Jason 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, 6./ZG26_Loke said:

Have you tried to set the AI to Veteran or Ace?
If you have, then you will also know that the AI do more than just turn.
-Loops?
-No, there I agree!

Anyway, love this update.

Have not tried this but will. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 hour ago, Voidhunger said:

stopped playing FC, because AI is not fighting

Yep, seems to be an issue. Had hoped when I saw a HF released this would be addressed as well. I am sure it will be soon.

1 hour ago, RedKestrel said:

I think the AI and performance enhancements are proceeding in an ad-hoc fashion, where they can squeeze them in or bundle them together with the work on BoBP when it makes sense.  They get done when they have resources to spare or when it merges nicely with something they're already doing. Since the work is 'when able' there's not much point in announcing anything about it until it happens. 

Considering the amount of talk on the forums about these issues, obviously there will be an announcement when there are big plans in progress. Until then, no news means no news.

That is definitely true, but there is more.  It's a different kind of task.  Even if they had somebody totally dedicated to it the task would be impossible to time box.  I have done these sorts of things and the fact is you just don't know what you are going to find until you find it.  Much more akin to bug fixing than feature development. 

Q: "when will the bug be fixed?"

A: "probably a few hours after I figure out what's causing it, but maybe not".  

Q: "how long will it take you to figure out the cause?"

A: "No idea"

• Upvote 2

Your record of hot fixes after updates is unsurpassed - once again Bravo Zulu team. You is de best ebber.

Great work.

But I have a question that may seem stupid:

You all know the map of Stalingrad and the petroleum fires that are always burning, ok, with the new Dolphin WW1 plane I did a flyover (at a very low altitude) in one of these fires and look at the picture.

Do you see as I the damage to my plane and I can assure you that there was no enemy ground or air force present?2019_3_7__0_14_36.thumb.jpg.6e17cc7a8da892f5c5e23185a4b62e54.jpg

Do these fires now cause damages?! :salute: 

Are you sure you didn't hit a tree, senseispcc?

Incredibly impressive work and dedication by the dev team to keep polishing this flight sim.

So those asking about the driver poking his head out of the drivers hatch, doesnt look like its possible like the Devs stated. When driving the drivers hatch is open but they remain seated even when driving back into the garage. I think if it was possible they would turn out like some of you are asking for. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Field-Ops said:

So those asking about the driver poking his head out of the drivers hatch, doesnt look like its possible like the Devs stated. When driving the drivers hatch is open but they remain seated even when driving back into the garage. I think if it was possible they would turn out like some of you are asking for. 

Sorry, I was one of them asking for it - but, alas, although being quite informed and generally interested in tank warfare too, I did a mistake and confounded my thoughts with

the Tiger II (King Tiger - silly me!) and therefore asked for this option. A bitter realising for me, as I usually have a good and broad knowledge - damn, why didn't I check my

initial thoughts before. I think it's also due to the fact, that I'm getting old and saying this, now it springs to my mind, that I just turned 55 years today. Hooray!!!

Cheers to all and thanks

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

Sorry, I was one of them asking for it - but, alas, although being quite informed and generally interested in tank warfare too, I did a mistake and confounded my thoughts with

the Tiger II (King Tiger - silly me!) and therefore asked for this option. A bitter realising for me, as I usually have a good and broad knowledge - damn, why didn't I check my

initial thoughts before. I think it's also due to the fact, that I'm getting old and saying this, now it springs to my mind, that I just turned 55 years today. Hooray!!!

Cheers to all and thanks

Now the Tiger II tank I believe, I remember seeing videos of that with the driver turned out. Not a big deal and its good to just generally have discussion about these things. Happy birthday by the way.

• Thanks 1

Nice to have a quick patch update.  The previous update was leading to Il2 crashes with my testing VR and this has resolved them.  With a combination of Windows 10 update, New Nvidia Drivers and Pimax software and now this patch - Il2 is flying better than ever.  In VR I am pushing render targets that were not possible or playable a couple weeks ago.

I have noticed though - ground handling on Axis fighters has become a little more of a handful - is it just me or has anyone else noticed such?

The tiger 1 driver couldn't turn out whilst driving as the hatch was offset from the drivers seat anyway. 

Even on the panther the driver could turn out and drive only if they had installed the control extensions.

Blitze, I had a 109G go 'Pirouette Mode' when I unlocked the tailwheel and tried to taxi

first time with new patch.

Done it a hundred times before no problem.

Suddenly I was all over the taxiway.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who suddenly can't taxi straight.

5 hours ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

Cheers to all and thanks

Happy birthday!!

Maybe that means we need to get the King Tiger for the next installment, Tank Crew: Clash at the Ardennes.

• Thanks 1

Great update!  So impressed I purchased the tank component and it didn’t disappoint.

Thank you very much to all for the update and fixes, really appreciated.:cool:

The tank crew figures look even more impressive when up close and personal in game rather than in images, awesome.:drinks:

The aircraft, well, as always they are outstanding works.;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

I was using QMB just now and something new happen. I had to chase a car, not a truck, a car.
The trucks and cars always stop and become sitting ducks and do nothing, but this time was different and super fun! I almost hit a tree in the process. It is not that easy to shot a car on the run. I was flying a D.VII in Stalingrad.

I wish it happen more often.

Would it be related to the new update or some coincidence?

Hello dev i have a question

are you going to change the tracer effect back? back then there was an apparent tracers smoke/vapour trailing behind the bullet. Now its just a glowing bullet, the smoke/vapour effect is less apparent

Regards

6 hours ago, 69th_Ustio said:

Hello dev i have a question

are you going to change the tracer effect back? back then there was an apparent tracers smoke/vapour trailing behind the bullet. Now its just a glowing bullet, the smoke/vapour effect is less apparent

Regards

Hope not, it was way over done , now looks more realistic.

Posted (edited)

But how soon is really soon for the tanks? 😃

Edited by willb0408

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 2:30 AM, -IRRE-Therion said:

Cheers to all and thanks

You youngster you. I'm 68. 😀

• Haha 1

Hello, ever since I updated the game to this version, my game works a couple of times, then I get this:

image.png.43ef9e53acce95f1aace6d24cdab007f.png

I have to uninstall the game and loose all my career progress and reinstall.  The game works a couple times again then does this error again.  Any suggestments please?