Han

Game version 3.011 discussion: Fokker D.VII, Sopwith Dolphin, Tank Crewmans

Please add to your list mouse and keyboard commands ignored.

6 hours ago, 71st_AH_Barnacles said:

I hope one day they break the FM on the 190 A8 so it doesn't overheat all the time.

This day is here.

My test - summer, Fw 190 A-8 circling at max throttle with repsect to engine time limits (engine helper is on) at 200..1500m at 250..300km/h (a the limit of stall). Engine cowl outlet shutters 100% opened.

No overheat after 30 mins.

So overheat start to appear only in speed is drop below 250 km/h and disappear when speed grow above 250 km/h.

I see no general troubles here.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

What can I add  more than the Usual - you ( 1C / /777 ) are UNIQUE!

Keep giving me this REALLY BIG TIME I get from playing IL-2 Great Battles - it's by far my Preferred Ever flightsim - finally something put MS FLIGHT to 2nd place 🙂

I just would like to get the guts to buy TC, and start playing it, but I was never able to play any non-aviation sims for more than 1 day, so it would probably be a waste of time 😕 and money....

But I look fwd for the P51d, and that D-9 🙂

My Hat Off to you, and the full baldness of my simmer head is in sight!

Edited by jcomm
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SShrike said:

Have you ever tried " Lead pursuit". Works for me against AI and always brings them out of the turn. I assumed they kept turning because they have defeated your guns solution. Why then would they need to evade if they are evading by keeping you out of the firing envelope. Just try something different. See what happens. 

Low or High Yoyo works good as well for me....

Concerning the update:

I am impressed how fast is dev's solution to the hot bugs when the new patch is released. Well done devs!

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7. Projectile ricochet modeling became more complex;

I would like to know if this change affects airplane weaponry, or is it just for tanks?

RGDS

1 hour ago, Han said:

This day is here.

My test - summer, Fw 190 A-8 circling at max throttle with repsect to engine time limits (engine helper is on) at 200..1500m at 250..300km/h (a the limit of stall). Engine cowl outlet shutters 100% opened.

So overheat start to appear only in speed is drop below 250 km/h and disappear when speed grow above 250 km/h.

Sorry Han. What I said first was wrong

What I should have said is that the A8 is very overheat prone compared to the A5, even at similar speeds, powers and cowl settings.

• Like 1

The Dolphin was the only aircraft I always disliked and never flew in Rise of Flight. In VR it is a whole new experience and I finally fell in love with the ugly Flipper. :)

• Haha 1

Hi gents,

first of all - many many thanks to the dev team, great work as always. Now, with the tank crew implemented (gorgeous work!), I realized

when driving the tank (driver position) it's not possible to drive the tank with the open hatch anymore. As soon as the driver's or radio

operator's hatch is open you can't drive anymore. The only open hatch position allowing to continue driving the tank is the commander's

position. So, is this per design or maybe a little bug?

Or a possible reason might be the relaxed posture modeled for the driver and radio man, which of course makes sense when the tank

is not moving. So, there should be 3 modeled postures (positions) for the driver (at least) and the radio man - in the future. And while

we're on it, I think the loader shouldn't face the back hatch of the turret - he should instead be standing ready faced towards the breech.

Cheerio

Great dev diary. Its nice to see all simultaneous projects moving foward nicely like this. I always bought all GB early access projects from day one and I have to say, I have never regreted it.

My only gripe in this update is that FC AI planes are extremely passiv now. Before the update it was "ok". Now they fly away. Sometimes only camel is willing to fight (1 or 2 planes ) and the rest is flying away.

Why I hate this update :negative:

- Game blurry after update

- Crash to Desktop

- Hanging on Loading Screen

- and the buggy mess after this update

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

Now, with the tank crew implemented (gorgeous work!), I realized

when driving the tank (driver position) it's not possible to drive the tank with the open hatch anymore.

The driver can't reach the controls in this position.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Great to have new aircraft but kinda disappointing, no BoOP news or content. ROF development was affected once BoS came along and now FC and tank crew is here I can’t help but feel BoX development is being slowed by the side projects. Quick question, did you hire new employees to work on FC / tank crew or are existing staff being used to work on them? aka is manpower / work hours being taken away from BoX to work on the other releases. 

Edited by Bullets
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

The driver can't reach the controls in this position.

Thank you for your reply, Sneaksie. Yes, I know with the actual relaxing posture the driver will not be able to reach the controls - correct.

But in real life the driver could drive the tank with the hatch open, that's why I suggested 3 postures (positions) for the driver:

1. Seated low when hatch is closed

2. Elevated seating position for driving with hatch open

3. Fully elevated seating position when relaxed.

Don't take me wrong - I do not criticize your work - I only made an observation and thus gave a suggestion. If this can be done, is absolutely

up to you and the tank dev team. I'm still happy with what we already have. It's just a detail.

Cheers

14 minutes ago, Bullets said:

Great to have new aircraft but kinda disappointing, no BoOP news or content. ROF development was affected once BoS came along and now FC and tank crew is here I can’t help but feel BoX development is being slowed by the side projects. Quick question, did you hire new employees to work on FC / tank crew or are existing staff being used to work on them? aka is manpower / work hours being taken away from BoX to work on the other releases. 

They already mentioned many times, that FC and TC are produced by a 3rd party crew (partnership) - so, BOX is definitely not slowed down by these products.

And while we're at it - did you notice that we got a lot more updates in the past concerning BOX? So, relax and have a beer, mate.

Cheerio

Edited by -IRRE-Therion

Look at the tank driver station please - even with only the head above the hatch, the driver won't be able to reach the controls and pedals.

14 minutes ago, Bullets said:

I know how you feel, but more likely it is just the feeling when not every update brings forward those things one hopes for. IMO the updates are even more frequent as there are several projects running.

Also I don't feel that work power has been taken away from BoX, in fact I am really really happy that I'll get more maps to BoX on the process.

• Like 2

A nice sounding update, thanks !

17 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

Look at the tank driver station please - even with only the head above the hatch, the driver won't be able to reach the controls and pedals.

We are talking and meaning the same, Sneaksie. Of course, with this posture (arms outside) the driver won't be able to reach the controls. But

in real life / historical life the driver could open his hatch, raise the seat only to stick out his head and still be able to handle the tank.

I have to say that these new, and existing, WWI planes are absolutely fantastic in VR, like the I-16, you really get the sense of sitting out in the open, the small size of these aircraft and all the little details that pop out in VR, ammunition feeding, speeding anemometers, and lots lots more, absolutely stunning work.

Thank you and well done.

Witch

Posted (edited)
On 3/6/2019 at 8:44 AM, Han said:

his day is here.

Hallo Han, in context of the test report:

http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/fw190/BMW_VB_126.pdf
posted by Papafly in FM Forum, are the temperature of A8 strange.

This A5 has an Engine with the increased boost, we have in the A8. Engine and cooling should be equal.

On page 5, point 3 Zylinderkopftemperaturen:
Geflogen wurde dabei mit, va=265-270 km/h, die Kiemenklappen waren  auf "Stellung 3" geöffnet.

It was flown with va = 265-270 km / h, the gill flaps were opened to "position 3".

This is for 2700 U/min and increased boost pressure.

If i try*1*2 this on Stalingrad summer, i get a overheat message at approximately *1= 2100 *2=3100m.

83 %fuel

after start, outlet shutters 75% opened

va approximately 270-280 km/h

2400 rpm and 1.32 ata

83 %fuel

after start outlet shutters 75% opened

va approximately 270-280 km/h

2700 rpm and 1.58/1.65 ata

P.S. Values corrected. Maked two faults. First mistake, A5  Outlet flaps Stellung 3 is 75% ingame. Second mistake, taked stalingrad autumn, to match temperature at page 6, but i must take summer, to get close to temperature from  diagramm page 7. I am sorry fot that.

Edited by L3Pl4K
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

We are talking and meaning the same, Sneaksie. Of course, with this posture (arms outside) the driver won't be able to reach the controls. But

in real life / historical life the driver could open his hatch, raise the seat only to stick out his head and still be able to handle the tank.

You are wrong. The first Tigers did not have the option of driving the tank from an open hatch. This was not possible thanks to the concept of the tank, when the driver was slightly to the right under the hatch with the controls of tank. It is correct in the game. 

Edited by I./JG1_Baron
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

They already mentioned many times, that FC and TC are produced by a 3rd party crew (partnership) - so, BOX is definitely not slowed down by these products.

And while we're at it - did you notice that we got a lot more updates in the past concerning BOX? So, relax and have a beer, mate.

Cheerio

Ah cheers pal, i think I knew external models of the FC aircraft were being updated 3rd party but I thought flight models might have been done “in house” cheers for clearing that up. Yes I did 😅

Posted (edited)

Thank you for the update, including some love for force feedback :)

Happy landings,

Talisman

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman
  • Upvote 1

Great update.  Having a great deal of fun with this sim, thanks devs!

I haven't gone through the four pages so this might have been answered, but has the bug been fixed where pilot is killed minutes after successful landing in MP?

Thanks

Love the tank crews already, do hope they will get more animations in future, especially a loading animation for loaders. Imagine this would be rather complex to do though, to ensure it lines up with the breech in all positions, especially with casemate designs like the SU-122 and 152 when those release. 

Interesting, those sort of gutters or rails ahead of the muzzle of the D.VII's machineguns. What are those? Are they supposed to prevent the engine from being hit by one's own bullets? 

Totally agree with praise of the VR Dolphinin FC its really an improvement on the RoF version I love the vision without a top wing getting in the way.I do find the the Addis sight almost useless however.

I do hope we get louder gun sounds in the future .To me they seem a bit subdued compared to wind & engine noise,

Good work guys!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Han said:

Today to be fixed:

- Guns convergence,

- P-47 supercharger overrrun,

- Pz-III-H unable to hit,

- Lewis bullets overspreading,

- Black mission loading screens.

What we have missed in this list?

You guys are awesome. Please never take any criticism from me as negative! Love everything you guys do.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Great work as always...🤙

9 hours ago, Han said:

Today to be fixed:

- Guns convergence,

- P-47 supercharger overrrun,

- Pz-III-H unable to hit,

- Lewis bullets overspreading,

- Black mission loading screens.

What we have missed in this list?

I was really enjoying the Lewis bullets overspreading (someone forgot to tighten a bolt on the mounting?)

Not a bug, but moving the Hs-129's Mk-101 and Mk-103 to weapon group 3 would be a nice addition.

• Like 3

Well done team, i love all of the new content and fixes.

Your hard work is always appreciated.

Posted (edited)

I really like the buffeting shudder effect.  The DVII is like butter too, you really see what an advantage those yaw-canceling ailerons give.  Feels like it turns faster than a camel, exhibited perfect hammerhead abilities too.  I was actually having a little success fighting wwii fighters in it.  Just wish the 'duel' setting in quick mission took into account that you were in wwi vs wwii aircraft. 

The 'conversions' really feel like new aircraft, not just transfers from RoF, very nicely done!

I was getting some strange loading behavior where after the mission started everything beside the terrain was invisible and gradually each thing loaded (lower cockpit, wings, other aircraft models, tracers).  Led to a black screen so hopefully that fix will fix this as well.

Edited by CAFulcrum
  • Like 1

Excellent Maintenance and Support team. Fast diagnostics, lightspeed intervention. Devs you are great! Kudos.

• Like 1