Han

Game version 3.011 discussion: Fokker D.VII, Sopwith Dolphin, Tank Crewmans

Never really cared for flying the Dolphin before......................until now. Good show!

Still love the D.VII. Another good show!!

BadBud

55 minutes ago, Thad said:

Have you even considered that. after a game patch, the server operators haven't , as yet, updated their servers to the new patch? Uhmm… could be.

Relax, give it a day or three.  :coffee:

Some servers take upwards of a week to ten days to implement new content into their maps.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LukeFF said:

No problem. :) In addition, to move those Lewis guns, the "Change Firing Position" command is used.

Thanks, you just made my day :)

Oh, do the tilted guns cause drag? I couldn't feel the effect.

Edited by J2_Bidu

2 minutes ago, ZG15_dasSofa said:

Tanks and WW1 Planes are more important than BOBP ?

Yes, if you like to drive tanks and pilot WW1 planes😎

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, smink1701 said:

Hey Jason, have you ever  ever been frustrated when dogfighting that you rarely see what you’re shooting at since the enemy is constantly turning. You must fire in front of the enemy in hopes of a deflection shot  so many times they don’t even appear in your line of sight.  This is serious flaw and since this is a combat flight simulator I think many feel should be a top priority in terms of effort, resources, etc.  if there is something in the works behind the scenes I for one would love to hear about it ! 

Our AI is not perfect and I have a limited number or programmers. When we can make changes you'll know just like always, but to claim we don't do anything about it is wrong. I like to make don't make promises I can't keep so when I have something to say about further AI tweaks I will. 

Jason

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 7

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, ZG15_dasSofa said:

Tanks and WW1 Planes are more important than BOBP ?

No they are not. Only dev team is small and they did their best. Patience pleace. 

Edited by I./JG1_Baron
  • Upvote 1

And remember, the WWI planes are being done by a subsidiary so they don't really slow down other development (much).

• Upvote 1

Great job Team  Your Hard work is Appreciated  Thanks                                              Hope My DX Crash is gone now ?

Posted (edited)

Great job guys as always 😘.

But something seems off with the convergence. Can somebody pls check it? For me if i set it to 300m the bullets never cross and just fly in a straight line.

Edited by =ARTOA=Dingens

3 hours ago, 615sqn_Buzz said:

Please, can you check if you always have access to the recordings in "flight recorder"?

Seems all previous flight recordings are now incompatible with this game version (3.011). Farewell recordings you will be missed...

VxO9KBd.png

• Sad 1

Very nice,very nice,very nice,very nice ...thank you for your hard work and dedication superb job.

Awesome! Tank crew specially is a welcome change! Here hoping we will have voices for "gun ready" and the such :)

• Upvote 1

Hate to bring this up in the update thread, but is there a chance you guys could implement a higher zoom functionality for VR? Is that on the cards? You guys did a really great job with the VR limits, it's a night and day difference now. Just hoping for an increased zoom so we don't have to use the mod to play online. Sorry for posting this in here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Hard to keep up with these updates, would it be possible to limit them to one a year please?

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

The p-47 has some weird issues now with the turbo spooling even though engine boost is set at 0, I was just flying along and the turbo was spinning at 30k rpm, with no turbo on, then turning the turbo up it lowers the turbo RPM, you could hear it spooling like crazy. This was all right after take off at low altitude it shouldn't even be able to reach those speeds especially with the boost lever all the way back. Supposedly the engine modes are switching all randomly as well but I didn't see that one. I can make a video if that would help.

Edited by JonRedcorn
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JonRedcorn said:

The p-47 has some weird issues now with the turbo spooling even though engine boost is set at 0, I was just flying along and the turbo was spinning at 30k rpm, with no turbo on, then turning the turbo up it lowers the turbo RPM, you could hear it spooling like crazy. This was all right after take off at low altitude it shouldn't even be able to reach those speeds especially with the boost lever all the way back. Supposedly the engine modes are switching all randomly as well but I didn't see that one. I can make a video if that would help.

Yes I'm getting that too. If you set the throttle to a level which normally gives a MP within the 'continuous' regime, the turbosupercharger seems to give it an extra boost to within combat MP because it's spinning so fast, even on the deck. 

I hope one day they break the FM on the 190 A8 so it doesn't overheat all the time.

Edited by 71st_AH_Barnacles

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, 71st_AH_Barnacles said:

Yes I'm getting that too. If you set the throttle to a level which normally gives a MP within the 'continuous' regime, the turbosupercharger seems to give it an extra boost to within combat MP because it's spinning so fast, even on the deck. 

I hope one day they break the FM on the 190 A8 so it doesn't overheat all the time.

Yeah hopefully these planes will be fixed before bodenplatte releases. I am sure the problem with the p-47 is just a bug or something. It was working just fine before the update.

Edited by JonRedcorn

me and my fellow squadron mate, are having same problems with turbo. sometimes during take off or not soon after. throttle also advances on its own, you can reduce throttle only to watch MP increase. i've gotten as high as 70" turbo at 35 rpm all with turbo control set at 0% and throttle at 25%. i'd just earlier complained about the P-47 lack of acceleration... its fixed. lol

turbo contines to whine even after engine blows and prop stops spinning.

27 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Barnacles said:

Not only the A8... the P-39L does too! On some summer maps it's not possible to climb nor do longer turns when on higher boost. Often the cooler vents without a warning (or bad temps) whatsoever.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -325th-Porky- said:

me and my fellow squadron mate, are having same problems with turbo. sometimes during take off or not soon after. throttle also advances on its own, you can reduce throttle only to watch MP increase. i've gotten as high as 70" turbo at 35 rpm all with turbo control set at 0% and throttle at 25%. i'd just earlier complained about the P-47 lack of acceleration... its fixed. lol

turbo contines to whine even after engine blows and prop stops spinning.

Yes I've been looking at the turbo behaviour. My conclusion is that it's just too weird to work out what to do to fly the p47. It seems a bit broken now, which is sort of testament to the achievement of getting the turbo to work in the first place as it must have been really complicated to code. I'm sure they'll look at it in due course, it's early access after all.

i was wonder if the "supercharger" was ever working on the P-47 in game. perhaps now the supercharger is working and its conflicting with the turbocharger...

First, outstanding update. The new WWI aircraft are great and I'm overjoyed to see the Fokker D.VII in Flying Circus. I've actually never flown the Sopwith Dolphin until today and that was a really cool experience too!

I did want to check something. Can someone else load up an aircraft with wing guns and make sure their convergence is working correctly. Something feels... "off" like my guns aren't converging where I expect them to. Is it just me or is there a bug?

Thank you for all your hard work you guys put in every day to come out with good quality stuff. Take a week off... you guys deserve it o... wait cancel that you guys still have my P-51 to deliver lol some humor 🤣

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

First, outstanding update. The new WWI aircraft are great and I'm overjoyed to see the Fokker D.VII in Flying Circus. I've actually never flown the Sopwith Dolphin until today and that was a really cool experience too!

I did want to check something. Can someone else load up an aircraft with wing guns and make sure their convergence is working correctly. Something feels... "off" like my guns aren't converging where I expect them to. Is it just me or is there a bug?

Try setting it super close, like 50 metres, and take a video. Someone further upthread mentioned convergence settings being wonky. I can't download the update right now so I cant check...

Edited by RedKestrel
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

I got you Shamrock. I tested, the p-47, IL2 1943, and FW 190 a5 with two MG 151s under each wing. For all plane I set the gun convergence to 100m, and as near as I can tell, there was zero convergence. The only way I got tracers to cross was to overheat the guns.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, =SqSq=Civilprotection said:

I got you Shamrock. I tested, the p-47, IL2 1943, and FW 190 a5 with two MG 151s under each wing. For all plane I set the gun convergence to 100m, and as near as I can tell, there was zero convergence. The only way I got tracers to cross was to overheat the guns.

Phew. Ok, I thought I was loosing it for a moment! (It's been a long week and it's only Tuesday :))

I will do some more testing but this looks like convergence isn't working properly.

See if you can look at it from above in an external camera, easier to tell from there. But if you're not seeing convergence at 100m its gotta be bugged.

Convergence is bugged at the moment. A weird one. Didn't seem to do it in Beta.

Jason

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Fokker DVII just replaced the Pfalz as my favorite furball weapon. What a treat to fly she is. Turns on a dime. I'm in love 😍

Edited by pfrances
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JonRedcorn said:

Yeah hopefully these planes will be fixed before bodenplatte releases. I am sure the problem with the p-47 is just a bug or something. It was working just fine before the update.

+1

Maybe time to take a break until convergence and other issues get worked out. Also, my first time finding ALL prior flight records refusing to load.

Edited by Dagwoodyt

24 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Convergence is bugged at the moment. A weird one. Didn't seem to do it in Beta.

Jason

Weird just happens sometimes. :)Thanks for the confirmation Jason.

A bit late to make this comment - but it'd be nice to have an option to only mount one lewis gun (if the Dolphin is ever revised). This was commonly done as the single Lewis gave the ability to attack aircraft from below but didn't have the weight/drag of the twin lewis configuration.

Anyway the handling seems really nice with these aircraft - I'm not missing the custom sensitivity settings from RoF!!

It almost makes me think that fuselage aerodynamic modelling might've been added to the flight model (something which really helped the BoS flightmodel).

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Dagwoodyt said:

+1

Maybe time to take a break until convergence and other issues get worked out. Also, my first time finding ALL prior flight records refusing to load.

Well that's nothing new, and I haven't heard anything about the convergence, the thing with the p-47 is probably just a minor bug, not a big deal no reason to get dramatic over it. I regret posting that p-47 bug in this thread as now it's going to be full of complaints, when really the update is solid and the new planes are a great addition to those who enjoy the ww1 content.

Edited by JonRedcorn

Also - any chance of using 'weapon group 3' for the Hs-129 while we are waiting for the gun/weapon selector to get coded? I know it was planned as a feature but there haven't been any updates in more than a year.

12 hours ago, smink1701 said:

Hey Jason, have you ever  ever been frustrated when dogfighting that you rarely see what you’re shooting at since the enemy is constantly turning. You must fire in front of the enemy in hopes of a deflection shot  so many times they don’t even appear in your line of sight.  This is serious flaw and since this is a combat flight simulator I think many feel should be a top priority in terms of effort, resources, etc.  if there is something in the works behind the scenes I for one would love to hear about it ! 

Have you ever tried " Lead pursuit". Works for me against AI and always brings them out of the turn. I assumed they kept turning because they have defeated your guns solution. Why then would they need to evade if they are evading by keeping you out of the firing envelope. Just try something different. See what happens. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JonRedcorn said:

Well that's nothing new, and I haven't heard anything about the convergence, the thing with the p-47 is probably just a minor bug, not a big deal no reason to get dramatic over it. I regret posting that p-47 bug in this thread as now it's going to be full of complaints, when really the update is solid and the new planes are a great addition to those who enjoy the ww1 content.

This one is has some significant impacts to the plane. When the turbo over-revs, its still providing boost to the engine, and the turbo is still failing after to long past the red line. Was just doing my wing-overs when it cut out from over boost, and without the turbo running right, you lose most of the altitude performance.

I hope they're able to find the bug soon and fix it.

Edited by Voyager

Today to be fixed:

- Guns convergence,

- P-47 supercharger overrrun,

- Pz-III-H unable to hit,

- Lewis bullets overspreading,

- Black mission loading screens.

What we have missed in this list?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8
  • Upvote 2