Han

Game version 3.011 discussion: Fokker D.VII, Sopwith Dolphin, Tank Crewmans

Posted (edited)

Great update, but 1) where is the BMW engine for the Fokker? I thought they will come together or like the engine modification.

2) enemy AI (FC) are not attacking at all! It was bad before, but now enemy (and my flight) just cruise around and fly away.☹️

They do not try to fight.

Edited by Voidhunger
  • Upvote 4

BTW,

loading screens are fantastic and new.

Love the Tiger I screen.

Well done devs!

• Like 1

I just noticed there is a Fire Group 3 in the key mapping (needed for the over wing guns on the Dolphin).

Does that mean we could separate the guns in the Hs129 to just fire the big gun in the future? I'm not familiar with how the groups worked in real life btw.

27 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

Love the Dolphin. All that brass and wood and great visibility.

But how, if I may ask, do you fire the overhead Lewis guns if you have the wing-mounted Lewis guns as well. My second trigger only fires the wing mounted.

Weapon Group 3

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Novice-Flyer said:

I wouldn’t even bother with the Flying Circus.

I, on the other hand, am happy extremely with the Flying Circus development, despite only having purchased (all) the RoF content last year. Many thanks team for your continued hard work. You are the best show in town.

• Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, I./JG1_Baron said:

I really like first oxygen mask ☺️

As @airahusky said during beta testing, it looks like he's smoking a hookah pipe. :biggrin:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Weapon Group 3

Ahh, okay. I'll try that.

Thank you. :cool:

1 minute ago, CanadaOne said:

Ahh, okay. I'll try that.

Thank you. :cool:

No problem. :) In addition, to move those Lewis guns, the "Change Firing Position" command is used.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

I am ready ...more than ready! With VR its almost like being there!!!

first-color-photos-vintage-old-autochrome-lumiere-auguste-louis-593e82ab8a7c3__880.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 4

16. Multiplayer: net traffic for multi-crew aircraft has been optimized;

Is this to address the Disco errors everybody is getting? has that been looked into at all? rather frustrating that some users repeatedly get dropped.

Posted (edited)

Funding Flying Circus also helps fund their other projects.

Graphical and physics improvements are not trivial.
Eventually, these planes will be compatible with dynamic campaigns.
And eventually, (hopefully, all fingers and toes crossed), if Flying Circus vol. 1 and 2 do well, we may get some entirely new WWI aircraft in the future...

(maybe even a zeppelin airship or two)... 😉

Edited by Motherbrain
  • Upvote 2

Thanks Devs for the update!  This is one first class operation!

Alan

Posted (edited)

Is the extreme dispersion of the Dolphin's Lewis guns due to the mounts not being sturdy enough for the recoil?  Because as a ground gun it was pretty accurate.  Really liking the much greater resistance to over-revving  of the DVII's engine.

Edited by Garven

43 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

Great update, but 1) where is the BMW engine for the Fokker? I thought they will come together or like the engine modification.

2) enemy AI (FC) are not attacking at all! It was bad before, but now enemy (and my flight) just cruise around and fly away.☹️

They do not try to fight.

That's very odd.  I am at work so I haven't had the chance to try the release version but I can promise you that the AI was really mixing it up well in the last testing version.  I'll check when I get home.

If you want to discuss the merits of FC1 take it to another part of the forum. Please keep this thread about the actual update.

Jason

Hello, with this update I no longer have access to track ...

Buzz

15 minutes ago, Melonfish said:

16. Multiplayer: net traffic for multi-crew aircraft has been optimized;

Is this to address the Disco errors everybody is getting? has that been looked into at all? rather frustrating that some users repeatedly get dropped.

No errors here. My connection rarely drops and when it does it is usually on my end. Im not saying u r not having issues but ur generalization seems incorrect.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

No errors here. My connection rarely drops and when it does it is usually on my end. Im not saying u r not having issues but ur generalization seems incorrect.

I'm not having issues, one of our group is and it's well documented in the bug reports area of the forum along with a number of other users.

maybe "Everybody" was a bit much, but it's certainly a reasonable number of online players to be of note. Glad you're not having issues though, thanks for adding to the discussion.

Ok, we get it Novice-Flyer. You don't care for WW1 flying. But there are many that do. Also WW1, with much fewer buttons to use, fits in well with VR. And pretty graphics is always a reason to get a newer game.

Besides, what is so different with BOS then other WW2 flight simms? Things like taxiing and weapons convergence/selection have a long way to go to equal games like Cliffs of Dover.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pfrances said:

Oh wow! What a great, unexpected treat to read this morning. Now I'll be waiting all day to go home and play!

You need to be retired like me buddy.  😃

Mike.

22 minutes ago, SYN_Mike77 said:

That's very odd.  I am at work so I haven't had the chance to try the release version but I can promise you that the AI was really mixing it up well in the last testing version.  I'll check when I get home.

Tested multiple planes and AI is not attacking. Only when you are flying face to face at the start of the QMB they are firing, after that they are flying away.

and I have no loading screen after update. Only black screen with the loading bar at the bottom.

Very exciting news for Flying Circus! Thank-you devs! 

Now to try the new planes out... 😎

• Like 1

Please, can you check if you always have access to the recordings in "flight recorder"?

1 hour ago, Jason_Williams said:

Finding someone to work with AI is not easy. You don't know what we're doing behind the scenes.

Jason

Well thank you for trying. I've noticed pretty much some aspect of AI update/fix for each new patch and I appreciate that. Thanks for: 4. AI pilots correctly attack landed or taking off enemy planes;

I mean, imho, AI is still the single weakest aspect of this sim series - but you are chipping away at improvements and it is a lot better than what it used to be. Appreciate that. Still a long way to go, but thanks for working away at it. :)

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Tank crew (looking great) + holding gun = shoot running infantry (basic) in future updates?

🙏😁

Edited by Fercyful

Hey Jason, have you ever  ever been frustrated when dogfighting that you rarely see what you’re shooting at since the enemy is constantly turning. You must fire in front of the enemy in hopes of a deflection shot  so many times they don’t even appear in your line of sight.  This is serious flaw and since this is a combat flight simulator I think many feel should be a top priority in terms of effort, resources, etc.  if there is something in the works behind the scenes I for one would love to hear about it ! 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 3

Just tried the Dolphin. A few quick observations:

1. Doesn't seem to have the same nose-over-on-landing-and-decapitate tendencies seen in RoF. 

2. Climbs like a rocket. Possibly unrealistic, but I've not actually checked the figures.

3. General handling seems good.

4. Spin recovery is, um, interesting. Needs more investigation. With plenty of altitude. From what I remember, RoF was the same, though I didn't fly the Dolphin that much.

5 minutes ago, smink1701 said:

Hey Jason, have you ever  ever been frustrated when dogfighting that you rarely see what you’re shooting at since the enemy is constantly turning. You must fire in front of the enemy in hopes of a deflection shot  so many times they don’t even appear in your line of sight.  This is serious flaw and since this is a combat flight simulator I think many feel should be a top priority in terms of effort, resources, etc.  if there is something in the works behind the scenes I for one would love to hear about it ! 

You have to deflection shoot in a combat flight sim? Outrageous!

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, smink1701 said:

So the target's defensive maneuver makes it hard for you to shoot him? . . . . . weird!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, smink1701 said:

Is this a joke?

Thanks Jason and company for the unexpected update!  I am looking forward to trying the new planes, especially in VR.  S!

My point is it's monotonous to follow the enemy in tight, never ending turns and most of the time you have to rely on a steep deflection shot to get hits.  If you play Cliffs you can sneak up on the enemy and even get on their 6 and see what you are aiming at.  With BOM, half the time I'm shooting at something I cant even see.  Anyone else get where I'm coming from???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Very Good , Excellent Work needs time to improve , test for the new technologies like Me 262 swept wings that’s the correct way . Thank you very much for the hard work ! Will be congratulated! 

And visible tank crew this could be a step of the road to realize the Infantry that will be the successfully complete escenario for the best complete game Simulator for decades of the XXI Century .

Every body knows the hardest works you are developing keep on it that it will be compensated ! Thank you very Much!

1 hour ago, Dodskult-Arze said:

Hi! Update looks good. But me, as well as my friend have had many problems after it. Mainly we were loosing conection with the server constantly when trying to join multiplayer games. I dont think we are the only ones having this issue beacause servers were especially empty today...

Also I tried flying offline and I realized gun convergence is not working, seems too be aiming way too far and this doesnt change when I change the convergence distance, even to minimums. Hope this gets fixed soon.

Thank you!

Have you even considered that. after a game patch, the server operators haven't , as yet, updated their servers to the new patch? Uhmm… could be.

Relax, give it a day or three.  :coffee:

1 hour ago, LukeFF said:

No problem. :) In addition, to move those Lewis guns, the "Change Firing Position" command is used.

Ahh, I thought they were like Shrage Musik. :cool:

Thank you again.

I don't know if this is a bug or I got a problem with the update, I no longer have loading screens, only a black image. Do you know where the images are located in the game files? Maybe I could delete the folder so it downloads it again.

Posted (edited)

I agree. Il-2s AI just seems to fly in circles endlessly when you're trying to shoot them. They never try to loop, roll or even just change direction. It gets tiresome.

But TBH its kind of a first world problem all things considered.

Edited by Motherbrain
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I just hopped on WoL for about an hour and from preliminary testing it seems as if the "Delayed hit info received" error message that was common after the past few updates has been resolved. Awesome!

It's really great seeing this sim improve over time, and I honestly look forward to the monthly updates. Great job Dev's!!!