Joeasyrida

Noticed something weird with accuracy

Posted (edited)

Yesterday after destroying an il2 comming in low over one of the land bridges in the Crimea I swung out to sea to turn my mk108 on some of the small gunboats in the black sea.  I destroyed 3, but i noticed something funny with my accuracy in the stats.  It got me wondering because clearly the game registered my hits, is it simply just an issue with the way stats are recorded or are these small boats not supposed to be destroyable with 30-37mm cannon fire?  

Heres the stats: http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/sortie/4093801/?tour=46

Hopefully this is the right place for the question, not sure if it belongs in multiplayer or bugs but I dont think its a game bug.  Just currious whats going on

Edited by Joeasyrida

Possibly depends on what ammo load you're using. I can say for certain the Fw190A-8's 30mm cannons can destroy G-5 torpedo boats (the small ones with DSHK's, torpedos on the back and rocket artillery arrays atop them). However I could imagine a particularly stubborn boat would not sink from a few round of minengeschoss.

However, I am confused by the fact that, presumably, 1 bullet managed to knock out an IL-2 (unless you clipped the edge of the possibly pre-damaged wing with a minengeschoss), and likewise am thoroughly confused by 1 shot per boat, since from my testing of the A8, it takes a hearty salvo with 5 good hits from an array of 20s and 30s to destroy it outright.

Not sure what's happening, but that's my experience.

Posted (edited)

I'm thinking all the shots on the boats counted as misses against aircraft, as in it only counts accuracy against aircraft. 

PS.  If the boats weren't listed as a target for the mission that could explain this.

Edited by chuter

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, chuter said:

I'm thinking all the shots on the boats counted as misses against aircraft, as in it only counts accuracy against aircraft. 

PS.  If the boats weren't listed as a target for the mission that could explain this.

I'm 99% sure they were part of the black sea floatilla objective and i got points for them.

57 minutes ago, TheTacticalCat said:

Possibly depends on what ammo load you're using. I can say for certain the Fw190A-8's 30mm cannons can destroy G-5 torpedo boats (the small ones with DSHK's, torpedos on the back and rocket artillery arrays atop them). However I could imagine a particularly stubborn boat would not sink from a few round of minengeschoss.

However, I am confused by the fact that, presumably, 1 bullet managed to knock out an IL-2 (unless you clipped the edge of the possibly pre-damaged wing with a minengeschoss), and likewise am thoroughly confused by 1 shot per boat, since from my testing of the A8, it takes a hearty salvo with 5 good hits from an array of 20s and 30s to destroy it outright.

Not sure what's happening, but that's my experience.

Im thinking my mk108 burst into the il2 were the 4 hits.  Im kicking myself because it crossed my mind to record the sortie

The damage log doesnt make it clearer:

http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/sortie/log/4093801/?tour=46

Edited by Joeasyrida