Sign in to follow this  
EpeeNoire

sound bug

there is this curious sound bug where after some time in multiplayer, the sound ceases to work properly. it cuts in and out, you hear no more engine sound  or just on one ear, you hear empty cartridge shells "ringing" &c.

its been in the game for ages, has anyone ever got some info to why it is happening or how to fix this?

• Thanks 2

I made the same experience in the last months, sound is wrong or missing after playing a while in MP. One has to restart the game to have sound back again.

It is so obvious, that I am wondering, why it not has been solved yet. there are plenty of players (in mp) that tell the same.

Curious thing is, that sometimes only sone parts of the sound disapper, means that you can hear some sounds very clear but no engine sound. Strange behaviour.

I am still hopeful, that the well known sound bug woll be fixed soon. So please devs consider it in one of the next updates.

Thanks.

I have been experiencing a weird problem. While running missions my computer freezes (locks up) and a buzzing noise comes from my speakers! 😐

This doesn't happing every time. But when it does, I have to completely turn off the power to restart. Ctrl+Alt+Del won't work.

6 hours ago, Thad said:

While running missions my computer freezes (locks up) and a buzzing noise comes from my speakers!

Possibly unrelated, but I've been having display freeze problems since the latest patch.

After ca. 1 hour of gameplay, when track recording is "on" for a few minutes, my display freezes (SSD with plenty of space). Throttle and the rest react to inputs, but I can't see anything but a frozen image, and consequently I crash. Sounds remain normal, but I have to shoot down Il-2 through the Windows Task Manager. I have had MP sound problems before, but this is new.

Interestingly, my problem seemed to go away today while I was re-working one of my tank missions. I got completely through it with no problems. 🌝

I ran a registry cleaning program a few times and it seems to have helped in some way. :yahoo:

quick update on the issue:

sent all the info I got (+ experiences from other players that I gathered) to the support team which assured me that it will be passed to the devs

2 hours ago, EpeeNoire said:

sent all the info I got (+ experiences from other players that I gathered) to the support team

Thanks. It's really annoying when you lose engine sound halfway in a long mission. The most silly situation is when you lose engine sound when you're at full power, but you can get it back if you reduce throttle. That is, the more gas you give, the less sound you hear. Quite crazy :scratch_one-s_head:

Any news on this? My whole squad is affected (6 pilots).

It's as EpeeNoir described: we all lose the in-cockpit sound after some time in MP. For me, it tends to happen during the second hour. The only remedy is to restart the game, which is very disruptive to our squad tactics.

Most of us fly 190s, in which the only stall warning we get are increased wind noises. The sound bug robs us of that warning, which is extremely annoying and directly impacts our flying.

If anything the issue got worse with the last 2 patches.

44 minutes ago, JG27_PapaFly said:

Any news on this? My whole squad is affected (6 pilots).

It's as EpeeNoir described: we all lose the in-cockpit sound after some time in MP. For me, it tends to happen during the second hour. The only remedy is to restart the game, which is very disruptive to our squad tactics.

Most of us fly 190s, in which the only stall warning we get are increased wind noises. The sound bug robs us of that warning, which is extremely annoying and directly impacts our flying.

If anything the issue got worse with the last 2 patches.

To me, it seems to happen more often on the DED EU official server, than other MP servers.

It seems like this bug got worse, at least for me (on DED EU official). Now i get this bug nearly on a regular basis after 5-10 min. flying. Also, i experienced that this bug occurs sooner when you spectate (shift/ctrl +F2/F3/F4) other players or switch between views.

This is quiet annoying since you have to restart the game every 5-10 minutes.

Are there any news on this matter?

I have encountered this bug in single player. It seems to occur when a reload action is done. It is the same bug they fixed in this patch for tanks having repeated reload sounds. 

22.06.2019 в 23:01, dukovac сказал:

Are there any news on this matter?

The problem must be solved when we finish  work to improve sound engine

• Thanks 2

Awe

2 hours ago, airahusky said:

The problem must be solved when we finish  work to improve sound engine

Awesome, thank you!

I Have the sound problem too when i drive a tank i have no sound and when i switch to a plane ther is no sound too  in multiplayer.

I'm sure the devs know the details, since the sound bug is so extremely prevalent, especially when tanking.

Nonetheless, just in case, some details:

The likelyhood of sound bug occurring within a mission goes up just through the passing of time.

However, what REALLY increases the chances, is getting hit.

So, what you see in multiplayer on the tank server is that a lot of players, every time they got hit, died, and would normally just start a new mission, leave server, restart the game, and then start a new mission. That's how extreme it is.

Just now a rare variant of this bug occurred to me, maybe that sheds some light.

I was tanking in a summer mission, dry weather, had got hit but survived, drove on for a bit, opened the hatch and shut down the engine.

Normally in this situation, when having sound bug, you hear maybe nothing, or a reduced set of the sounds that should be there.

I heard rain. Quite clearly. I even took off my headphones to check if it's IRL, but it wasn't.