HenFre

Looking for critique on tutorial video #2

Posted (edited)

Hello again

I am back with a new tutorial video and this time it is on how to perform the aerobatic maneuver called the Barrel roll. I have tried to implement some of the critique I got on my last tutorial on the Hammerhead aerobatic maneuver so I hope you will take a look at this new video:

Thank you for watching and please let me know what you think if you have some critique.

Best regards

Henrik

Edited by HenFre
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I like it. The only thing that I noticed was that the cockpit (stick) insert on bottom right was kinda interfering with the natural eyeline into the ACTUAL cockpit. It just seemed 'in the way'. Maybe put it upper right instead? I can see why you use it, presumably to show stick movement, but personally I would zoom onto the stick a little more for the insert.

Not a 'criticism' as such, more 'just what sprang to mind whilst watching it from a standing start'.

Apart from that it's great and the music works brilliantly (as do the 'pause' notices!).

Rap

• Thanks 1

@Raptorattacker Thank you for the input :drinks: I have been thinking about the placement of the small controls video and perhaps it would be better to have it in the top right corner like you are suggesting. I have also been thinking about showing a complete maneuver where the stick video is in the main big screen and the outside view and the cockpit view are the small videos. Does that make sense?

Again thank you for your critique Rap :biggrin:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HenFre said:

I have been thinking about the placement of the small controls video and perhaps it would be better to have it in the top right

Yeah, it's just a little disconcerting when it's over the mainscreen controls is all. It's kinda like the eye is automatically drawn to the view one would have if you were in the cockpit yourself and it just throws the eye out. I'd be interested to see what it would look like...

• Thanks 1

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:15 PM, vaucouleurs said:

These are the videos I prefer. I hope there will be more..... thanks you very much.

Thank you vaucouleurs :) Much appreciated. There will be more tutorials coming in the future I promise you :)

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:20 PM, Raptorattacker said:

Yeah, it's just a little disconcerting when it's over the mainscreen controls is all. It's kinda like the eye is automatically drawn to the view one would have if you were in the cockpit yourself and it just throws the eye out. I'd be interested to see what it would look like...

I will move the controls video to the top right and see how it looks. Thanks for the feedback :salute:

• Like 1