Jaegermeister

Achtung Jabos! P47 Scripted Campaign

6 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

Ok I thought it was 'Go North and destroy the bridge then cover the evac.'  but I must be mixing two missions. 

That was Mission 13.  I had a bit of luck with that one.  On the way to the AO, I inadvertently jettisoned my eggs.  Daoh!  So, when I arrived I strafed the vehicles on one of the bridges and ordered my flight to "do like me".  They used bombs on the vehicles, which took out the bridge 😀.  At least I think that's what happened , because we got the Mission Completed message.  Good times!

I finished this campaign a couple of months back but it was such fun that I think I might do it all again and perhaps do a better job 🙂     I hope Jagermeister rethinks his plan to delete this when the official one comes out as there is no guarantee that the official one will be as good as this one 👍

16 hours ago, III/JG52_Lothar29 said:

please update 3.101 

Just resave your files with the Mission Editor. Under tools. “Convert files in folder to binary” It takes about 4 mouse clicks and 5 minutes 

15 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

I finished this campaign a couple of months back but it was such fun that I think I might do it all again and perhaps do a better job 🙂     I hope Jagermeister rethinks his plan to delete this when the official one comes out as there is no guarantee that the official one will be as good as this one 👍

Im glad you liked it Roblex, it will only take a little bit of editing in a couple of files to keep it functional. Once the full release is out, or maybe even just the map, the “tows“ line will need to be updated. There is no number designation for BoBP yet

Also I appreciate all the feedback from you and Chipwich. It made me realize that not everyone flies these missions the same way, so I changed the way I initiate enemy aircraft and mission goals. In my newer campaign, you do not necessarily have to follow the waypoints to trigger enemy aircraft and the triggers are mostly set off by the AI so it is less critical how the player actually flies the missions. If you want to follow the mission map, you can, but if you don’t you won’t miss all the action either.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jaegermeister said:
17 hours ago, III/JG52_Lothar29 said:

please update 3.101 

Just resave your files with the Mission Editor. Under tools. “Convert files in folder to binary” It takes about 4 mouse clicks and 5 minutes 

no understand mision editor :(

yes, run now!! Thx

Edited by III/JG52_Lothar29

On 6/18/2019 at 1:28 PM, 56RAF_Roblex said:

I as there is no guarantee that the official one will be as good as this one 👍

...umm...I think I have you covered there dude.

That said Jaeger is under no obligation to delete his campaign.

2 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

Ha ha.. Thanks for that Gambit! 😁

I’m sure your upcoming campaign will be a totally different experience, and I have to say I’m really looking forward to it. I said from the get go that this was just a small collection of practice missions and that’s still the case. I had to figure out the Mission Editor somehow and this was the first baby steps. I’m still learning.

For anyone that hasn’t played through it, there are missions of various types that I tested;

Ground target attack

Anti-tank missions 

Vehicle convoy attack

Train attack with Rockets

AAA suppression 

Air intercept

Airfield defense

Artillery attack

Bridge destruction

Reconnaissance 

The way I see it, the more content we can provide with the new BoBP British and American planes, the more people that will be interested in being a part of our new Western Allied team when it’s finished. I can’t wait for the new map, voices and allied “side” to be implemented. That will give me stuff I’m interested in working with for quite some time.

I am particularly interested in doing a tactical P38 campaign and as far as I can tell so far, that won’t require stepping on anyone else’s toes. The 370th Fighter group did some great work at Aachen and in the Hurtgen Forest and someone needs to bring that story to virtual reality. I have messaged Jason about it, but he has told us all that he has his hands full and they won’t be taking on any more official projects for now. I don’t really expect to hear back about it any time soon. That’s OK, I will work on it anyway and see where we are at when it actually gets put together. As usual, I will make it for myself to fly anyway and see what happens down the road.

8 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

...umm...I think I have you covered there dude.

Oops! I did not mean to imply you cannot write good campaigns. 🙂   What I meant was that no matter how good it is it does not necessarily render Jagermeisters defunct.  It will also be different and maybe one of his missions might include something nice that is not in any of yours, even if yours do have many good ideas in them.  If I might suggest something I loved in one of his missions,  a mission under very low cloud cover.  I found that very thrilling, especially trying to navigate back using ground features and do a circuit on my return in what seemed like barely a 200m ceiling 😱 though perhaps that is too hard for most people (and most have the sense to navigate by compass & stopwatch 🙄)

Hey. Installed this campaign but its not loading.

mission description is loading but its not. can anybody help me???

Hansjup

Posted (edited)

Read through these, it's a popular subject lately

Edited by Jaegermeister

14 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

Oops! I did not mean to imply you cannot write good campaigns. 🙂   What I meant was that no matter how good it is it does not necessarily render Jagermeisters defunct.

Of course not...the more content you guys have the better. :)

I have updated the binary files to version 3.101 compatibility and combined the revised last mission with the .zip file for anybody downloading the file.

• Thanks 1

I dunno why anyone would think they are stepping on anyones toes, the more campaigns the better. Who cares if they are for the same aircraft, we can fly all of them.

20 hours ago, JgonRedcorn said:

I dunno why anyone would think they are stepping on anyones toes, the more campaigns the better. Who cares if they are for the same aircraft, we can fly all of them.

Well, in my experience, no one wants to spend a bunch of tedious hours making a campaign someone else has already done. In my case, when I posted this scripted campaign I did not know Gambit21 had already made arrangements with Jason to publish a pay add on featuring the same Fighter Group. As soon as I discovered Bodenplatte was in pre release and I could fly the P47, I jumped into it and started writing missions without reading what was going on in the forum here. I had not played IL2 for at least a year, maybe 2.

It’s not really a conflict, as they will be entirely different, but I doubt I would be super happy if I announced I was working on something and then someone I never heard of put out a campaign basically about the same thing. This one is only historical in the dates and type of missions, certainly not in the actual missions themselves. I think we all realize this is not a competition, but it’s also important to be courteous and respectful of other people’s work. If I were to go back and do it again, I would simply have changed the context to represent another group.

so now you know why someone might think they are stepping on other people’s toes. As I said, I will certainly avoid that in the future.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jaegermeister said:

Well, in my experience, no one wants to spend a bunch of tedious hours making a campaign someone else has already done. In my case, when I posted this scripted campaign I did not know Gambit21 had already made arrangements with Jason to publish a pay add on featuring the same Fighter Group. As soon as I discovered Bodenplatte was in pre release and I could fly the P47, I jumped into it and started writing missions without reading what was going on in the forum here. I had not played IL2 for at least a year, maybe 2.

It’s not really a conflict, as they will be entirely different, but I doubt I would be super happy if I announced I was working on something and then someone I never heard of put out a campaign basically about the same thing. This one is only historical in the dates and type of missions, certainly not in the actual missions themselves. I think we all realize this is not a competition, but it’s also important to be courteous and respectful of other people’s work. If I were to go back and do it again, I would simply have changed the context to represent another group.

so now you know why someone might think they are stepping on other people’s toes. As I said, I will certainly avoid that in the future.

Ah yeah, the same fighter group thing I could see. Didn't even think about that, thought it was just in regards to a p-47 campaign. Super stoked for gambits campaign as well. With the new AI updates the games actually decent to play in singleplayer now. The scripted campaigns also have the added bonus of being able to have skins for all the aircraft which is a huge boost to immersion. It's the one major thing I hope they add at some point is squadron markings and whatnot. Like in old il2.

I should be a dumb, but even if I extract to the IL 2 Great battles directory and then campaign or skin, I can't find it in the game...

Some advice?

46 minutes ago, DN308 said:

I should be a dumb, but even if I extract to the IL 2 Great battles directory and then campaign or skin, I can't find it in the game...

Some advice?

You should have a folder called 'Achtung_Jabos' under '>Data>Campaigns'  that holds the 14 groups of files 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, DN308 said:

Some advice?

Edit... Again

unzip the files to your desktop. Move Achtung_Jabos folder to IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles/data/campaigns. Move P47d28 folder to  IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles/data/graphics/skins. 😕

Edited by Jaegermeister

Everything's done properly... Well, as descripted.

I cannot find the skins and campaigns in the game launch with Steam. I can find it with the Great battles launcher, but there, I have another issue as it doesn't recognize my account and ask me to buy BOS, BOM, etc again...😟

13 hours ago, DN308 said:

I cannot find the skins and campaigns in the game launch with Steam. I can find it with the Great battles launcher, but there, I have another issue as it doesn't recognize my account and ask me to buy BOS, BOM, etc again...😟

It sounds like your steam and Great Battles accounts are not linked correctly.

Try following this guide and see if you can get it sorted out.

https://il2sturmovik.com/m/SteamAndIL2AccountGuide.pdf

Yep...

Well, I succeed in putting alltogether in the main BOS installation but it's in the GB that it's doesn't work at all.

I will follow the guide.

Thanks a lot!