Porkins

Stug III

Is the Stug in this game as an AI controlled vehicle? Is there a list of AI assets planned for the game?

Edited by Porkins

I sure wish the StuG L/42 was released in place of the Tiger, it would be so much more of a game (and less of a shooting gallery) now.

The StuG was the German's number one full-tracked tank killer.

• Upvote 1

On 3/5/2019 at 3:04 PM, chuter said:

I sure wish the StuG L/42 was released in place of the Tiger, it would be so much more of a game (and less of a shooting gallery) now.

It was the number one because it was the most produced, simple as that.

I'd like to get it too but I understand why it isn't there as it's not as iconic as the panther, tiger or pz III/IV. It could replace the Ferdinand but that'd mean that we would have another pak 40 instead of a pak 43.

Yeah I know there's pak40/Kwk40.... Still the same thing mostly.

• Like 1

Nahh it wasnt nr 1 due to it was produced in higher numbers, in that case sherman or T-34 should have the highest kill to death ratio in ww2 but they dont.

Estimates show each stug knocked out in average 3 enemy tanks and they had longer life span than other tanks but that could be more due to defensive fighting, panzer IV which was nr 2 in highest production was nowhere near that result. Cant remember exact kill numbers but around 30 000 tanks was taken out by stugs, but I could be wrong on that.

Cant wait to see the Stug III in the game, is a fan of it so I will use it a lot. 😄
Panther is my nr 1 tank and stug is nr 2 easily, wish one could use the later version with the pig mantlet that came in 1944, have to wait I guess.

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 7:31 AM, Porkins said:

Is the Stug in this game as an AI controlled vehicle? Is there a list of AI assets planned for the game?

Currently, only AI controlled. 🙁

20 hours ago, judgedeath3 said:

Nahh it wasnt nr 1 due to it was produced in higher numbers, in that case sherman or T-34 should have the highest kill to death ratio in ww2 but they dont.

On 3/5/2019 at 3:04 PM, chuter said:

German's number one

GERMAN

• Upvote 1

I would like to see the Stug replace the Ferdinand, because the Stug is cooler. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Porkins said:

I´d like to see both :gamer: playable

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Porkins said:

Well that is what basicly happened, Ferdinands was sent to italy and less and less anti tank roles for it, a few was in berlin 1945, while stugs was doing the anti tank job everywhere and was way more successfull :P

3 hours ago, CDRSEABEE said:

Number one tank killer was weather/mud.

Yeah, but nobody wants to play mud in MP. 

• Confused 1

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 2:43 PM, Porkins said:

I want the Maus. :biggrin:

pzX019_large.jpg?v=1484830861

• Haha 1

On 3/7/2019 at 1:43 PM, Porkins said:

No thanks. The Ferdinand is what I'm looking forward to the most, I'm sure we could get the Stug later.

Have you ever considered that the deadliest tank killer that racked the biggest score were not tanks but AT canon?...huh?...

Personally, I would like to be able to transport and man Flak-guns and AT-gun. It might come or not, and I won't cry if it does not because that would create chaos in the preconceived ideas of many.

Edited by Ze-GunnyHighway

29 minutes ago, Ze-GunnyHighway said:

Have you ever considered that the deadliest tank killer that racked the biggest score were not tanks but AT canon?...huh?...

Yep, knew this already. Same thing for aircraft, biggest killer was ground fire and not enemy aircraft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ze-GunnyHighway said:

Flak-guns

They are planned.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/27/2019 at 5:39 PM, Porkins said:

Yeah, but nobody wants to play mud in MP. 

There is always War Thunder! 😁

On 3/27/2019 at 10:55 AM, CDRSEABEE said:

Number one tank killer was weather/mud.

If you like dying from mud go play Spintires. 

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2019 at 3:01 PM, ulfricsombrage said:

I agree, we need playable stugs (III and IV). It's much more representative than the ferdinand.

Ferdinand had his baptism of fire just like the Panther during Operation Citadel. If so, then it is probably one of the most clever ideas to place him there. The Stug is more versatile because it was represented (at least with different versions) on almost every theater of war. And when it comes to firepower and armor, Ferdinand is clearly superior to the Stug. After all, there will be at least the cannon of the stug in the Panzer IV, just see it as an upgraded Stug. ;)

Maybe it will be a collector vehicle or in a future module.  We will see^^