Jambock_Polaco

Aircraft that do not exist!

Hello Developers

I have been a pilot of simulators since the time of the Warbirds III of the IEN and IL-2 1946 , like many who fly today, I know the history of World War II, as well as, all the aircraft involved in the unfolding of the conflict,  your work is great, but like me, other enthusiasts miss the unheralded historical aircrafts so far: 

*Avro Lancaster 

*De Havilland Mosquito

*North American B-25 Mitchel 

*Consolidated B-24 Liberator

*Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress

*Boeing B-29 Superfortress 

*Bristol Beaufighter 

*Vought F4U Corsair

*Grumman F4F wildcat

*Hawker Hurricane

*Douglas C-47 

*Grumman TBF Avenger

*Focke Wullf FW-200 

*Bristol Blenheim

*Vickers Wellington

*Mitsubeish a6m zero

*Kawasaki KI-61

*Nakagima Ki-43

of these listed airlines, will not any of them be produced?

I created the topic, because I did not find in the ads anything related to these aircraft, thank you very much!

top right hand corner - Search function - type in ANY of those aircraft and youll get dozens if not hundreds of references. 

• Upvote 1

the invisible aircraft made of glass comes to mind

1.    The Game Engine can't handle 4 Engine'd planes.

2.    There have been 3 Eastern Europe Themed Games in the BOX Series and one Western Europe is in Early Access. Where should all these British and American planes fit in?

3.     A PTO Game was pushed back to a later date because of a lack of Recourses from the Japanese Planes. Instead we got Bodenplatte.

4.    I Don't think the listed aircraft are so obscure that nobody knew they were missing. (Not like the K+W C-36)

If I understand correctly, it takes a long time to make bombers. Also now for Bodenplatte the B-25 will come as Ai because they don't have time for the Intereur (But good news! That will be done later and it will be playable ❤️ ). I guess the 4 Engine bombers are extremely difficult because of that. Even if we had a B-17, for example,  it wouldn't make much sense alone or in very small groups. And big bomber formations will stay out until the engine can handle it (hopefully in the future).
Apart from that, Bodenplatte is the first western front scenario in the GB Series. So it remains to be seen what comes next. I'd love to see the Pacific, but it's difficult to get data, as has been written before, and there hasn't been any new information about the state of this location yet. For now we can only hope that these, or at least a part of them, planes will find their way into the series.

best wishes Rico

PS: You should read this Interview from Shamrockfive with Jason Willioams and Daniel Tuseev, there is information about the B-25 and the Li-2(russian version of the C-47)  https://stormbirds.blog/2019/02/12/part-2-an-interview-with-jason-williams-and-daniel-tuseev/

Edited by Big_Al_the_Allo
  • Upvote 1

the C47 will be most likely produced along with the li2, but not before 2 years at best

The list of airplanes not in the sim are about twenty times that much. The devs hav no intention of doing every airplane of WW2. They are as aware of the existance of those machines as you are. Giving them a list of airplanes that they haven't built is rather silly. Just my opinion, of course. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Poochnboo said:

Just my opinion, of course. 

It's an opinion shared by many, including myself. 

Don't listen to them.  Another partial list of WW2 aircraft not currently in the game is just what this forum needed.  I'm sure that somewhere in Moscow someone is saying "How could we have forgotten to add a Corsair to Battle of Stalingrad?!?"

• Haha 3

While I can sympathise with a request for the Seamew, no WW2 aircraft simulation would be truly complete without that marvel of British engineering the Blackburn Roc.

Blackburn_Roc.jpg

I'm fairly certain this wasn't actually designed. Just cobbled together out of left-over bits. There is obviously some Defiant in there, and the fin seems to be a Spitfire tailplane mounted sideways. The engine is clearly from a Gloster Gladiator. No idea what the wings were from. Possibly salvaged from some Yank trainer or something. The tailplane was whittled from an old church pew by the West Norwood Boy Scouts Troop. The front half of the fuselage was obviously assembled from various bits of scrap metal found in a railway siding in Didcot, while the rear is an abstract piece of modern art by sculptor Henry Moore. We'll never see its like again...

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

While I can sympathise with a request for the Seamew, no WW2 aircraft simulation would be truly complete without that marvel of British engineering the Blackburn Roc.

Blackburn_Roc.jpg

I'm fairly certain this wasn't actually designed. Just cobbled together out of left-over bits. There is obviously some Defiant in there, and the fin seems to be a Spitfire tailplane mounted sideways. The engine is clearly from a Gloster Gladiator. No idea what the wings were from. Possibly salvaged from some Yank trainer or something. The tailplane was whittled from an old church pew by the West Norwood Boy Scouts Troop. The front half of the fuselage was obviously assembled from various bits of scrap metal found in a railway siding in Didcot, while the rear is an abstract piece of modern art by sculptor Henry Moore. We'll never see its like again...

Probably the best description of a Roc ever. 

On 2/26/2019 at 1:44 AM, AndyJWest said:

Blackburn_Roc.jpg

No more cobbled together than this monstrosity.

image.png.a216ddf361ee248c7c7fa26473ce6740.png

I will say the final version of the XP-75 had a certain coolness to it. Seeing it up close at the Air Force Museum was pretty sweet.

image.png.773a28a149ca3f43c6a61bc5a43e512a.png

I don’t think we are suppos d to even type the name of some of those planes listed, but I do believe there are copyrights that prevent quite a few of those American fighters listed from ever being represented here.

32 minutes ago, Jaegermeister said:

I don’t think we are suppos d to even type the name of some of those planes listed, but I do believe there are copyrights that prevent quite a few of those American fighters listed from ever being represented here.

No worries on the copyright thing.

That's sort of an old tale from Oleg's mishandling of things, but not related to this or other products.

I'm not sure what they have to pay, but I don't think it's prohibitive.

1 minute ago, Gambit21 said:

No worries on the copyright thing.

That's sort of an old tale from Oleg's mishandling of things, but not related to this or other products.

I'm not sure what they have to pay, but I don't think it's prohibitive.

Wasn't there something going on with the Hellcat, where Grumman or someone didn't want it used?

9 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

Wasn't there something going on with the Hellcat, where Grumman or someone didn't want it used?

No, it was just mishandled by Oleg is all.

Do we not speak Oleg's name with reverence anymore?

1 minute ago, CanadaOne said:

Not since CloD

It's a "what have you done for me lately" thing.

• Sad 1

Jason addressed the copyright thing a little over a year ago. It’s not going to be a problem but he asked for no more threads on the issue for the time being.

3 hours ago, Rjel said:

image.png.a216ddf361ee248c7c7fa26473ce6740.png

Looks like a Pe-2 and P-39 had a child.

• Haha 1

Just like the Roc is the love child of the Blackburn Skua and the Boulton Paul Defiant.  The Skua, I think, was actually a better weapon than is generally thought, and better use could have been made of it.

1 hour ago, Garven said:

I would say is a child between the child between a P-39 and a mustag and a Pe-2.

Well....I'm not necessarily pro-abortion, but in this case..................

11 hours ago, CanadaOne said:

Yes we should do... despite his often misleading comments and the CloD drama, that man gave me some of the most enjoyable moments I've ever had in combat flight sims...

People may scoff now, but he raised the bar, (just look at the Fw 190 pun...plus it was a time when I was consistently online every week. They were great days!

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Garven said:

As I recall, it had the wing and landing gear from the P-40 and the tail of the SBD. The rest I'm not sure of other than it was a GM product with a V-24 Twin Allison engine. 

2 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

Yes we should do... despite his often misleading comments and the CloD drama, that man gave me some of the most enjoyable moments I've ever had in combat flight sims...

People may scoff now, but he raised the bar, (just look at the Fw 190 pun...plus it was a time when I was consistently online every week. They were great days!

All true.