Jump to content
DetCord12B

Historical Crew Uniforms (WIP)

Recommended Posts

I have no way to test these until the crew models are released but I thought I'd go ahead and start anyway. Obviously, awards and insignia are subject to change. What's depicted here was done for the sake of testing. I'm also working on a hi-res smock for the German crews akin to what I did (here) awhile back. Several Soviet versions are also in the works featuring a Telogreika and an alternate coverall set with shoulder-boards and insignia.

 

Spoiler

Default Uniform

41FBcLN.png

 

New Uniform

ZFYSEyW.png

 

Edited by DetCord12B
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Det, nice work on the Sonderbekleidung for the Army's (Heer) Grossdeutschland Panzer uniform.

Just some points for you with your testing uniform on the first and second skins, if you want to take them on board your choice or not.

 

On the first skin and I understand that is a generic Enlisted rank's Sonderbekleidung;

Don't forget to add the Totenkopf inside of the collar patches and the National emblem on the right breast. Please remove the Doubled pronged belt as this was used by Army Officers only and replace it with the standard Enlisted ranks buckle.

 

On the second skin:

By placing a pip on the shoulder strap, you've indicated that the the wearer is of an NCO rank (Feldwebel), however you would also need to place silver Tresse on the shoulder straps edging all the way around. As is, is a miss match and doesn't conform to known archives.  The Chain stitched GD cipher on the shoulder strap was used by the Enlisted ranks and was not normally used by NCO ranks, which used a pinned metal GD insignia. Don't forget to add the cuff title 'Grossdeutschland' on the right lower arm and please remove the Doubled pronged belt as this was used by Army Officers only, same as above.

 

By the time frame given (shown by the wearing of the Crimea badge) generally all these Chain stitched / pinned metal GD cipher were to be removed under 'Allgemeine Heeresmitteilung 1940, Nr.159 of 24 Jan 1940', (for all field uniforms including the Sonderbekleidung) but often or not these General / Standing orders were ignored in some cases.

 

However these Test skins are well done. :salute:

Edited by FurphyForum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2019 at 6:50 AM, FurphyForum said:

Hi Det, nice work on the Sonderbekleidung for the Army's (Heer) Grossdeutschland Panzer uniform.

Just some points for you with your testing uniform on the first and second skins, if you want to take them on board your choice or not.

 

On the first skin and I understand that is a generic Enlisted rank's Sonderbekleidung;

Don't forget to add the Totenkopf inside of the collar patches and the National emblem on the right breast. Please remove the Doubled pronged belt as this was used by Army Officers only and replace it with the standard Enlisted ranks buckle.

 

On the second skin:

By placing a pip on the shoulder strap, you've indicated that the the wearer is of an NCO rank (Feldwebel), however you would also need to place silver Tresse on the shoulder straps edging all the way around. As is, is a miss match and doesn't conform to known archives.  The Chain stitched GD cipher on the shoulder strap was used by the Enlisted ranks and was not normally used by NCO ranks, which used a pinned metal GD insignia. Don't forget to add the cuff title 'Grossdeutschland' on the left lower arm and please remove the Doubled pronged belt as this was used by Army Officers only, same as above.

 

By the time frame given (shown by the wearing of the Crimea badge) generally all these Chain stitched / pinned metal GD cipher were to be removed under 'Allgemeine Heeresmitteilung 1940, Nr.159 of 24 Jan 1940', (for all field uniforms including the Sonderbekleidung) but often or not these General / Standing orders were ignored in some cases.

 

However these Test skins are well done. :salute:

 

If you have any info with regards to the uniform please shoot me a PM. I've run across a lot of examples and details are hit and miss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In keeping with the core games depicted units (Das Reich), here is the Waffen SS uniform WIP. 

 

Spoiler

WmhA0Dw.png

 

oNg9C28.png

 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Great work Det!

 

Not to worry. You'll get your custom GD version. 😉

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome to see, great work as always mate!

 

In regards to decorations as far as the SS uniform is concerned - from a quick search, it seems that LSSAH and DR were made up of experienced and hardened veterans. LSSAH had fought since Poland, DR since France, and both had been on the Eastern Front since Barbarossa, so I would say that what you have right now makes sense - the Panzer Badge, Iron Cross 2nd Class, Wound Badge, and Eastern Front Medal work well as a minimum amount of decorations. The only thing I’d recommend changing is the Close Combat Clasp - it doesn’t really make sense for every German tank crewman in your mod to be wearing one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you do alterations?  My tunic needs to be taken in a bit....😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SCG_Neun said:

Do you do alterations?  My tunic needs to be taken in a bit....😀

 

Hahahahahaha, tried to add a Haha reaction to your post but out of credit today.

 

Bloody limitations on reactions, really pee's me off.  🙄 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you wanna do a historical Panzer Chief with a acurate uniform :

 

My humble research leads me to think that a panzer chief must hold at least an NCO rank :

 

- Unteroffizier

- Unterfeldwebel

 

Mannschaften ranks (Gefreiter, Obergefreiter) was held by the crew :

- Main gunner (usualy the most experienced in the team except the chief).

- Driver ;

- Loader ;

- Light gunner (usualy junior member).

 

Futher the table of organisation of the Panzerwaffe shows :

 

An Halbzug (Half section of 2 Panzer) was lead by an NCO :

- Unteroffizier ;

- Unterfeldwebel ;

- Feldwebel.

 

A Zug (section of 4/5 Panzer) was lead by an experienced NCO or a young officer :

- Feldwebel ;

- Oberfeldwebel ;

- Leutnant.

 

 

 

 

Edited by F/JG300_Egon
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to believe that the leading tank killer of the war Kurt Knispel was only a Feldwebel...and this all the way up until the end  of April 1945.  He reminds me of "Oddball" from Kelly's Heroes.  

 

Thanks Egon for that information, I've been looking at this stuff as well for our ranking structure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2019 at 9:02 AM, F/JG300_Egon said:

If you wanna do a historical Panzer Chief with a acurate uniform :

 

My humble research leads me to think that a panzer chief must hold at least an NCO rank :

 

- Unteroffizier

- Unterfeldwebel

 

Mannschaften ranks (Gefreiter, Obergefreiter) was held by the crew :

- Main gunner (usualy the most experienced in the team except the chief).

- Driver ;

- Loader ;

- Light gunner (usualy junior member).

 

Futher the table of organisation of the Panzerwaffe shows :

 

An Halbzug (Half section of 2 Panzer) was lead by an NCO :

- Unteroffizier ;

- Unterfeldwebel ;

- Feldwebel.

 

A Zug (section of 4/5 Panzer) was lead by an experienced NCO or a young officer :

- Feldwebel ;

- Oberfeldwebel ;

- Leutnant.

 

All of this would be applicable if the crews had separate uniforms. They do not. The uniform is mirrored for every crew member. That means what the driver and loader have is what the TC or vehicle commander has and vice versa. It's universal with regards to the uniforms.

 

Besides, it's highly unlikely I'll be continuing this project. TC is turning out to be the antithesis of what it was subtlety advertised as; that being a tank simulation.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long belated and all, but here is a WIP version of the P43-44A/revision 3, Das Reich early Panzer Wrap as seen and issued to units as early as Kursk. Still very much as work in progress. The normal and alpha maps still have to be created, but it's a start.

 

ibq9CTI.png

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

superb work !  just as it should appear  … too many snowflakes , its history FFS ! :)  .. you cannot just stick your head in the sand ..

 

great work !

 

atb oxo

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DetCord does some great work for sure and I agree, these guys who take all this time to produce such wonderful skins deserve our thanks.  DetCord and E69_Julian57 have both taken the time to produce skins for SCG. Thanks guys!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still a WIP.

 

AR9Ef4H.png

 

On 1/25/2020 at 9:34 AM, Tomi_099 said:

Great .. would it be possible to publish in my Pz.Kpfw III skin pack ..

I will wait patiently until you have done it ..

a white winter uniform would also be interesting!  :new_russian:

 

 

The fact that you've spammed three of my topics with the exact same copy/paste message, I'm gonna go ahead and say no.

  • Like 14
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, uniform and panther...excellent!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WIP's.

 

Das Reich (campaign) default '43.

tuKKJpj.png

 

Heer (Großdeutschland) '43.

5e5DzMw.png

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When all this wonderful stuff will be available to downlolad?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2020 at 2:24 AM, Lofte said:

When all this wonderful stuff will be available to downlolad?)

 

When its done. I managed to create new normal maps but completely forgot about the alpha maps, so that's an in-depth process unto its own.

 

I've teamed up with the infamous [RP] Alan of the Real Panzer fame for a complete rewrite of the German and Soviet tank sounds, the realistic ones that is, the sound effects he spent almost a decade on. So, these addons will likely be compiled into a single mod.

 

EDIT - Forgot the SPR-43/44 pattern WIP.

0FFDPGP.png

Edited by DetCord12B
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh hell yes brother. Just started playing TC, but i'm dying for new sounds already ❤️  Keep at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to the mod, well done DetCord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

iSmjkgM.png

 

ART3Hjy.png

 

f5VPxBa.png

 

EDIT - I have to say that there will be no sound modification for TC, unfortunately. The way sounds mods work for the IL-2 series isn't the way they work for any other game. Sound replacements require a complete overwrite, which wouldn't typically be a big deal, but any sound replacement requires a reupload of the original files, regardless of whether they've been altered or not.

 

Separate files as a mod do not work, and this means that replacing something as simple as a music track or sound of any kind would require a re-upload of the entire sound file. A file that clocks in at over 2GIG's. Alan and I had high hopes for this game with regards to modding, but it looks like this just isn't the case.

Edited by DetCord12B
  • Like 5
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So let me get this straight - is it even possible to mod at all (ie. custom tank models)? :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a real shame DetCord

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...