Sign in to follow this  
AFsparrow1968

New option to integrate to game

Dear team and community,

I do not know where to put this request so I start this topic in "general discussion"...

Is it possible in the future to integrate the "NO FOG MOD" as an official option. Indeed, it allow to set draw distance to 40km for low performance systems like mine and have no haze and same quality as you can see if you set draw distance to 150km (see below picture at 40 km setting).

(nofog mod) which greatly help to remove stuttering without loosing quality (all my option are on ultra except shadow to high and mirror to simple). 

My CPU is an old I7950 @4ghz, GPU 1080TI, 12 RAM DDR3 1600.

With this 40km setting, I have no stutter anymore  and every options on ULTRA with average 100 fps and no hickups. This mod solve all my stuttering issues which occurred since 3.001 patch.

It is sad it is a mod because you cannot join "nomods" multiplayer server. It is why I asked to DEVS if they can integrate this mod as an option.

image.thumb.jpeg.10790a5e02a673d4cbf92f95ce72d1dc.jpeg

thank for this mod and this great game 

regards

Edited Sunday at 10:41 PM by AFsparrow1968

Edited by AFsparrow1968
add info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Really removing fog should make the game use *more* cpu as it is now having draw things hidden by the mist but I suspect the way they are making mist is using more CPU in the same way that smoke and clouds use a lot of CPU.

Dear devs and community,

I do no know if haze use more cpu but one thing is sure, ground is nicer with this fog mod when you set "draw distance" to 40 km and all my stuttering issues disapears. Indeed if you want no fog at short distance, you have to set "draw distance " to 100km as a minimum but the counterpart is more you increase draw distance,  more you get stuttering.

This is why i would like this mod implemented as an option in game. It will allow to play on all no modded servers with all settings on ultra except draw distance adjusted to 40km.

Have a nice day and thanks for all the work you investigate on this fabulous simulator.

On 2/28/2019 at 10:38 PM, TunaEatsLion said:

Thank you for this 1000 times.  I will try asap!

Let me know the results in FPS, because I always thought this fog in a flysim was made to increase the FPS, because no far detail has to be generated. 

10 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

Let me know the results in FPS, because I always thought this fog in a flysim was made to increase the FPS, because no far detail has to be generated. 

I wish I could but, being in US, I'm not able to download the file.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, TunaEatsLion said:

I wish I could but, being in US, I'm not able to download the file.

??? Because you can also download from DD-Arthur. 

Edited by Dutch2

On 2/23/2019 at 12:29 PM, AFsparrow1968 said:

Dear devs and community,

I do no know if haze use more cpu but one thing is sure, ground is nicer with this fog mod when you set "draw distance" to 40 km and all my stuttering issues disapears. Indeed if you want no fog at short distance, you have to set "draw distance " to 100km as a minimum but the counterpart is more you increase draw distance,  more you get stuttering.

This is why i would like this mod implemented as an option in game. It will allow to play on all no modded servers with all settings on ultra except draw distance adjusted to 40km.

Have a nice day and thanks for all the work you investigate on this fabulous simulator.

What are you system specs?

Set Draw distance 150km +NO FOG MO the game looks Great !

The mod improves the FPS , Reduces the GPU Load. 

Happy to see it works for you also "Panzer-uy.

I am sure it will works for most of people who have stuttering issues since months and tried dozen of optimisations as I did. As mentionned I my first post, my system is not the most powerfull (I7950@4ghz, 12go ram DDR3, GPU 1080ti) but I heard persons who have the last updated monster rig (I9900K, RTX2080Ti, 32GO DDR4) who have also stutters.

"DRAW DISTANCE" have a very big influence on stuttering. May be it request to CPU a lot of frames to generate for GPU and my old I7950 cannot handle that. This why i set 40km with the no fog mod to have the same quality as you can see in draw distance 150km.

I prefer to have low but stable fps around 50-60 fps instead of 110 fps with stuttering and hickup every 2 or 3 seconds.....

Have a nice evenings pilots

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Got stutter on a good new or older rig?

If you have nvidia cad, try this

Experiencing stuttering on a powerful rig is frustrating because you know the capability is there but something just isn't right. I built a new pc and had a bit of stutter, especially when panning using TrackIR. I tried every combination of settings I could think of, and even resorted to lowering all graphics, but still the stutter was there. After some more testing, I found the right combination to completely eliminate the stutter with full max graphic settings.

-In game vcync on

-nvidia control panel vsync "adaptive"

i thought these two settings would conflict but instead they have totally fixed all stutter and it feels like a whole new game!

Edited by SShrike

Posted (edited)

Set Draw distance 40 to 150km +NO FOG MO the game looks Great !

On my case, stuttering = online .

Edited by Panzer-uy

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Panzer-uy said:

Set Draw distance 40 to 150km +NO FOG MO the game looks Great !

On my case, stuttering = online .

How much FPS and how much reducement on GPU? 

Edited by Dutch2

I think the fog is there to hide the fact the game has a flat map with no curve of the earth which is visible in the above pic.

normally from up there you can clearly see the curve of the earth
and yes it is ROUND NOT FLAT!

Posted (edited)
On 3/12/2019 at 2:24 PM, Dutch2 said:

How much FPS and how much reducement on GPU? 

I get great performance improvements with the mod,. But take note:

I have an old low end PC,   

The improvement is +/- 35 % percent FPS at any settings Low , Balanced, High, Ultra, draw distance to 40 ,70, 100, 130 or 150km.

The Gpu load is 20 / 30 % less at any setting.

( offline test )

Edited by Panzer-uy

The games cpu intensive I see so many people pairing expensive modern gpus with old crotchety cpus and then complain about stutters. Buy a cpu made in the last couple of years and your problems disappear. I get nearly 200 fps at 2560x1080 maxed out. You don't need a 9900k but you do need to get off the ddr3 and the first gen I series. There's been 9 generations of improvements since your cpu came out. NINE. 

32 minutes ago, JonRedcorn said:

The games cpu intensive I see so many people pairing expensive modern gpus with old crotchety cpus and then complain about stutters. Buy a cpu made in the last couple of years and your problems disappear. I get nearly 200 fps at 2560x1080 maxed out. You don't need a 9900k but you do need to get off the ddr3 and the first gen I series. There's been 9 generations of improvements since your cpu came out. NINE. 

I think we have another FCAT-VR test I could do, to bring in the real figures if this mod does improve and if so how much. Agree mr JonRedcorn?

• Upvote 1

On 2/23/2019 at 12:49 AM, AFsparrow1968 said:

My CPU is an old I7950

Not to pile on, but @JonRedcorn is right - you're running a horribly old CPU. You can't expect the developers to support such old technology indefinitely. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2019 at 6:52 PM, =MANCOS=Panzer-Red said:

I get great performance improvements with the mod,. But take note:

I have an old low end PC,   

The improvement is +/- 35 % percent FPS at any settings Low , Balanced, High, Ultra, draw distance to 40 ,70, 100, 130 or 150km.

The Gpu load is 20 / 30 % less at any setting.

( offline test )

Online test results are not that high as you did wrote down in VR, but it looks the performance are indeed better. 

Draw distance in my case is 40km. 

See my topic on FCAT VR (VR section) were I will do the posting of the results. 

Edited by Dutch2
  • Upvote 1