NETSCAPE

DiRT Rally 2.0 HYPE

Any of you bro's into Rally? I am in America so Rally is not popular here. But my old man and I go to our local (as in 4 hour drive) yearly rally "Oregon Trail Rally". It is mostly Subaru's over here. If I lived in Europe I'd go to all the local/regional rally events.

I love the 70s and 80s Rally cars and just watch old rally footage on repeat. In-game these will be my go to cars. I love RWD and also the death-mobiles of Group B madness.

infamous-group-b-rally-championship-is-no-more-but-here-you-can-see-what-it-was-like.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I love it - miss being able to watch it on Speedvision.

1 minute ago, Gambit21 said:

I love it - miss being able to watch it on Speedvision.

Oregon Trail rally event is in The Dalles/Dufur. There is also Washington event "Olympus Rally" --- all part of bigger National championship (attracts a few international drivers as well)

---

Last year at Oregon Trail Rally 🤘

2018-Oregon-Trail-Rally_All-Fours-Rally-Team-Fire_01-1.jpg.8bdd6f499619520af5e593f7c033995a.jpg

I was gonna say that Group B stuff was absolutely insane (but undeniably one of the coolest and most unsustainable eras in motorsports period).

Edited by Cpt_Cool

I saw the The Delta S4 on the 1985 Lombard RAC rally. Instanly became my all time favorite machine and Ive never lost the awe for this monster. It was my first ever "lads away" rally adventure aged just under 16 and one of the benefits of having petrolhead mates who were 2 years older than me. That was back in the days when "The Rally of Great Britain" didnt mean a couple of forest stages in Wales. It was bang proper. It meant driving through the night to exotic places (Scotland and the Lakes),  feeling the buzz in the "Wood Yard" of Dalby, high adventures trying to get our hired 1.8GLX Sierra sideways on forestry tracks and impossible missions like finding ANYONE to pull in Blackpool on a wet Tuesday November night. 

The whole group B thing between Peugeot and Lancia was completely out of hand by 1986 though and playing fast and loose when making concessions to weight saving probably killed the most talented rally driving pairing of their generation. We stuck into the GpA days of the late 80s and early 90s but when the regs, Tech and drive for shorter, compact events effectively cut its nads off we gave up. 

Couple of years ago i went to watch the WRC - left me flat - like watching muddy scalexric.

We will never see such a specticle as GpB again i still feel very fortunate that i did. 

lancia-delta-s42.jpg

• Upvote 1

After watching 2 minutes of the first video I realized there weren't any crashes, so I stopped watching.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CUJO_1970 said:

After watching 2 minutes of the first video I realized there weren't any crashes, so I stopped watching.

This guys series is fun:

• Upvote 2

I may buy this one. Dirt Rally 1.0 felt like a 'proper' rally SIM as opposed to WRC7. I own WRC 2, 3, 5 and now 7. They don't feel like DR at all.

10 minutes ago, 325TH_SPEKTRE76 said:

I may buy this one. Dirt Rally 1.0 felt like a 'proper' rally SIM as opposed to WRC7. I own WRC 2, 3, 5 and now 7. They don't feel like DR at all.

might want to hold off... the forcefeedback has serious problems...

car selection and stages/locations are awesome.

Yeah i was pretty disappointed with DR 2.0, FFB does not work well on my TM 300rs wheel. Was a big fan of the first game but no major improvement for me in DR 2.0.

Wait for a patch before you buy and maybe a sale too. First DLC (announced only 2 weeks after release and before a patch to fix the game)  is rehashed content from DR 1.0...

Codemasters not bathing themselves in glory, but rather a steaming pile of BS.

/rantover

Posted (edited)

I love it mate! Been playing with Dirt Rally for the last couple years and Dirt 3 before that, and it's been awesome to see how I've gotten a bit better. I'm no where near amazing though. 😂

Please let me know how 2.0 holds up and what your personal opinions are on the game. Not sure if I wanna spend $70 NZD yet. Might just did a special or something. Probably gonna be a while though.

S!

Stumble.

P.S. I'm super excited for F1 starting next week in Aussie. Can't wait 😁😁😁

Edited by Stumble