Sign in to follow this  
1./JG42Nephris

Ju88 - Start>TakeOff

Hi folks,

although I owe Bom since day one, i just tried the Ju-88 today for whatever reason.

However I am strugglin to take off with the lady.

I dont get her managed, to keep straight on the runway, awhile slowly pushing the hammer.

The smallest correction leads into a catastrophy....and lately in flyin sth through my room....😤🤣

The Ju88 got no tailwheel lock - right?🧐

Any hints how to not trash her at take off would be much appreciated 🙂

... yes i already studied vids like Requiems´tuts.

Edited by 1./JG42Nephris

Jump to nose gunner manning the gun for a better view.  Press and hold brakes and then start advancing the throttles.  Release brakes and steer with brakes until u get some speed, then use rudder. Make sure you put your props at 100% beforehand.

• Upvote 1

I know what you mean buddy!

Pull the joystick back until it is over 100 km/h. From then on you should have enough control with the rudder. (By the way, this also applies to the Hs 129).  
Apart from that, make sure that the RPM is 100% before the start.  If you follow this you should keep the track with a small amount of brake input.

have a great Day!

Rico

• Upvote 2

For me the best tip was to keep an eye on the ball and correct the yaw instantly, because you cannot see it otherwise before its too late. After 100km/h the rudder will do its job and I then hit the full throttle.

Taxi using toe brakes only, you don't need rudder input with this beauty, set flaps to 20%, open your cowls to about 50% and throttle up steadily on the runway, TAP your toe brakes as needed to keep her straight and rotate when you're up to speed.

keep your flaps down until your gear is up *Note the gear takes a long time to raise/lower so bear in mind for landings. then raise the flaps and throttle back to 80% throttle and 80% RPM, she'll hold this the entire mission, climb to altitude and bomb what you please.

I've never needed to use the rudder on takeoff, she's that stable. but once you hit 100kph you should have enough air flow to give it some command.